Where you think GW2 goes next? (spoilers)

Nova.7261

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

@"cptaylor.2670" said:I think the most logical solution for the next episode is to have Aurene come back and we kill Kralk and move on, but they could do anything. We could have interdimensional god-like beings pop out of the mists and scatter magic dust all over Kralk and turn him into a rock. Is it likely? No, but it's not impossible. Just seems futile constantly debating and picking apart posts searching for semantics to correct or dissecting sentence after sentence with citations when everything you think you know could easily change with one episode, and could be explained to fit in a way that you wouldn't have imagined because you were too stuck on your personal interpretation.

But I think sometimes people are more concerned about appearing correct or superior than they are engaging in meaningful conversation. I can imagine it must get pretty exhausting.

The problem with that line of thinking is that your so-called "meaningful conversations" will never go anywhere, because everything and anything can be countered with "but ArenaNet can add a reason for this to (not) make sense in the very next release!"

Well, by that argument, what's going to happen is that Caithe will go mad with grief and feast on Aurene's corpse and transform thus becoming a dragon herself and will go on to chase Kralkatorrik into the Mists despite being logically far weaker, without visibly killing them, but all will be fine because the magic is no longer building up even though we've been told that The All's imbalance is a more critical issue and magical buildup is merely a visible symptom of that. Oh, and let's not forget how Gaheron Baelfire's soul is gonna come in and stab Taimi with reforged Magdaer after absorbing all the Foefire ghosts. But that'll remain pointless because Taimi will have transferred her consciousness into Blish's golem body so that the two love birds can be together forever in the gut of the ever-fleeing Elder Scardycat Dragon Kralkatorrik.

What, doesn't make sense? No reason for any of that to happen? Well you know it could all easily change with one episode, and could be explained to fit in a way that you wouldn't have imagined because you were too stuck on your personal interpretation.

There's a reason why theories are based off of evidence and testing. Because without that, you can go into such realms of unexpected, random silliness and massive plotholes that you put Gintama to bitter shame.

Can ArenaNet add or change something to make what couldn't feasibly happen, happen? Sure.

But what's the point of theorizing over what's impossible now? Enter that territory, and there won't be any meaningful conversations beyond your own fan-fictions.

People, especially those constantly having their "beloved theories debunked" by established lore, love to proclaim this, that others are "too focused on what lore has established that you forget Anet can change it any moment" but once you go into what ArenaNet can retcon or add that doesn't fit established lore, there's no real point in discussing it because
anything can happen or get retconned
. Might as well talk about how the skyboxes will turn green and Kralkatorrik will suddenly become a good guy next release.

Meh, I think I've made my point about the silliness of that statement.

That was a pretty creative theory actually, and it could happen. I'm certainly not going to tell you it won't, because I'm not the one writing the story. So kudos to you for thinking outside the box!

Great way for Taimi to go too. They've certainly been building up to her death these last few episodes, and your suggestion of her becoming a part of Blish ties in with her fascination of him. Though it seems like she's more interested in the other brother these days. Maybe it's a love triangle.

And now that Sohothin has been abandoned by Rhytlock, that really ties everything in nicely. You should totally write the story from now on.

Till we meet again, my hero.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because the magic comes from an actual, living being and is intrinsic to their make-up as a species, not an inanimate object imparted some magic from that being that the being promptly replaced. Gods did not become weaker when creating magical artifacts, thus that magic is not as important, because it just happily regenerated, whilst, again, the ability to Mist Walk is not just a fancy magical ability, it is part of their make-up/genes/construction as a race. Just like humans having a heart is. It is as Konig says: An Elder Dragon eating the minion of another Elder Dragon does not give it a tiny sliver of their Elder Dragons magic because that comes from the others Sphere of Influence which does not budge until that dragon actually dies. The same is true with the Gods, evidently.

I am hoping for a deep sea expansion where we ally with bubbles to fight something far worse/strike a bargain with him to keep the magic balance. That addon could perfectly introduce the first elite spec actually playable underwater. That would either introduce new underwater weapons OR underwater weapons usable on terrain. One could dream...

From a story perspective I can't see Aurine being dead for long.Kralkatorrik needs to die, this is something that absolutely must happen in order for the world to keep on spinning and I can't see Anet writing in an apocalypse like that and without Aurine we cannot kill Kralkatorrik without dooming the entire world.

I expect Aurine will return as a Branded slave to Kralkatorrik, Shatterer is dead again so Kralkatorrik has no big bad champion that we know of right now, Aurine would make for a powerful new Champion and her being dead isn't a problem for Kralkatorrik either.I expect the story is heading in that direction and setting us up for an arc involving the Forgotten and the purification ritual they once used to free Glaust.. aka Glint.

Where the story goes after that I'm less sure about but I expect it involves putting Kralkatorrik down for good and I quite like the idea of breaking him down entirely before killing him.My Theory on how that could be done would be to modify and weaponize the purification ritual in order to use against Kralkatorrik directly and break his corruption at the source.. severing his control and either freeing or destroying all of his branded at once while also crippling his ability to corrupt and leaving him severely weakened.

Kralkatorriks final moments would be spent feeling alone, utterly defeated and terrified..That's how I imagine the most fitting death for the Crystal Dragon.. it's cold and cruel, and that's exactly what he deserves.

I don't really see the point in vehicles.. they would just be mounts technically.I don't really mind Gw2 going forward and just adding new mounts with new abilities, There's plenty of potential for an Underwater Mount which I hope is what we'll be getting at some point, along with a proper flying mount (Griffon is an upgraded Glider more than a flyer) and a climbing mount that can scale up walls and cliffs and crawl across ceilings.Mounts are a goldmine for Anet thanks to gemstore skins plus they're mobile and their abilities useful all over the game world so I don't see the next expansion giving them up to something new and better kinda like mounts did to HoT Masteries which only really remain useful in HoT and Lws3.I wouldn't be surprised if the next expansion just gives us a whole new batch of mounts which are specifically designed for whatever new content is coming in said expansion.My above examples could easily be implemented for a second generation set without making the originals redundant.Underwater mount.. Dolphin, I don't even need to promote this one, it doesn't take anything away from the Skimmer yet will make all underwater content in gw2 more enjoyable.

Climber.. Can easily see that being an Ape or Lizard, Won't conflict with Springer due to limited use on what surfaces it can climb/hang from and duration it can cling for, duration increased with masteries.

Flyer.. Pheonix would be my choice specially if the next expansion takes place in Cantha, Flies freely for limited time but is slower than Griffon and cannot travel as far in one flight.. duration of flight increases with masteries.

@"cptaylor.2670" said:

@"cptaylor.2670" said:I think the most logical solution for the next episode is to have Aurene come back and we kill Kralk and move on, but they could do anything. We could have interdimensional god-like beings pop out of the mists and scatter magic dust all over Kralk and turn him into a rock. Is it likely? No, but it's not impossible. Just seems futile constantly debating and picking apart posts searching for semantics to correct or dissecting sentence after sentence with citations when everything you think you know could easily change with one episode, and could be explained to fit in a way that you wouldn't have imagined because you were too stuck on your personal interpretation.

But I think sometimes people are more concerned about appearing correct or superior than they are engaging in meaningful conversation. I can imagine it must get pretty exhausting.

The problem with that line of thinking is that your so-called "meaningful conversations" will never go anywhere, because everything and anything can be countered with "but ArenaNet can add a reason for this to (not) make sense in the very next release!"

Well, by that argument, what's going to happen is that Caithe will go mad with grief and feast on Aurene's corpse and transform thus becoming a dragon herself and will go on to chase Kralkatorrik into the Mists despite being logically far weaker, without visibly killing them, but all will be fine because the magic is no longer building up even though we've been told that The All's imbalance is a more critical issue and magical buildup is merely a visible symptom of that. Oh, and let's not forget how Gaheron Baelfire's soul is gonna come in and stab Taimi with reforged Magdaer after absorbing all the Foefire ghosts. But that'll remain pointless because Taimi will have transferred her consciousness into Blish's golem body so that the two love birds can be together forever in the gut of the ever-fleeing Elder Scardycat Dragon Kralkatorrik.

What, doesn't make sense? No reason for any of that to happen? Well you know it could all easily change with one episode, and could be explained to fit in a way that you wouldn't have imagined because you were too stuck on your personal interpretation.

There's a reason why theories are based off of evidence and testing. Because without that, you can go into such realms of unexpected, random silliness and massive plotholes that you put Gintama to bitter shame.

Can ArenaNet add or change something to make what couldn't feasibly happen, happen? Sure.

But what's the point of theorizing over what's impossible now? Enter that territory, and there won't be any meaningful conversations beyond your own fan-fictions.

People, especially those constantly having their "beloved theories debunked" by established lore, love to proclaim this, that others are "too focused on what lore has established that you forget Anet can change it any moment" but once you go into what ArenaNet can retcon or add that doesn't fit established lore, there's no real point in discussing it because
. Might as well talk about how the skyboxes will turn green and Kralkatorrik will suddenly become a good guy next release.

That was a pretty creative theory actually, and it could happen. I'm certainly not going to tell you it won't, because I'm not the one writing the story. So kudos to you for thinking outside the box!

Great way for Taimi to go too. They've certainly been building up to her death these last few episodes, and your suggestion of her becoming a part of Blish ties in with her fascination of him. Though it seems like she's more interested in the other brother these days. Maybe it's a love triangle.

And now that Sohothin has been abandoned by Rhytlock, that really ties everything in nicely. You should totally write the story from now on.

What is interesting about all this talk about not showing powers and the evidence is that even though eating Zhaitan and Mordremoth’s magic, Kralkatorrik did not display any of this until Season 4. We could have had lots of examples during Path of Fire, but Kralkatorrik shows no death magic powers. Does he use mind magic from Mordremoth? Maybe, but this do much harder to see, if at all.

Also back to the Shadow Magic sphere. Where is that? How come no one is using Shadow Magic? Primordus must be swimming in the stuff and you would think Kralkatorrik should have some evidence of using this spectrum too, however it’s not shown.

@Tyson.5160 said:

@"cptaylor.2670" said:

What is interesting about all this talk about not showing powers and the evidence is that even though eating Zhaitan and Mordremoth’s magic, Kralkatorrik did not display any of this until Season 4. We could have had lots of examples during Path of Fire, but Kralkatorrik shows no death magic powers. Does he use mind magic from Mordremoth? Maybe, but this do much harder to see, if at all.

Also back to the Shadow Magic sphere. Where is that? How come no one is using Shadow Magic? Primordus must be swimming in the stuff and you would think Kralkatorrik should have some evidence of using this spectrum too, however it’s not shown.

He may simply not have had to before. Until there was the mention that Kralkatorrik could see the future and was working to avoid one, he seemed one of the more 'primordial force' dragons versus strategy - when you just fly over an area and everything's dead or works for you, it didn't seem he needed any thinking to win. Brandstorm's a pretty winning strategy.

But with the Last Scion of Glint gaining power he's had to up his game.

@Tremor.7481 said:

@"cptaylor.2670" said:

He may simply not have had to before. Until there was the mention that Kralkatorrik could see the future and was working to avoid one, he seemed one of the more 'primordial force' dragons versus strategy - when you just fly over an area and everything's dead or works for you, it didn't seem he needed any thinking to win. Brandstorm's a pretty winning strategy.

Which is all well and good, however Kralkatorrik moved from the top of the Crystal Desert down into Vabbi. Are we suggesting that there were no corpses which would turn into death branded along that pathway? Also it’s not like Kralkatorrik having Death magic was a big surprise, we were already told that Mordremoth, Primordus and Jormag all had access to Death Magic. With Kralkatorrik’s proximity to Zhaitan, he would have gained a good chunk of death magic too.

Anyhow, I’m really getting off topic here.

@Tremor.7481 said:

@"cptaylor.2670" said:

I think it's a newly established rule that that the elder dragons must use every power they have at all times. Else that power doesn't exist. Or so I've been so eloquently told.

@"cptaylor.2670" said:

@"cptaylor.2670" said:

I think it's a newly established rule that that the elder dragons must use every power they have at all times. Else that power doesn't exist. Or so I've been so eloquently told.

cough Shadow Magic cough

• 2 weeks later...

@Nova.7261 said:Neither of these increase a player's power during a fight. But in this line of thinking its

1. Mobility - Gliders
  2. Mobility+ / Engagement - Mounts
  3. Mobility++ / Engagement+ / ??? - Vehicles?

Guild Airship instead of Guild Halls

• Fully customizable Airship (guns, armor, bombs, etc)
  • Airship battle vs pirates, monsters
  • Bombing runs against mob encampment (guild members jumps off the airship with their glider for bombing runs - use grappling hook to get back to airship)
  • Guild vs Guild war aerial battle
  • Dragon lieutenant Guild bounty (guilds will fight each other who gets to hunt the bounty)

Bottom line, actual fun guild activity.

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:

@Nova.7261 said:Neither of these increase a player's power during a fight. But in this line of thinking its
  1. Mobility - Gliders
  2. Mobility+ / Engagement - Mounts
  3. Mobility++ / Engagement+ / ??? - Vehicles?

Guild Airship instead of Guild Halls
  • Fully customizable Airship (guns, armor, bombs, etc)
  • Airship battle vs pirates, monsters
  • Bombing runs against mob encampment (guild members jumps off the airship with their glider for bombing runs - use grappling hook to get back to airship)
  • Guild vs Guild war aerial battle
  • Dragon lieutenant Guild bounty (guilds will fight each other who gets to hunt the bounty)

Bottom line, actual fun guild activity.

I'm kinda expecting the glory of tyria to come back and hover over your guild hall to allow Guild expeditions.

It would make sense to me, if Taimi kicks the bucket, to get her golem that follows you around and acts like a pocket buffer. Master core x y z and then switch between them for what flavour pocket buffer you want. It wouldn't effect power mechanics because you could get the same from another player, but would effect solo and small party play. When you start combat, your personal airship would periodically fire down support golems.

The airships would then cover mobility by giving an option of restricted fast travel like but different then waypoints on certain maps, engagement by dropping in golems, and likely some form of fortress game mode where you get on your ship and defend it.

focus on mobility is over-used, I think a moment is come of a new gear-tier or a new level-tier. I know it's a sensitive theme, but 1 new gear-tier every 6 years, passes away from becoming a new wow.

if on the one hand the model of expansion of the others that only increase the tier of the gear has become obsolete, on the other hand the model of GW2 that introduces a new "fashion tier" to each expansion also was tired.

@"ugrakarma.9416" said:focus on mobility is over-used, I think a moment is come of a new gear-tier or a new level-tier. I know it's a sensitive theme, but 1 new gear-tier every 6 years, passes away from becoming a new wow.

if on the one hand the model of expansion of the others that only increase the tier of the gear has become obsolete, on the other hand the model of GW2 that introduces a new "fashion tier" to each expansion also was tired.

Gear past legendary? That would 1. Break the game 2. Be unattainable for 99.999% of the people who don't have all lengendaries unlocked.

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:In regards to mechanics, I'm doubtful it'd be a further extension of mobility because that would just be reinventing the wheel at this point, and risk making mounts obsolete. I doubt that future masteries will ever be focused around "increase a player's power during a fight" because we had such before with HoT beta and they were all removed. The closest that was kept was seeing stealthed foes and getting that special skill. Both of which have gone the wayside by now. Unless it's about underwater mobility, then it'd have to focus on something else, something that gives players a good benefit, can be friendly throughout the game, and doesn't negate gliding or mounts. Like build templates.

As for lore, I've said it elsewhere: With Kralkatorrik's death, I believe we're going to have a multi-plot narrative come up, similar to Season 3. This one will focus on the two major plots of replacements for Z and M as well as a rise in charr going against the peace treaty, and the end of the season will likely focus on the rising threat of the deep sea dragon. I don't think they'll bring Jormag and Primordus back until the end.

The plot for replacements for Z and M will focus around Malyck, which we were told last April they were beginning to draft a story for, and the Pale Tree's unanswered origins, ending with one of the trees becoming a proper replacement for Mordremoth. This will be a spread out but ultimately straightforward subplot, meant to just tie up loose threads left by HoT. Would likely include the origins/nature of the Dream, and what happened to the Nightmare Court post-HoT as well.

The plot for the charr-human treaty will begin with us finally reversing the Foefire curse using Sohothin and a at-long-last reforged Magdaer; with Requiem: Rytlock, he will finally be giving up Sohothin and it will be used (and broken) alongside Magdaer and the crown in the ritual to completely undo the curse (either performed by Logan or by Wade Samuelsson). This will cause the number of threats that sparked the charr's need for a peace treaty to become so low (Flame Legion, ghosts, and branded will be gone, leaving just humans and ogres), an increasing number of charr (backed by Bangar in the end, who got a spotlight in Requiem: Rytlock and hates humans and the treaty) will become opposed to furthering the treaty.

There will be one or two maps in the Maguuma, filling the two real gaps we got (south of Dry Top, south of Metrica) and maybe one in Ring of Fire since that's where a bunch of Mordremoth and Zhaitan magic went, while we'll see the remaining ones heading eastward into and beyond the Blazeridge towards the Blood Citadel.

If the season is 6 episodes like 3 and 4, then like Season 3 and first half of Season 4 it will feel horribly rushed. But if they give it 9 then it'll be nicely paced.

I really like this idea - both the plot and having 9 episodes, though if that’s true it’s very important they release faster. There are three remaining gaps in Heart if Maguuma that could be used for the Malyck/Mordy replacement plot: the one under dry top/left of metrica, the one to the left of dragons stand/under auric basin, and the edge of the continent that almost touches the ring of Fire. I could even see that map including the northern base of the draconis mons volcano. And then if we replace Zhaitan too, then 1-2 maps in Orr, and the rest of the season in the blood legion homelands. Although I worry about seeing a new region in a living world season - do they have the resources to create all the assets needed for a brand new region? Because if it just looks like ascalon but a little bit green that would be sad

@Tyson.5160 said:With Aurene dead,I’m wondering if this may potentially lead us to Cantha to seek out the Oracle of the Mists, become Weh no Su, and attempt to bargain with the Envoys to get Aurene back, similar to the story of Factions.

That's a lot of work to do what is pretty much the same thing we do during Speaker of the Dead storyline.

@Tyson.5160 said:With Aurene dead,I’m wondering if this may potentially lead us to Cantha to seek out the Oracle of the Mists, become Weh no Su, and attempt to bargain with the Envoys to get Aurene back, similar to the story of Factions.

That's a lot of work to do what is pretty much the same thing we do during Speaker of the Dead storyline.

I’m just thinking that they might introduce Cantha through living world, my preference would be an expansion though. If memory serves, Cantha had much less maps then Elona and central Tyria, yeah?

Edit: could be a possible reason to go back to Cantha, that being said it would mean that Kralkatorrik hasn’t been dealt with in Season 4 which seems a little weird since he is collapsing reality as we know it.

I don't think Aurene is dead. That would make the Crystal Champion Mastery invalid. She was simply removed from the story to keep the hero in desperation.

Gw2 keeps the commander at power level 0 and then writes a story where they suddenly look like they can win. Its fun, but its not going to make for a big all out war finally.

I think when we finish off kralk, we will be introduce to a new foreign threat from beyond the mists something stronger than both the gods and dragons. I think this because of all the events happening in LS4. Ep2 the final battle we warp all across trial, only to end up floating on some asteroid in the emptiness of space/mists. Ep4 we are introduced to that alien bobble head landscape. Along with finding out Kralk is wreaking havoc in the mists. It seems to me that the dev's are leading in to something kind of with the Lazarus/Balthazar thing in LS3. We'll probably deal with the deep sea dragon before the new foreign power comes into play.

@Nova.7261 said:

I don't think Aurene is dead. That would make the Crystal Champion Mastery invalid.

revenant

@Nova.7261 said:

@"ugrakarma.9416" said:focus on mobility is over-used, I think a moment is come of a new gear-tier or a new level-tier. I know it's a sensitive theme, but 1 new gear-tier every 6 years, passes away from becoming a new wow.

Gear past legendary? That would 1. Break the game 2. Be unattainable for 99.999% of the people who don't have all lengendaries unlocked.

Legendaries are ascended, they do not have extra stats, and the devs have already started in the past that legendaries will always be equal to the highest tier, in other words if they add ultimate gear or something then legendaries would match it automatically.

But they've also said ascended would be the final gear tier, and if they do add more, it will be ascended runes, sigils, etc.

@Nova.7261 said:

I don't think Aurene is dead. That would make the Crystal Champion Mastery invalid.

Dragon corruption lasts beyond their death though.