ETA until episode 6? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

ETA until episode 6?

Any estimate on when episode 6 will be released?

<1

Comments

• Two to three months after Episode 5?

• mortrialus.3062mortrialus.3062 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    Two to three months after Episode 5?

So one to two months from now to the day.

The Psychomancer: Mesmer Elite Specialization Suggestion

• Squirrel.6318Squirrel.6318 Member ✭✭✭

Thanks. I've never known the timeframe.

• cptaylor.2670cptaylor.2670 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Squirrel.6318 said:
    Thanks. I've never known the timeframe.

Well the time frame has been pretty consistently inconsistent. Their window original puts it at 2 to 3 months. But we've had quite a few delays this season so it's really anyone's guess.

Super Adventure Box begins around April 1st and will probably last a month, so if it isn't March it's probably going to be may. May would be... 4 months? What was episode 2 to 3 gap? Was it 4 or 5 months? And the same team, so given that, the fact that it's the final of the season, and the SAB, as much as I would like it to be in March I wouldn't be surprised to see it in May. Especially given they're jumping into another season instead of an expansion.

• Ayakaru.6583Ayakaru.6583 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 9, 2019

The frame is incosistent.
    They aim for 2-3 months, but thats only an aim, not a release schedule.
    Realistically speaking, its always around 2.5-3 months, or sometimes a bit over 3 months.

Januari eighth saw the release of All or Nothing.
    So theoretically speaking we can expect episode 6 from March 12th, but realistically closer to 2nd, 9th, or 16th of April.

To defeat the dragons, see the good in them.
    Zhaitan reunites lost ones, primordus creates fertile land, mordremoth spreads the green, and jormag..
    ..jormag? Who's that?

• Fenom.9457Fenom.9457 Member ✭✭✭✭

March most likely, late March would be 2.5 months or so

HARRY! DIDYA PUT YER NAME IN DA GOBLET OF FIYAH?!

• In between April 16th and 30th. B)

• Eloc Freidon.5692Eloc Freidon.5692 Member ✭✭✭✭

They've been consistent.

People just insist that the beginning of a third month is the release date and from that point begin counting for the next three month cycle. So its always late to them. The cycle starts counting the day a chapter comes out, not at the earliest point in the release time window.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Hybarf Tics.2048 said:
    In between April 16th and 30th. B)

Ugh, that would be a bummer.

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 9, 2019

The release schedule is 1 episode every 2-3 months. Meaning a minimum of 2 months, and a maximum of 3, unless there's problems which delay it. Also new releases are always on a Tuesday.

All or Nothing came out on the 8th of January. So episode 6 will not be any time before 8th March, but that's a Friday, so it would be the 12th at the earliest. It could be any time between then and the 2nd (or, if you allow 1 day extra in the 3 month window, the 9th) of April without being late.

If it's going to be later than that they'll tell us. But within that period we shouldn't expect to hear anything until they're ready to announce the episode, which is usually 1-2 weeks before it's released.

Danielle Aurorel - Desolation EU. Mini Collector.

"In this town, we call home, everyone hail to the pumpkin song! In this town, don't we love it now? Everyone's waiting for the next surprise!"

• Critical Lag.9075Critical Lag.9075 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 9, 2019

Daybreak - November 28, 2017
    A bug in the system - March 6, 2018 - 3months 1 week after Daybreak
    Long live the lich - June 26, 2018 - 3months 2 weeks after A bug in the system
    A star to guide us - September 18, 2018 2months 3weeks after long live the lich
    All or nothing - January 8, 2019 - 3months 3 weeks after A star to guide us

I'd say next episode will release on mid or late April after super adventure box.

• Will there be an episode 6? I thought we were going to season 5 episode 1.
    When asked that question in the celebration forum mike avoided the question.
    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/65268/redbull-article#latest

• Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Shadowmoon.7986 said:
    Will there be an episode 6? I thought we were going to season 5 episode 1.

Wiki page has an episode 6 TBA on it and a lot of people say it's confirmed.

Considering the way the last episode ended though I'd be more than content to call that the season finale and move on to the next season.
    Certianly felt like a finale to me.

I don't know what to expect from episode 6 in all honesty.. but I highly doubt it'll be as epic as All or Nothing was.. that's going to be one hell of a hard episode to top.
    I guess the next episode will be kinda filler to setup the next season.. although if the Story is going where I predict it is then it'll still be a good episode with some cool setups :D

• @Shadowmoon.7986 said:
    Will there be an episode 6? I thought we were going to season 5 episode 1.

The Devs mentioned Episode 6 in a recent 'Guild Chat' video. They talked about working on it, so....
    /shrug

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

Ep5 was also delayed to avoid the down beat tone coinciding with Xmas. That may or may not bring forward the date

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

@Randulf.7614 said:
    Ep5 was also delayed to avoid the down beat tone coinciding with Xmas. That may or may not bring forward the date

I didn't realise that was the reason, but it definitely makes sense. That ending, followed immediately by "Yay! Wintersday! Time to celebrate!" would be quite jarring and I can imagine some people might complain it's inappropriate.

"In this town, we call home, everyone hail to the pumpkin song! In this town, don't we love it now? Everyone's waiting for the next surprise!"

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Danikat.8537 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:

I didn't realise that was the reason, but it definitely makes sense. That ending, followed immediately by "Yay! Wintersday! Time to celebrate!" would be quite jarring and I can imagine some people might complain it's inappropriate.

Whether that was the only reason, I don't know. When it was raised during the AFC, a sly wink was replied by the devs so it's clear it was a factor

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• lokh.2695lokh.2695 Member ✭✭✭✭

Didn't see the obligatory "When it's ready"-Answer so here it is. Bye. :)

If you want X, and Y is needed to get get X, you also have to want Y if you really want X. If you don't want Y, you don't want X. It's easy.
    Pro: Build Templates, Dungeon Rework, UW content
    Contra: New Races, New Classes, New Weapons, Capes

• Trise.2865Trise.2865 Member ✭✭✭✭

"When it's done" (tm)

If we want ANet to step up their game, then we must step up ours.

• zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭

Realistically its 2.5-4 months per episode. They have gone or record they hope episodes will come closer to the 2 month mark but we will see how that will go.

@Randulf.7614 said:

It would also have been delayed if it wasn’t such a happy episode, because it was wintersday.
    The weeks after the release are also very busy with fixing bugs, game issues, and design flaws.
    There are always thing you can’t acount for in a test setting.

They intentionally waited till after the festive season calmed down. And it was fine, because the festive season
    maintains itself pretty well ingame.

Zhaitan reunites lost ones, primordus creates fertile land, mordremoth spreads the green, and jormag..
    ..jormag? Who's that?

• Daddicus.6128Daddicus.6128 Member ✭✭✭✭

I thought they were going to LW Season 5 after episode 5.

• They shouldn't if the Devs statements about working on Episode 6 are anything to go by.

No, I thought it was an official statement from the company, that it would go directly to Season 5. Can't remember where I saw it though, and I may be mis-paraphrasing it.

• There has been no 'official' statement on how many Episodes Season 4 would have. There was, however, statements made by Devs regarding working on Episode 6 (during one of the recent Guild Chats).

• @Daddicus.6128 said:
    No, I thought it was an official statement from the company, that it would go directly to Season 5. Can't remember where I saw it though, and I may be mis-paraphrasing it.

They said we'd go directly from season 4 to season 5 without an expansion between. That statement didn't say anything clear about number of episodes.

• Ben K.6238Ben K.6238 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 12, 2019

While there are some possible reasons for an optimistic launch date in mid-March, it does sound like April would be likely for a few reasons. I don't think SAB is one, since it'll probably have the same content as last year. But if double-booking is not a thing, then I'm going to bet on mid-April for S4E6.

[Edit: I do have this horrible suspicion it's going to come forward due to the delay of the last episode, and clash with the release of something else I want to play...]

edited February 12, 2019

One thing that might affect it is that Seattle is currently frozen (pun intended) by a massive snow storm.

I'm not sure what exactly the impact on Anet is but I know a lot of businesses are either closed or have very few staff because people simply can't get in. (The weather is very unusual for that part of the world so the infrastructure isn't there to deal with it - they don't have enough/any snow ploughs, people don't have snow tires for their cars etc. - and since the whole place is basically hills sloping down to the sea people are very cautious about taking the chances.)

I know the release is still a long way away, but if being unable to work on it now puts them a week behind (approximately) they may not be able to catch up to release on time.

• Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Daddicus.6128 said:

@Daddicus.6128 said:

The going to season 5 directly after season 4 has been officially announced. However, the number of episodes for either haven’t. The first clue that we got about season 4 having six was when they announced around episode 3 that they were halfway through the season. Then again they mentioned a sixth episode was being worked on during a recent guild chat.

• Susy.7529Susy.7529 Member ✭✭✭

Ep 5 should have been released in December, it was delayed for Christmas Holidays, thus the 3 months should start from ~December 18, so it means around March 19.

• Hybarf Tics.2048Hybarf Tics.2048 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 12, 2019

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Hybarf Tics.2048 said:

4 out of the last 5 episodes were all above 3 months, so my estimate isn't far off.
    Season 3 episode 6; July 25th, 2017
    Episode 1; November 28, 2017 = 4 months, 3 days later
    Episode 2; March 6, 2018 =3 months, 1 week, 2 days later
    Episode 3; June 26, 2018 = 3 months, 2 weeks, 6 days later
    Episode 4; September 18, 2018 = 2 month, 3 weeks, 2 days later
    Episode 5; January 8, 2019 = 3 months, 3 weeks later
    Episode 6; April 16th to 30th, by the time it does come out season 4 will have taken, 1 year and 9 months approximately.
    I sincerely hope season 5 will not take as long or hopefully the 3rd expansion will be in between episodes, if not we are looking at a disastrous possible
    launch window of January 2021 for the 3rd expansion which would cause a lot of players to bail out.

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:
    They've been consistent.

No they have not, 4 out of 5 releases were above 3 months one of them even above 4 months, based on that the 2 to 3 months window is no longer valid.
    All this is caused, I think in part that the maps are way bigger than they used to be, which is I think a good thing.
    The down side is bigger maps = more time. :s

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

@Daddicus.6128 said:

They said we'd go directly from season 4 to season 5 without an expansion between. That statement didn't say anything clear about number of episodes.

Yeah, that could be it. Sorry for the misinterpretation.

• Haleydawn.3764Haleydawn.3764 Member ✭✭✭✭

Well, S4Ep5 was released as “the penultimate” episode. Which would mean we have one episode left of this season.
    I would also hazard a guess it will be end of April, after SAB has come and gone.

Better get a wriggle on.

• Glider.5792Glider.5792 Member ✭✭✭

Either it will release in middle of March, or SAB will come realy early this year (middle of march) and last around 3 weeks. If SAB comes early, ep6 will release in the middle of April.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeFWMeskOJhk8N-SvOFCJXA
    Fractal speed kills, raids, Black Lion Chest Openings, random.

@Hybarf Tics.2048 said:

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:
    They've been consistent.

No they have not, 4 out of 5 releases were above 3 months one of them even above 4 months, based on that the 2 to 3 months window is no longer valid.
    All this is caused, I think in part that the maps are way bigger than they used to be, which is I think a good thing.

Those look like 3 month gaps between episodes to me. Pretty consistent.

@Glider.5792 said:
    Either it will release in middle of March, or SAB will come realy early this year (middle of march) and last around 3 weeks. If SAB comes early, ep6 will release in the middle of April.

They can and have LW chapters release to overlap seasonal events.

• Hard to believe it's been around 1 1/2 years since PoF came out. Blasted chronos and their alacrity.

• zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Hybarf Tics.2048 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Hybarf Tics.2048 said:

4 out of the last 5 episodes were all above 3 months, so my estimate isn't far off.
    Season 3 episode 6; July 25th, 2017
    Episode 1; November 28, 2017 = 4 months, 3 days later
    Episode 2; March 6, 2018 =3 months, 1 week, 2 days later
    Episode 3; June 26, 2018 = 3 months, 2 weeks, 6 days later
    Episode 4; September 18, 2018 = 2 month, 3 weeks, 2 days later
    Episode 5; January 8, 2019 = 3 months, 3 weeks later
    Episode 6; April 16th to 30th, by the time it does come out season 4 will have taken, 1 year and 9 months approximately.
    I sincerely hope season 5 will not take as long or hopefully the 3rd expansion will be in between episodes, if not we are looking at a disastrous possible
    launch window of January 2021 for the 3rd expansion which would cause a lot of players to bail out.

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:
    They've been consistent.

Id say 3 out of 5 episodes so far have gone over 3 months. Based on the time between content updates ofc because thats what matters and not the time between each episodes.

Between ep6 and ep1 pof released on September making the episode 1 take aprox 2 and smth months.

Still episodes 2,3 and 5 were delayed. Which as you said is them being inconsistent.

I also dont agree that bigger means better, these maps have the size but i argue they dont have the content and replayability necesarily.

• @Squirrel.6318 said:

Too kitten long.

• No point making huge maps if there is nothing in them.

• Glider.5792Glider.5792 Member ✭✭✭

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

@Glider.5792 said:

They can and have LW chapters release to overlap seasonal events.

They can, but dont want to, or at least is a really bad choice. Why put 2 content releases in the same patch, when you can span them over 8 weeks without losing anything, yet delay the "content drought" with it. LS hype is already dead after 1-2 weeks for most players.
    The main point is, they want to span out content, so that they retain players for longer. Alot of people come back during major patches, so if they release LS and a Festival at the same time, those players will come back, play for a week, and then dissapear again. Meanwhile, if those 2 are spanned out, they will return again shortly after for the other major release.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeFWMeskOJhk8N-SvOFCJXA
    Fractal speed kills, raids, Black Lion Chest Openings, random.

• I hope for their sake that they are working on an expansion, not working on one is like playing Russian roulette. If their intent were to make LS bigger and more fun and eventually charging a DLC price they would loose me perma... I will never pay for DLC here as long as it's only a n LS episode.
    Since Anet as usual is unwilling to tell it like it is. Here's the possible scenario.
    a) episode 6 in April.
    Possible outcome Kralkatorrik die
    August / September season 5.1
    The story might bring us to Jormag or Primordius or Bubbles
    if the story brings us to bubbles without an expansion, that will mean the end of expansions and me coming here. B)

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Hybarf Tics.2048 said:
    if the story brings us to bubbles without an expansion, that will mean the end of expansions and me coming here. B)

Bubbles would be the Sea Dragon?

In any case, I believe that Season 5 will be the prelude to the next expansion. Everything else would indeed feel off.

• Arden.7480Arden.7480 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Squirrel.6318 said:

March/April, but most likely April.

12 March - 9 April it's the time frame we can expect it to be released, there can be delays as well, so let's just wait. It's the Finale so they will probably need more time than usual, maybe we can even wait until May.

The wound is the place where the Light enters you ~Stephane Lo Presti

@Daddicus.6128 said:

They are, but there's one more episode to come

..jormag? Who's that?

edited February 15, 2019

@Hybarf Tics.2048 said:
    I hope for their sake that they are working on an expansion, not working on one is like playing Russian roulette. If their intent were to make LS bigger and more fun and eventually charging a DLC price they would loose me perma... I will never pay for DLC here as long as it's only a n LS episode.
    Since Anet as usual is unwilling to tell it like it is. Here's the possible scenario.
    a) episode 6 in April.
    Possible outcome Kralkatorrik die
    August / September season 5.1
    The story might bring us to Jormag or Primordius or Bubbles

my speculation for the outcome after the Season 4's finale will be the War between Races and the Commander will be left completely alone proving his worth to everybody he can, but won't be able to stop the preparation between the Anti-Dragon vs Anti-KillingDragon Factions.

Also the Finale will put the Commander on the lose position, no one will ever care about what we say. I doubt there is still any hope for Aurene to return, only nothingness will remain.

But well, we still have the last beacon of hope - the Pale Tree, so maybe she'll give us a clue.

• Vayne.8563Vayne.8563 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Daddicus.6128 said:

They said season 5 would follow season 4, not how many episodes were in Season 4. They also said this was the penultimate episode, which means we have more more in Season 4 then Season 5 starts.

• cptaylor.2670cptaylor.2670 Member ✭✭✭✭

I think if anything we will see Aurene come back, we’ll kill Kralk in his old resting spot, and it will somehow lead to a charr war fighting over excess magic or something. Though theoretically there wouldn’t be that much excess magic because Aurene would have done her thing.

Or who knows. Maybe Kralk is really an illusion created by Lyssa and we’re all really in a vision created by Kralk, and this is all just a fractal that’s been messed up by Ark, and Ark is really Scarlett, and we’re alp still trapped in Mordremoths mind.

@cptaylor.2670 said:
    I think if anything we will see Aurene come back, we’ll kill Kralk in his old resting spot, and it will somehow lead to a charr war fighting over excess magic or something. Though theoretically there wouldn’t be that much excess magic because Aurene would have done her thing.

Or who knows. Maybe Kralk is really an illusion created by Lyssa and we’re all really in a vision created by Kralk, and this is all just a fractal that’s been messed up by Ark, and Ark is really Scarlett, and we’re alp still trapped in Mordremoths mind.

Or you only say nonsense. :P

• Konig Des Todes.2086Konig Des Todes.2086 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 16, 2019

@cptaylor.2670 said:
    Well the time frame has been pretty consistently inconsistent. Their window original puts it at 2 to 3 months. But we've had quite a few delays this season so it's really anyone's guess.

Super Adventure Box begins around April 1st and will probably last a month, so if it isn't March it's probably going to be may. May would be... 4 months? What was episode 2 to 3 gap? Was it 4 or 5 months? And the same team, so given that, the fact that it's the final of the season, and the SAB, as much as I would like it to be in March I wouldn't be surprised to see it in May. Especially given they're jumping into another season instead of an expansion.

TBH, it's been pretty consistent. Average of 11 weeks baring delays (only 2 episodes have had delays longer than a week: Long Live the Lich and All or Nothing) or held back due to festival (this is rare, as they've done this once). The longest delay being for Long Live the Lich which was 17 weeks. The other delay was simply due to bad timing with holidays.

People like to bemoan about how ArenaNet's constantly delaying but... at most, with exception of the two above, releases have never been longer than 13 weeks, and only one has been at 13 weeks itself (due to technical problems). Granted, excluding the first three releases, I don't think they've been under 10 releases either (EDIT: Daybreak was).

That said, will last 3 weeks as all festivals do. Given All or Nothing launched January 8th, we'd expect a March 5th to April 9th release. If SAB follows standard set up and launches the Tuesday before to April 1st, then we'll likely see SAB lasting from March 26th to April 9th. Unless they consider overlapping with SAB fine while not so with Wintersday then we'll see Episode 6 on one of the following dates:

• March 5th
    • March 12th
    • April 23rd

As ArenaNet seldom (if ever) has content within 2 weeks of itself. So before 2 weeks before SAB or 2 weeks after. Technically April 16th is plausible, but imo highly unlikely (as unlikely as Anet releasing Ep6 during SAB). Gives us 3 possibilities. Baring no delays for technical issues.

All these squares make a circle.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.