Request for Guild Defender skins \o/ — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Request for Guild Defender skins \o/

Garamond.8542Garamond.8542 Member
edited February 15, 2019 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Hello community and devs, I havent found a post for this, so I`m making it.

Yesterday I spent a good hour browsing the wardrobe for fashion wars, and finally found the perfect composition for my main character. Everything is quite easy to obtain and would make me happier than a full legendary armor set. All but one piece, I found out today: Guild Defender shoulders.

I believe Im not the only one missing those currently unobtainable skins. I also believe its not much of a challenge to bring them back? (sorry if I`m mistaken, just a players guess)

Here is hoping of a juicy dev feedback, and who knows, maybe some good news?

Cheers and happy adventures.

Comments

• Maybe you could use Banded Pauldrons in the meantime.

Good luck.

• Garamond.8542Garamond.8542 Member
    edited February 16, 2019

Doesnt really work, even though its the same design. Not only the small difference in size makes the Guild Defender perfectly proportional with everything else, but also the chest piece overlaps Banded Pauldrons.
    But thanks for the suggestion, though.

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

You're highly unlikely to get a dev response on this topic, especially not one saying whether they'll bring those skins back or not.

But there is reason to think they might one day bring these skins back. If I remember correctly this was the default PvP armour back when PvP and PvE/WvW used different skins, and it was only made unobtainable because when the PvP rewards system was overhauled it was missed. A similar thing happened to the Tribal, Apostle, Stalwart, and Heavy Scale sets - they were unobtainable for a long time, then the Legacy Armour reward track was added to unlock them.

It's possible they could add the guild defender/watchman/archmage skins to that, or create a new reward track for them.

"You can run like a river, Till you end up in the sea,
    And you run till night is black, And keep on going in your dreams,
    And you know all the long while, It's the journey that you seek,
    It's the miles of moving forward, With the wind beneath your wings."

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.