Season 2 WvW GvG NA Tournament

Sir Bully Foot.9078

We [Hate] Everything will be sponsoring this seasons WvW GvG NA Tournament. The Tournament will begin on the week of 02/24/2019. This year we are changing it up a bit, It will be 15 vs 15 double elimination style tournament. This year we will be hosting 16 Guilds, each Guild will have the opportunity to fight a minimum 2 GVG's. Buy in for each Guild will be 200g per guild entry, this is non refundable. Funds pot will be split between 1st 70%, 2nd 20%, and 3rd 10%. First Round matchups will be automated and will be posted a week before the tournament begins. Here is a sneak peak of some of the rule changes for this year:Rules as Follows:

• Participating Guilds need to record their GvG's for any issues during matchup disputes.
  • Anyone who gets caught cheating, that Guild will be automatically disqualified and barred from future Tournaments
  • Each GvG will be best of 7 consecutive rounds, there is no time limit. Semi-Finals and Finals will be best of 9.
  • There will be a max time limit of 3 minutes in between rounds.
  • Round is complete when driver calls "gg" or everyone has been defeated. No re-rez after full down.
  • You can only play in 1 guild during the entire duration of the tournament (if you get caught in another guild, you will be disqualified and guild may be subject to disqualification)
  • Any interference from outside sources, to include pre-buffing will deem that round voided, and that round will then start over
  • Each Guild will have a contact next to their name on the bracket, so when matchup posts you will know who to contact for the setup of the match
  • Each Participating Guild will require to whisper me end score and winner of GVG, "will be required"
    • Guilds will have 15 min from the day of matchup to arrive, if not you forfeit from the time of matchup or if both do a no call no show both will be disqualified from the Tournament.
  • In the event of absentees, a Guild may choose to participate or forfeit with the current available rosterIf Guild Leaders choose Guild Hall to fight , NO MOUNTSPre-Buffing is not allowed prior to start time nor is stacking sigils, stacks must be cleared after rounds complete**Refrain from "pin sniping" or "moaing" driver, that makes for a very bad match, admins discretion on penalties
  • All guilds must submit a guild roster before tournament start, once the tournament officially starts, all submitted rosters are permanent and cannot be edited. A player may be added to your roster after tournament start, as long as they are not already on any submitted rosters

IF YOU MISSED LAST YEARS TOURNAMENT CHECK OUT THE RECAP LINK BELOW

AND RETURNING TO STREAM IS ROY AND GREGOR. FOR ADMINS I HAVE BOOCH RETURNING BACK ALONG SIDE ROY!!!https://www.twitch.tv/roy__

https://www.twitch.tv/gregorpayne

AND AGAIN THIS YEAR, MIKE Z. WILL MAKE HIS APPEARANCE AGAIN TO SAY HI! And I am working on a special surprise before we kick off the GvG Tournament, stay tuned for updates!!!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

@"Sir Bully Foot.9078" said:Here is the link to all our previous matches from last year!!

Great opening but who is TAG? Not heard of them but they won the finals last year? Are they under a different name now?TBT should have won tbh.

Tag has been around a while, they have changed Guild names many times

Does no prebuffing mean absolutely no prebuffing. Like guardians cannot drop symbols for swiftness before the timer, rev's cannot have facets active, etc. In normal GvG's everyone is prebuffing with these. If this is the case I think you should clarify right now what the penalty is for prebuffing. Like if someone is caught prebuffing and wins the round their opponent can request that round does not count if they lose. I would say there should also be a 2-3 second window where prebuffing would not be a redo unless it is done consistently every round because then you will end up in a situation where people are just looking for redo's when they lose.

I would prefer no stealth before the agreed start time and no forward movement instead of no prebuffing.

@"KeyOrion.9506" said:(rolls eyes) I think we all know this is an Alliance Audition. And to call it a tournament for fun sakes would be a lie. Your all figuring out who to hook up with when Alliances get launched. Don't deny it. We all know about it. Some of your people "talk too much". They spilled the beans.

That's such an absurd assertion. If you've been in the gvg scene, you would understand that over 50% of the guilds disband after a tournament.

@"KeyOrion.9506" said:(rolls eyes) I think we all know this is an Alliance Audition. And to call it a tournament for fun sakes would be a lie. Your all figuring out who to hook up with when Alliances get launched. Don't deny it. We all know about it. Some of your people "talk too much". They spilled the beans.

Some of the Guilds reformed just for the tournament, not for some alliance shin dig, lol

That assumes that alliances haven't already formed and don't already consist of 4-5 guilds constantly holding hands together. That is the endgame, after all. Don't need tryouts for that.

Actually that would be a great contest. But it's not a gvg.

A real top guild won't stoop so low as to form an alliance with their strongest rivals just to stomp on the rest for easy bags.A real top guild lives to fight other top guilds.All those guilds that bandwagon and chest thump every week one-pushing pug zergs need a reality check.None of these guilds deserves the title of strongest.VR is probably one of the few guilds left that deserves the title of strongest.

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

A real top guild won't stoop so low as to form an alliance with their strongest rivals just to stomp on the rest for easy bags.A real top guild lives to fight other top guilds.All those guilds that bandwagon and chest thump every week one-pushing pug zergs need a reality check.None of these guilds deserves the title of strongest.VR is probably one of the few guilds left that deserves the title of strongest.

And that's why this year we chose less guilds, but better competition. Most of these matchups should not be 1 sided