Unable to purchase gems [Merged]

Unable to complete any amount of gem purchase, no matter what payment method I'm using. I select the amount, fill information, check the checkbox and hit confirm. For a second it says transaction in progress, however after that message appears 'unfortunately an error has occured' for half a second'.

Whats the matter, Anet doesnt want my money anymore?

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unable to buy gems or redeem any of the gem cards I have (Ticket #7234804).

I am totally shocked that a company doesn't ensure the method of them gaining money is so flaky. It puts people off. One of my friends had this issue trying to buy the GW2 HoT xpac and game and had this happen. Put them off totally after the 3rd attempt and I don't blame him.

This really should be a priority as if you can't buy gems, there is no point in updating teh gem store and a bunch of people are simply unable to purchase anything there due to delays with support and a working financial back end

@"Teleri.7124" said:Why do you insist that EVERYONE submit a ticket instead of fixing the REAL problem once and for all?

Probably because it's a more efficient and secure means of information gathering. Maybe there is a trend.. say only oceanic payment gateways or w/e is one issue and there is another completely unrelated account issue affecting the rest.Easier to get that information and more through a support ticket then through forum posts. It's also more orderly and easier to manage from a support perspective.

But still I feel ya pain..

shutup and take my money!!

This is getting ridiculous. I originally had this problem 2 weeks ago. Submitted a support ticket. Took them about 4 days to fix it. I was able to buy a bundle of gems.

Fast foward to today, i go and try to buy another bundle of gems... nope. Doesnt work. This time im not even getting an error message. Its just jumping back to the screen with the "which amount of gems do you wish to purchase" selection. I have now re-opened my support ticket in hopes that this gets fixed.. yet again. Im not really happy that Im going to have to wait another several days. Missing out on specials on the store does NOT make me happy.

Anet Support: You need to pass this issue along to the next tier. I get that you can only help each issue on a one by one basis, but the root cause of this problem NEEDS to be fixed. Its making people not want to spend money on your product.

@Explosan.7250 said:I have same problem with buying gems by credit card, I put in a ticket on Jan 8 and i still haven't any response from support.

If you never received the near-immediate automated response(email), you can create a new ticket. (Make sure to check spam/junk folders.)If you did received the automated response(email), you can update your ticket (by replying to said email), which will re-open the ticket should it have been inadvertently closed.

Good luck.

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:Might actually be an issue with Mastercard, Visa etc... I know many cashpoints and pay machines went down all of a sudden where I live due to processing system issues.. when it happens it's not just one card that gets errors it a plethora cos they all transact into the same mastercard/visa payment system.. paypal will be linked to your banks/credit cards via the same system.. visa, visa debit, access, etc.. at least that my very limited understanding of it.If it is an issue with the transacting/processing, then there is very little ANET or even Digy River can do about it as it will be outside of their sphere of influence :0

Just stumbled upon this thread a few minutes ago, I've been having a purchasing problem since last night. That actually makes sense if ANET is having trouble finding a solution. To further add weight to what you're saying, I was able to buy twice last night, before going ahead with a 3rd one and having the transaction fall through repeatedly with no error that I can see. (nothing else besides the first two successful transactions are pending)

I went ahead and created a CS ticket earlier today.Edit: The transaction went through successfully, not sure what exactly was causing it, but I'm betting it's as you said Bloodstealer.Ticket updated and closed

Wondering if certain transaction systems are having mares at moment.. where I live Visa transactions have been dodgy again, with shops unable to use there machines (my daughter has a part time job in a local store and its been fun times for her with queues all around as shoppers are unable to pay with cards and have no cash on them so they have to then queue up at the cashpoint outside to get some only to find the machine is up and down like a yoyo... To add contactless payments in a variety of shops and services have been unreliable for the last 2 days... I am guessing maybe these transaction systems are being targeted by DDOS or something .. we will likely find out in a year or two when its too late.

Having this same issue.Support has already replied to me in my ticket that I should be able to purchase gems now, but I still cant. Still getting the same error message. I remember years ago having to do something odd that worked, like logging in and out of master account and restarting the game at the same time. It's been so long I've forgotten how I used to get around this. Anyone find any solutions?

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem as most people here. I will make a ticket. Always : "an error has accurd" with all payment options. I havent logged in for 4 months. today is 9-3-2019. from 2 PM i have this problem. I need to buy me some gold, exchange rate is as we speak 1040 gems for 250 gold. Any delay will mean i will pay much more hard earned euro's for the same amount of gems. unexeptable. I'm almost a day one player with more then 1,5k euro spend on this game. you devs can verify.

20:26 PM 9-3-2019:prices have dropped to 988 gems for 250 gold. This is a very good exchange rate. Hope this BS is not going to cost me.

I'm having this problem. I submitted a ticket last night. Hoping it gets resolved quickly so I can get the sale today and start LW S3. Fingers crossed! It's hard to find gem cards to buy these days, unfortunately. Maaaaybe at Best Buy. Gamestop, Walmart, and Target don't have them, and Amazon only has from third party sellers.