[Gendarran Fields] Willoo Hero Challenge bugged!

I'm currently in the midst of map completion on my level 80 and encountered the very same problem in game. Interacting with him only earns a greeting and no conversation to start a fight. While talking to the poster about this in game, at least three other players came up to Willoo and were unable to instigate anything either. Hope this can be fixed soon!

Is it similar to this: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/29671/desolation-hp-cant-start"This hero point cannot start because the npc is stuck standing elsewhere - i assume she did not return to her intended position after being beaten. This means you cannot talk to her, thus cannot start the hero challenge."

In that after a fight where he would have moved, the npc did not return to their intended position. If so, no dialogue box appears and a map reset//map where he did return to position will fix it (get on the map about an hour after daily reset to ensure a fresh map if you can't find one throughough the rest of the day).

@"Lexi.1398" said:Is it similar to this: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/29671/desolation-hp-cant-start"This hero point cannot start because the npc is stuck standing elsewhere - i assume she did not return to her intended position after being beaten. This means you cannot talk to her, thus cannot start the hero challenge."

In that after a fight where he would have moved, the npc did not return to their intended position. If so, no dialogue box appears and a map reset//map where he did return to position will fix it (get on the map about an hour after daily reset to ensure a fresh map if you can't find one throughough the rest of the day).

Actually no; Willoo is exactly where he's supposed to be. I'm definitely going to try logging in after reset to see if that helps. I'll report tomorrow on it!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Tried waiting til the 8pm est reset and the map and Willoo is still belly up and bugged out. Can't seem to get a different map for this and thus can't get the completion for this area. Have to say not very impressed that such a progress breaking bug is still around since at least march 15 2018.....