Is your reaction to the "Tame The Warclaw" teaser trailer positive or negative? - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Is your reaction to the "Tame The Warclaw" teaser trailer positive or negative?

Comments

• Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Positive

@PookieDaWombat.6209 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:

The only problems I cited is that WvW is underpopulated and was oversold as something it never lived upto.

Those problems are not going to be fixed or made worse by the addition of a mount imo.. if anything the mount will bring more people to WvW but due to WvW just not being a good game mode they won't stick around for long... nothing short of a total revamp to WvW is actually going to fix that problem since the core problems with WvW are because WvW in it's current form simply sucks and isn't enjoyable to the majority of Gw2 players.

I know a lot of WvW fans are not going to like hearing that but it's the truth.. WvW has a low population because it's just not fun.
    You need this population boom to WvW for WvW to justify both it's continued existence and to justify that this big WvW revamp is worth all the time and money Anet is investing into making it happen.
    I still think the mount itself is a feature they should have saved until or after the Revamp since the people it will bring into WvW are more likely to stick around after the revamp than they are now.. but they saw fit to announce the mount now.. and I can't speak for their reasons until they've given them which I assume they will do on Friday's livestream.

I agree a lot of concerns are valid such as how the mount will effect the game mode but until Anet actually give us those details it's really all based in speculation on how the PvE mounts function.. and this one is unique since it's designed primarily as a WvW mount.
    Those calling for it to outright be removed before even knowing how it will work are really overreacting imo.. at least give Anet a chance to justify this decision first.

"In all the years I played this game.. I never once had that genuine WvW experience... all i've ever seen in WvW is a glorified game of ring around the rosies.. just groups of people running in a very big circle capturing abandoned forts then moving onto the next while an enemy group does the same thing.. I cannot stress how unbelievably tedius and boring that is and that is pretty much the entire WvW experience as far as I've seen."

If you think that mounts won't be amplifying this very real problem of WvW that you stated, then I have a lovely bridge to sell you as well.

That problem stems from the tiny population more than anything..
    Kinda hard to have big epic battles when there's literally not enough people to fill a squad on the map >.<
    A mount would at least allow people to get around these giant maps quicker and actually take part in skirmishes that are really far away.
    If like me you've joined a map where a squad is taking on one of the larger castle/forts and facing some resistance then the chances of you actually getting there before the battle is won or lost is next to none..
    Mounts and large maps pretty much go hand in hand so this is something that could end up favoring WvW.

Sure the typical ring around the rosies problem will continue until WvW becomes more populated.. but at least that will get faster and far less tedious because it doesn't take a million years to travel around the entire map.. and players are not limited by their own mobility caps while a squad permaswifts its way around the map faster than you can run.
    Closing that gap will be much easier with a mount.. even if the squad is mounted between targets.

• Positive

I am happy they are doing this. It was about time to improve on the movement speed possibilities in WvW. Particularly in comparison to PvE it felt more and more that ´getting anywhere´ took way to long on the map. Contested or nonexistent waypoints and 8 minute walk-distances are turning off many a player that might enjoy are more casual massive scale competitive game-mode on a regular basis.

Positive

@Teratus.2859 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:

The only problems I cited is that WvW is underpopulated and was oversold as something it never lived upto.

Those problems are not going to be fixed or made worse by the addition of a mount imo.. if anything the mount will bring more people to WvW but due to WvW just not being a good game mode they won't stick around for long... nothing short of a total revamp to WvW is actually going to fix that problem since the core problems with WvW are because WvW in it's current form simply sucks and isn't enjoyable to the majority of Gw2 players.

I know a lot of WvW fans are not going to like hearing that but it's the truth.. WvW has a low population because it's just not fun.
    You need this population boom to WvW for WvW to justify both it's continued existence and to justify that this big WvW revamp is worth all the time and money Anet is investing into making it happen.
    I still think the mount itself is a feature they should have saved until or after the Revamp since the people it will bring into WvW are more likely to stick around after the revamp than they are now.. but they saw fit to announce the mount now.. and I can't speak for their reasons until they've given them which I assume they will do on Friday's livestream.

I agree a lot of concerns are valid such as how the mount will effect the game mode but until Anet actually give us those details it's really all based in speculation on how the PvE mounts function.. and this one is unique since it's designed primarily as a WvW mount.
    Those calling for it to outright be removed before even knowing how it will work are really overreacting imo.. at least give Anet a chance to justify this decision first.

"In all the years I played this game.. I never once had that genuine WvW experience... all i've ever seen in WvW is a glorified game of ring around the rosies.. just groups of people running in a very big circle capturing abandoned forts then moving onto the next while an enemy group does the same thing.. I cannot stress how unbelievably tedius and boring that is and that is pretty much the entire WvW experience as far as I've seen."

If you think that mounts won't be amplifying this very real problem of WvW that you stated, then I have a lovely bridge to sell you as well.

Kinda hard to have big epic battles when there's literally not enough people to fill a squad on the map >.<
    A mount would at least allow people to get around these giant maps quicker and actually take part in skirmishes that are really far away.
    If like me you've joined a map where a squad is taking on one of the larger castle/forts and facing some resistance then the chances of you actually getting there before the battle is won or lost is next to none..
    Mounts and large maps pretty much go hand in hand so this is something that could end up favoring WvW.

Sure the typical ring around the rosies problem will continue until WvW becomes more populated.. but at least that will get faster and far less tedious because it doesn't take a million years to travel around the entire map.. and players are not limited by their own mobility caps while a squad permaswifts its way around the map faster than you can run.
    Closing that gap will be much easier with a mount.. even if the squad is mounted between targets.

Then perhaps Anet should address those population issues first instead of trying to carrot on a stick players into the maps to get slaughtered and leave frustrated.

They've already been trying to do that for years man..
    The big Revamp is one of those updates they confirmed to keep faith in WvW.. but at the end of the day they're not going to improve the population of WvW unless they can make WvW more enjoyable..
    I'm not going to say a Mount will do that but it might just make a small difference.. at the very least it'll help with the tedium by improving the mobility problems WvW has.

• Why does it have to be positive or negative. I am of a wait and see frame of mind. It could be awesome, charging onto battle on a steed. Or just roaming camp to camp. It could also be no fun or of little consequence. Can't imagine we'd be able to jump walls or remain mounted in battle. I've gotten use to a lot of changes -- both good and bad in wvw and keep coming back. Give it a try before declaring the sky has fallen.

• Negative

One thing I've noticed with WvW, even if you have a queue to get in to EBG or whatever, the fights are not that 'epic' even with 150 or so people mainly because if 2 teams engage with 50 people a side, it's mainly probing skirmishes and neither zergs fully commits until their opponent is stretched out or they commit to a breach. Then the fights over in 2-3 minutes with either a wipe out or a disengagement and reset for another 5 minutes of facing off before more skirmishes etc. The maps simply can't handle large amounts of people before going into 'queue mode' and even when they are, there is not that many people present relative to the actual size of the maps involved. It's a fundimental problem with WvW that really does need to be addressed before anything else is added to it that will result in maxing out the maps with people that have never done WvW before and want the mount. It's simply not going to be an enjoyable experience for ANYONE next week I'm guessing (though I hope to be wrong here)

• Negative

@Teratus.2859 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:

Then perhaps Anet should address those population issues first instead of trying to carrot on a stick players into the maps to get slaughtered and leave frustrated.

The big Revamp is one of those updates they confirmed to keep faith in WvW.. but at the end of the day they're not going to improve the population of WvW unless they can make WvW more enjoyable..
    I'm not going to say a Mount will do that but it might just make a small difference.. at the very least it'll help with the tedium by improving the mobility problems WvW has.

Believe me, I know full well what they've attempted over the years. Unfortunately Anet tends to be fairly tone deaf when it comes to these things and have time and again done things that I feel have hurt WvW in the long run rather than help it. I'm fully aware that the WvW community has its Sybil moments (and kudos if you understand the reference), but at the end of the day mounts are a very bad band-aid to put on this issue in lieu of the bigger alliance changes they teased.

Greck Howlbane - Firebrand
    Sorrow's Furnace For Life

Positive

@Teratus.2859 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:

Believe me, I know full well what they've attempted over the years. Unfortunately Anet tends to be fairly tone deaf when it comes to these things and have time and again done things that I feel have hurt WvW in the long run rather than help it. I'm fully aware that the WvW community has its Sybil moments (and kudos if you understand the reference), but at the end of the day mounts are a very bad band-aid to put on this issue in lieu of the bigger alliance changes they teased.

I'm very much looking forward to those alliance changes as well and also if they will extend in any way to the PvE game as well (I really enjoyed the alliance system Gw1 had and would very much like to see something similar in Gw2 for both game modes, alliance chat for example).
    We all knew those kinds of changes were going to take a long time though.. but I understand the frustration that Anet tends to be completely silent about this stuff.
    Nobody wants to hear after a year that they have nothing to say to those who've waited for so long.. I too wish Anet would be more open about how the revamp is coming along.

• juno.1840juno.1840 Member ✭✭✭
    Positive

It's ok if ANet makes money from this -- one problem we have right now is that WvW doesn't generate as much revenue as other game modes. This means it doesn't get as many software developers in the budget. Everyone who enjoys WvW should be happy about revenue generated exclusively by WvW. More revenue means more developers means faster WvW feature development. That's how business works.

Everyone screams for WvW content and, as predicted, the whining has begun that the new content isn't good. You haven't tried it yet! Even if the launch is rough, I expect ANet to straighten it out after some iteration. That's happened in almost every release.

Personally I think the mounts will likely be less impacting than all the panic suggests. Looking forward to trying it myself.

• Negative

Negative, but not wildly so. I want to see how it works, but I'm not excited about it at all.

• DarkOne.9603DarkOne.9603 Member
    edited February 20, 2019
    Positive

@dezkreet.3472 said:
    I don't see an apathetic option being need. just splits up the no vote more. Whether you are mad about the mounts themselves or the misuse of valuable dev time for wvw, it's still negative regardless.

So negative... People were this negative about heath ledge playing the joker too.

Just saying

• StrawHat.2639StrawHat.2639 Member ✭✭✭
    Negative

@Ni In.6578 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:
    All for more mounts and this one definitely seems interesting.

What i'm interested in knowing is whether this mount will be usable outside of WvW or whether it will be exclusively obtained and used only in WvW.
    I'm more than happy to play some WvW to get the mount even if it has little to no use in PvE but if it's only useable in WvW I won't bother.

And what you stated is the entire issue. It sounds like you PvE for the most part, which is fine. Yet instead of getting things that people who are more or less dedicated to WvW have been asking for, we get PvE content. Nothing that advances this PvP game mode.

What this comes down to is that you will begrudgingly play a game mode like those going after Gift of Battle or Catmander tag to take whatever the end result is outside of WvW. This doesn't improve WvW at all.

I agree with Ni In on this point from a lot of posts in the forums.

Sanji
    Lost last glimmer of enthusiasm for WvW

Anet dragon has finally defeated the
    **WvW WarBorn **
    He's over 7000!
    Havok lover with a sprinkle of Zerging

• StrawHat.2639StrawHat.2639 Member ✭✭✭
    Negative

@Teratus.2859 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:

@Ni In.6578 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:

What i'm interested in knowing is whether this mount will be usable outside of WvW or whether it will be exclusively obtained and used only in WvW.
    I'm more than happy to play some WvW to get the mount even if it has little to no use in PvE but if it's only useable in WvW I won't bother.

And what you stated is the entire issue. It sounds like you PvE for the most part, which is fine. Yet instead of getting things that people who are more or less dedicated to WvW have been asking for, we get PvE content. Nothing that advances this PvP game mode.

Purely PvE, I don't like WvW in all honesty for several reasons.. the biggest being that the game mode is a hollow shell of what it was originally designed and promoted to be.
    Large battles between huge numbers of players.. defending forts and keeps against the hordes of players!!

In all the years I played this game.. I never once had that genuine WvW experience... all i've ever seen in WvW is a glorified game of ring around the rosies.. just groups of people running in a very big circle capturing abandoned forts then moving onto the next while an enemy group does the same thing.. I cannot stress how unbelievably tedius and boring that is and that is pretty much the entire WvW experience as far as I've seen.
    It's the main reason I am eagerly hoping that the WvW revamp will finally make WvW an actual World vs World experience like it was always supposed to be.. then i'll gladly play it more so.. maybe even regularly ^^

What this comes down to is that you will begrudgingly play a game mode like those going after Gift of Battle or Catmander tag to take whatever the end result is outside of WvW. This doesn't improve WvW at all.

Pretty much.. I already have to play the mode when I want to make a legendary, and years back I had to play when I wanted map completion too.
    I do agree with you, the mount alone is absolutely not going to improve WvW although personally I do like the idea of mounts in WvW and I do like the look of this one so far.

The biggest problem with WvW imo is the fact that WvW is just a very badly designed game mode in general that was greatly oversold as a feature for Gw2.
    It's population declined so much over the years being one of the main reasons why it stagnated and neglected by the devs.
    Why bother with a game mode hardly anyone plays right?

I think the mount is going to bring a lot of people to WvW.. specially if it can be used in PvE.. and thats something WvW does desperately need to even warrant it's continnued existence.. but in it's current state I doubt they will stick around after they got their Warclaw.. which overall will make the mount kinda wasted.
    I think this mount would have been a far better addition to hold back until the big WvW revamp had already dropped because if WvW does get significantly better from that Revamp (which I really hope it does) then a lot more players who played it for the mount.. would likely stick around afterwards because they found the content enjoyable.. I'd certainly be one of them.

Mounts will literally amplify all of the things you just cited as problems with WvW. Not help them. Actual active WvW players have said as much time and time again, yet Anet is only listening to PvE players apparently.

I'll be quite candid, you don't seem to play enough WvW from your first post to see the problems that are plain as day...if you say I didn't leave any feedback to state the problems then go look at some of my other WvW forum replies or on some other player feedback I agreed on to get the gits of it.

Cheers

Sanji
    Lost last glimmer of enthusiasm for WvW

Anet dragon has finally defeated the
    **WvW WarBorn **
    He's over 7000!
    Havok lover with a sprinkle of Zerging

• Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Negative

Golem week flash backs but now forever...

• Infusion.7149Infusion.7149 Member ✭✭✭
    Negative

Trailer didn't have anyone alongside the mount, so can't judge its speed. The mount implementation can be good or bad , but a large part of that is how quick it is in relation to swiftness or superspeed.

• Rashagar.8349Rashagar.8349 Member ✭✭✭
    Positive

@Julius Seizure.4985 said:
    I am tired of players complaining anytime new features are added to WvW.

What WvW needs is more new features, more variety, quicker balance patches, and better rewards. That’s it. Yes, I would like to have certain elite specs and combat skills addressed, but I anticipate having lots of fun with the new mount until some of the other deficiencies in this game mode are fixed.

God, yes. I feel so jaded reading all the complaints. I've heard it all before, and it wasn't any more accurate back then either.

• derd.6413derd.6413 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Positive

i'm cautiously optimistic about how the mount will turn out to be.

the trailer did get me excited because i enjoy forum dumpster fires

I Have No friends, so I Must pug

• lodjur.1284lodjur.1284 Member ✭✭✭
    Positive

@Tyson.5160 said:

@Booey Bubblehead.4890 said:

@dezkreet.3472 said:
    I don't see an apathetic option being need. just splits up the no vote more. Whether you are mad about the mounts themselves or the misuse of valuable dev time for wvw, it's still negative regardless.

They wasted dev time because his is just another cash grab situation--warclaw mount skins coming to a gem store near you.

The mount was probably designed by a completely different team then WvW.

But but the art and animation teams are the only ones who can truly fix wvw /sarcasm

Ögonen omges av vita och svarta penseldrag som gör att de ser större ut än vad de egentligen är. Baksidan av lodjurets öron kantas av svart päls som slutar i den karaktäristiska tofsen högst upp på örat. Lodjurets svans är kortare än de flesta andra kattdjurs.

• Hoon.1524Hoon.1524 Member ✭✭✭

Hail Lagclaw the Zerger of House Anet, first of it's name, King of the Zerglings and first PvPers, Breaker of GPUs, The Unnerfed, Protector of the Seven Fan Bois, Lord of the Unwanted, Commander of the great empty EotM and Father of Mirage buffs and the death of a game mode!!

• zengara.8301zengara.8301 Member ✭✭✭

This is how Brexit happened, we need a third option dude

• Negative

I tend to be more negative towards mounts in WvW since i can't imagine a positive influence. But i would be lucky to be taught otherwise.
    What bothers me is the communication again. Being in touch with guilds to discuss WvW, seeing the mount debate for years and now this? In my opinion it doesn't really matter what is happening next week, Anet affronted many player for no reason.

• TheQuickFox.3826TheQuickFox.3826 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 20, 2019

@TheQuickFox.3826 said:
    I love to finally be able to use mounts in WvW. I hope I can use my current mounts. My char looks better on a cute springer or a noble griffon than these armored war machines.

Oh yeah, then we can completely invalidate the reason to have walls on a keep when everyone can springer over them walls. Yup. Great idea. I really hope you were joking. Like, reeeeeeally hope.

Just allow it in owned territories just like the current gliding in WvW.

Ascalon Will Prevail!

GW Wiki user page | GW2 Wiki user page

• Negative

Godemmit, if this mount is allowed in pve. It means that I have to play that nasty wvw to get a new mount. So I have to play wvw to play pve :( People in wvw think this is bad, try to think how pve player now feels.

• Etterwyn.5263Etterwyn.5263 Member ✭✭✭
    Positive

I'm excited for its potential but kinda trepid about it having damage capabilities.

WvW™ - where you find more Red Rings of Death than an Xbox repair facility.

Positive

@TheQuickFox.3826 said:

@TheQuickFox.3826 said:
    I love to finally be able to use mounts in WvW. I hope I can use my current mounts. My char looks better on a cute springer or a noble griffon than these armored war machines.

Oh yeah, then we can completely invalidate the reason to have walls on a keep when everyone can springer over them walls. Yup. Great idea. I really hope you were joking. Like, reeeeeeally hope.

won't happen or how are they supposed to pull down gates?

@derd.6413 said:

@TheQuickFox.3826 said:

@TheQuickFox.3826 said:

Plz read the relevant quotes.

Ascalon Will Prevail!

Positive

@TheQuickFox.3826 said:

@derd.6413 said:

@TheQuickFox.3826 said:

@TheQuickFox.3826 said:

Plz read the relevant quotes.

unique rules for each mount is such a bad idea i didn't think ppl would suggest it

• Negative

To start this: I don't have any hard feeling towards that mount whats'o'ever. I have my doubts, but it can turn out great again.
    There are other things that kitten me off instead:
    1. Negliance towards major problems in WvW (again) - We still have insane problems in many parts of this gamemode and instead of fixing them Anet tries again to make us shut up with a shabby mount. I mean, it feels like on alliances is working one dude, whilst the rest is, for instance, working on said mount. Put your resources into alliances if you wanna have a happy costumership. Then, the performance issues in WvW in BvBvB fights: It is insanely embarrassing, that one dude is able to make something better/fix it partly where a whole team of devs was like "It's impossible"; "that won't fix anything" etc.
    2. The problems this mount will bring to the WvW community at release: Has Anet nothing learned from pip release? The main community couldn't play their gamemode because - yes we still have no alliances, where queues and such are more balanced - they were stuck in queues for the evening where they'd normally wanted to play the gamemode they playing the game for. Meanwhile, the PvE'ers were sitting afk in spawn etc to farm pips and blocking out the whole gamemode. I doubt this will be any different.
    3. The usual release balance/broken issues - just remember when Anet had to move Ogrewatch because you could glide in on the release of gliding.

• LetoII.3782LetoII.3782 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Negative

@Grohiik.1852 said:
    I am pretty sure that you will only mount up in your territory which makes sense.

So it was pulling down a door on it's own side in the video?

[HUNT] the predatory instinct

edited February 20, 2019

@LetoII.3782 said:

@Grohiik.1852 said:
    I am pretty sure that you will only mount up in your territory which makes sense.

-Edit: Mistaken, nevermind.

Ascalon Will Prevail!

Positive

@TheQuickFox.3826 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:

@Grohiik.1852 said:

If your read the original quotes, you could see that I was talking about the possibility to use our current mounts, like the springer and the griffon in WvW.
    Because there were concerns of players that this would invalidate WvW by flying / jumping over walls, I made myself more clear by adding that this should only be enabled in the currently owned territories.

he wasn't talking to you tho

• Miko.4158Miko.4158 Member ✭✭✭
    Positive

WAHOO, I AM MIGHTY He-MANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!
    ...with less than 5 fps . potentially.
    the skills look pretty low level a slight improvement on pvd isn't going to change the world.
    the movement is less than the glide.
    and this isn't pvp, bring your gear and elites this is endgame material.
    I don't get what all the crying is about.
    BY THE POWER OF SALTSKULL

Positive

@StrawHat.2639 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:

@Ni In.6578 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:

Purely PvE, I don't like WvW in all honesty for several reasons.. the biggest being that the game mode is a hollow shell of what it was originally designed and promoted to be.
    Large battles between huge numbers of players.. defending forts and keeps against the hordes of players!!

In all the years I played this game.. I never once had that genuine WvW experience... all i've ever seen in WvW is a glorified game of ring around the rosies.. just groups of people running in a very big circle capturing abandoned forts then moving onto the next while an enemy group does the same thing.. I cannot stress how unbelievably tedius and boring that is and that is pretty much the entire WvW experience as far as I've seen.
    It's the main reason I am eagerly hoping that the WvW revamp will finally make WvW an actual World vs World experience like it was always supposed to be.. then i'll gladly play it more so.. maybe even regularly ^^

Pretty much.. I already have to play the mode when I want to make a legendary, and years back I had to play when I wanted map completion too.
    I do agree with you, the mount alone is absolutely not going to improve WvW although personally I do like the idea of mounts in WvW and I do like the look of this one so far.

The biggest problem with WvW imo is the fact that WvW is just a very badly designed game mode in general that was greatly oversold as a feature for Gw2.
    It's population declined so much over the years being one of the main reasons why it stagnated and neglected by the devs.

I think the mount is going to bring a lot of people to WvW.. specially if it can be used in PvE.. and thats something WvW does desperately need to even warrant it's continnued existence.. but in it's current state I doubt they will stick around after they got their Warclaw.. which overall will make the mount kinda wasted.
    I think this mount would have been a far better addition to hold back until the big WvW revamp had already dropped because if WvW does get significantly better from that Revamp (which I really hope it does) then a lot more players who played it for the mount.. would likely stick around afterwards because they found the content enjoyable.. I'd certainly be one of them.

Mounts will literally amplify all of the things you just cited as problems with WvW. Not help them. Actual active WvW players have said as much time and time again, yet Anet is only listening to PvE players apparently.

I'll be quite candid, you don't seem to play enough WvW from your first post to see the problems that are plain as day...if you say I didn't leave any feedback to state the problems then go look at some of my other WvW forum replies or on some other player feedback I agreed on to get the gits of it.

Cheers

I've stated that myself.. i'm not a WvW player.

But I do recognize that the main problems with WvW all stem from the fact that the game mode is dull, boring and mostly lacking a large population to warrant Anet's time and constant attention to fix.. hence why it takes so long for anything to get fixed in the first place.

It seems like every time Anet do something to try and increase that population it's met with huge backlash from WvW players who for the most part are annoyed because the game mode will get traffic from PvE players..
    Even the best WvW players started out as noobs who had no clue what they were doing.. and these PvE players will end up significantly increasing the loot gain for more experiend WvW players as well since they will be easy prey.

That fact is WvW will always be neglected unless it gets more popular.. and it's never going to get more popular unless it starts attracting players from PvE.. If WvW players don't want those PvE players in WvW then they're basically saying they want WvW to die.
    Anet deserve a lot of credit for keeping the mode alive for as long as they have despite the minority who play it.. many other companies would probably have shut it down years ago because they'd see it as a waste of resources to continue supporting.

I do have faith in WvW.. I think it had a lot of potential.. but in it's current state it's a waste of time to both play and support.. that's why it desperately needs a population boost more than anything.

• Amineo.8951Amineo.8951 Member ✭✭✭
    Negative

I think this mount is a waste for WvW, it should've been exclusive to PvE in which you can summon the Warclaw to help you during combat on top of being able to mount it.

The lore implication would be very easy: Due to what happens after LWS4 Episode 5, you need more help than ever in the field because of the sheer increase in Branded lines -> There, a new collection with challenges similar to the Griffin mount in PoF maps but you travel around LS4 maps instead.

• Negative

@TheQuickFox.3826 said:

@TheQuickFox.3826 said:

Still no. Part of the ply in WvW is that if you are not at a tower or keep to defend it that it is harder to get there through enemy lines. Gliding already trivializes this to some degree. Why would we want to further trivialize it?

• Positive

Positive, i want more Skins. How about a Dolyak Skin?

• Negative

@Teratus.2859 said:

@StrawHat.2639 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:

@Ni In.6578 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:

Cheers

I've stated that myself.. i'm not a WvW player.

But I do recognize that the main problems with WvW all stem from the fact that the game mode is dull, boring and mostly lacking a large population to warrant Anet's time and constant attention to fix.. hence why it takes so long for anything to get fixed in the first place.

It seems like every time Anet do something to try and increase that population it's met with huge backlash from WvW players who for the most part are annoyed because the game mode will get traffic from PvE players..
    Even the best WvW players started out as noobs who had no clue what they were doing.. and these PvE players will end up significantly increasing the loot gain for more experiend WvW players as well since they will be easy prey.

That fact is WvW will always be neglected unless it gets more popular.. and it's never going to get more popular unless it starts attracting players from PvE.. If WvW players don't want those PvE players in WvW then they're basically saying they want WvW to die.
    Anet deserve a lot of credit for keeping the mode alive for as long as they have despite the minority who play it.. many other companies would probably have shut it down years ago because they'd see it as a waste of resources to continue supporting.

I do have faith in WvW.. I think it had a lot of potential.. but in it's current state it's a waste of time to both play and support.. that's why it desperately needs a population boost more than anything.

Here's the problem with WvW. Once we had server pride and people enjoyed playing in their servers with their friends and guilds. Problem is there was a big problem with how Anet determined world size and populations and that affected matchmaking. The players begged for better matchmaking and also wanted tyo be better rewarded for their time (ie: defenders being able to earn the same loot as zergers, etc). Anet answered with tournaments that offered some extra rewards and prestige, but also opened the door to server bandwagoning which hurt server populations leading up to a tournament and sometimes split guilds or just outright killed some server WvW communities. Eventually the damage was so bad, along with other problems that came from the infamous April patch that drove away a lot of players over 2 years, that Anet then decided to add megaservers to the game. This killed a lot of WvW recruiting, and in turn further hurt smaller WvW servers. Some more tournament action and the introduction of easy to get loot (smack a yak and wait method) brought in a bunch of players to WvW that aren't necessarily there to play the format. Add to that the fact that it became obvious that training through a map was a better investment of time rather than actual battles and the introduction of a huge and gorgeous map that feels empty all the time due the severely killed population in WvW and now we're at the point where this mount is nothing more than a carrot to get warm bodies in there for a short time. It still won't address population issues in the long term, lag issues that have been around for years, or create incentives for people to play the game mode as envisioned. The groundwork for WvW to be in this state was laid down ages ago and its not like the desires of the community were unknown. The mount is simply tone deaf and screams of a financially driven decision. Not a player/customer based one. While nowhere near as bad as some other game devs currently in the news, this kind of monetizing the player base instead of offering up things the players want is not a sustainable business model. Make quality and people will gladly pay for it. Treat players as ATMs and they will turn their backs on you. Whales can only keep a company afloat for so long.

• Negative

Definitely negative. It would be a good idea for EotM.

• Baldrick.8967Baldrick.8967 Member ✭✭✭
    Negative

If only they had showed a video from the public test server after extensive live testing with real players involved to give feedback and with 40-50 people a side showing how awesome this would be...that would be a real improvement.

Oh wait. The video doesn't even have another player in it. Probably because wvw is now so deserted it's a good demonstration of what it will be like on your mount:-)

Instead we get some pve solo trailer which doesn't give us any information or comparisons or even how you go about getting it and unlocking the skills and roughly how long it will take to unlock the skills or how it interacts with the mountless and how much of a disadvantage the mountless will have.

It's almost as if they don't really give a monkeys about wvw.

• Sviel.7493Sviel.7493 Member ✭✭✭

My reaction isn't strong enough to go full positive/negative yet. I'm leaning negative, but in an alternate universe where WvW is well-populated, this could maybe be cool.

Mainly, I don't know why they tacked siege damage onto it. It probably won't make combat any worse, but it could radically alter siege play. What happens if 50 cats show up and start yanking a gate down? How does this change blitzing objectives? Faster blitzes won't lead to more fights and will hurt defensively as well. No one wins.

On the other hand, giving a base mobility option is ok. It shouldn't be faster than a thief, but it could help out a necro. And it's kind of cool.

I just hope this isn't the BIG announcement they were talking about. This is just a potentially disastrous add-on. There's no best-case scenario where adding giant kitties will make WvW more generally desirable.

• Grohiik.1852Grohiik.1852 Member ✭✭
    edited February 20, 2019
    Positive

@LetoII.3782 said:

@Grohiik.1852 said:

I was literally falling asleep on the chair when I wrote this, so rip.
    What I was meant to say was, I just hope that when you siege, that there will be a hardcap of how many Warclaws the team can use.
    But I insist it's still too early for any judgement.

• Positive

I voted positive, But I am really on the line. I hate to wait and see, This could be a good thing for WvW.

• SkyShroud.2865SkyShroud.2865 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Negative

Bad poll, need meaningful options like

"I am WvWer, I think is good"
    "I am WvWer, I think is bad"
    "I am PvEr, I am gonna go WvW to check out this mount"
    "I am PvEr, I am still not gonna play WvW"

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International PvX Guild
    Henge of Denravi Server
    www.gw2time.com

--

Explanations of WvW Structures & Populations Issues

• viquing.8254viquing.8254 Member ✭✭✭
    Negative

From an old WvWer point of view who stopped near HoT release fater 3 years of full time WvW play :

WvW main issues are :
    1) ZERO map strategy since HoT class powercreep and shield generator. (And no more structure gestion.)
    2) ZERO doubt when you engage an outnumbered fight. Aka you know how most fights will end even before starting it so they is ZERO interest to do what they call "fight".
    With more people superior to what they do. Aka you can have 30 people who rollface their 3 in 1 skills while drinking their coffee, they will win against 15 people who coordinate. That's was not the case before class powercreep.

It's only a karma train mode with blob > all.
    The more they increase zerg/blob effectivness, the less this mode will be interesting. (Also the more attack > defense, the less fight you have.)
    Finally they success to transform a good unique feature with much potential to a mindless PvE mode.

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 20, 2019
    Negative

Kinda Apathetic. Love the mount, but not the fact introducing it in WvW. So + for - -

+++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' , Housing , New asuran expansion , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    +++NEW: AEP Asuran Expansion Project available on WIKI.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.