Official Feedback Thread: LWS4 Episode 5: All or Nothing

Pros:

• The story was very strong this episode. It finally had the same tone as the GW1 story, probably for the first time in GW2 history.
  • Dwarven Catacombs mini-dungeon was fun, and I like how it was made repeatable (not so keen on the price and time limit.)
  • The Dragonsblood Weapon designs are great, especially the sword and greatsword, since they're proportioned similar to actual swords for once!
  • The Springer jumping puzzle for the mastery point was nice.

Cons:

• The Dragonsblood Spear skill made the rest of my build feel irrelevant in the story instances.
  • Too much AoE spam in the story instances. It's getting very wearing that this is the main feature of most battles.
  • With a large group, the new map's meta events are trivially easy (and consequently quite dull) even though it's impossible to see what's going on with all the visual noise.
  • The Niles mastery point was tedious. Trial and error doesn't make for compelling gameplay.
  • The lighting in the new map looks awful: the contrast is effectively brickwalled, causing texture details to disappear, and leaving character models especially looking cartoonish. This has been a problem since PoF, but seemed particularly bad here.

Well, I hardly ever post, but you asked for our reactions, so here is mine.I really doubt that I will be playing again until the next episode is out.

I realise a lot of people have been wanting more gritty story telling and absolutely loved this episode. I hated it.I am a long time GW1 player, as well as GW2, and it has always been the story that has kept me coming back.

This time it is the story that will keep me away, as least until the next episode.Seriously, what is the point of playing as the commander for the next 2-3 months?You've just killed all my incentive to do anything in the game.

As I said, I don't post often, but this galvanised me into posting. Yay, you made an impact!

• ArenaNet Staff

@"Boogiepop Void.6473" said:I tired to complete the map today and have been unable to. As an experiment, I hung out in the map waiting to see if I could get a port. In over 3 hours, not a single port was to be found. We are already reaching the level of map population where trying to get a port into the consul's tomb is becoming non-viable. People are no longer hanging around the map in high enough concentration for it to be "worth it" (via tips) to stand around porting people. As such, getting lucky with plates is starting to become the ONLY way to get the poi. Given another few weeks it will probably be the only way period, making the map uncompletable without running the metas a large number of times trying to luck into a purple plate.

MAP COMPLETION SHOULD NEVER DEPEND ON LUCK OR RNG.

Just as a note, Chapter 2 directs you and gets you into the Consuler's Tomb - https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dragonsblood

@"Clayton Kisko.5207" said:Just as a note, Chapter 2 directs you and gets you into the Consuler's Tomb - https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dragonsblood

I don't mind collections being gated, I don't mind if the difficulty is altered by gates. I do mind seeing map completion gated. It's not necessarily unfair or difficult; it's just dull.

I'm an adult. I teared-up.While it's plausible some of us are experiencing that of the Commander...

Let me get this straight. We move thru Glint's Egg, Balthazar & countless other progressions.I buy Bitter Frost with hard earned gold, thinking should be softer. Wrong.Can't move 2steps without the aggro & everytime I'm downed, a ghostly vision of Aurene floats over me.The struggle is real, on this side of the camera.

And then, the heart & soul of Stories for so long, is Ripped out? Whut?! Why?!And don't even start with hints of Taimi's demise.

-Camera shaking, too jarring. Got stuck in a Crystal, had to log out to get back in.-Laughed at Food Merchant saying..."End of the World Special."

Now, when Lois Lane was killed...Superman flew furiously round the Earthturning time backwards to be able to fix his error.

I'm hoping the Commander secures a comfy house in Queensdale, only bothered bya Centaur or 2 or 3 or 14.

@"Clayton Kisko.5207" said:Just as a note, Chapter 2 directs you and gets you into the Consuler's Tomb - https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dragonsblood

While this is true, it is even more of a gate. Fine for an alt or two or three ... but if you have over twenty alts you would like to do map completion on for the sake of the branded masses needed for the Dragonsblood weapons, then having to do Chapter 1 over and over to get to Chapter 2 gets prohibitive. So far I have managed to either get the purple plate or find someone with it who will let me tele to them, but I've also gotten snarked at for my polite Map request and found myself dreading that step every time. If I have to do story on alts I will, I do actually enjoy the story, but not all my alts are so well geared or non-squishy as to make it smooth sailing and that's a fairly high time commitment for the sake of one poi.

I have not yet seen anyone posting about how much they love this hiccup in getting Peaks pois. It seems to be a very negative part of the map experience for a lot of people, so it warrants revisiting. Even if you don't do it until I've finished all the completions I need/want, I'll still cheer for it if you do it!

@JokerM.6021 said:Oil mission is bugged. If another player places his/her oil over yours, it gets destroyed. because Anet

@JokerM.6021 said:Oil mission is bugged. If another player places his/her oil over yours, it gets destroyed. because Anet

Ohh man, because Anet? Do you think other games don't have issues? But in my opinion this isn't even an issue.. Please stop saying such things, Anet is amazing, GW2 has the best bussiness model in any mmorpg, TONS of free stuff, great gameplay etc.. NO MONTHLY SUBSCRIBSION, NO PTW! God damn it wow is so much worse, with IMO outdated graphics and combat system, and you have to pay monthly! I love this company and this game, it deserve so much more players and positive feedback. (playing GW2 for 3 years)

• 1 month later...

@lockheedlight.5910 said:Now to the real reason I took the time to log in and make this post. I was really enjoying this episode. The build up to the final fight was good. I was having a great time right until Aurene got offed in the last couple moments of the episode. Really tired of character after character being killed off. I was all set up for an amazing episode. But that ending really soured the whole episode.

Anet has decided to copy Game of Thrones? While some people really love that show, I won't watch it. At this point, I'm questioning continuing to play GW2 at all.

Maybe that's their idea. Kill every story character, destroy the world, release GW3.