Pay-for raid slots: what should we expect?

Fleabite.7528

ArenaNet says it's relaxed about players selling raid spots ingame. But the market itself is a grey one, with little clarity for those interested in paying for a slot. So in the spirit of more transparency, some thoughts and answers for the following would be really great:

1. What's the current going rate for a pay-for slot per raid wing? Does it vary server to server, or wing to wing? Even boss to boss?
  2. How do buyers know they're getting a good (or bad) deal? What should they watch out for - positives and negatives.
  3. How much involvement should a pay-for raider expect on a run? Will they be expected to stay put and let others do the work? Or are they expected to get involved?
  4. Are most raid achievements possible for pay-for raiders? Or are some or most achievements in fact off limits?
  5. For those selling raid slots, what are the most frequent issues and complaints which crop up when it comes to managing your clients' expectations? (both them to you and you to them)
  6. What happens if a pay-for raider gets ripped off, or receieves a poor service? What happens if the provider gets ripped off? (can that even happen?)
  7. Should there be a way of rating a pay-for provider ingame, (eg like Trip Adviser, YouTube), and that rating being visible to others ?

My hope here is to demystify the pay-for raidslot process a bit - so please be frank and positive!

@"Fleabite.7528" said:ArenaNet says it's relaxed about players selling raid spots ingame. But the market itself is a grey one, with little clarity for those interested in paying for a slot. So in the spirit of more transparency, some thoughts and answers for the following would be really great:

1. What's the current going rate for a pay-for slot per raid wing? Does it vary server to server, or wing to wing? Even boss to boss?

It vary depending on which group does the selling, which boss, and how many you buy in one go. Since there is no central market place the prices depend on what you can negotiate with the seller.

1. How do buyers know they're getting a good (or bad) deal? What should they watch out for - positives and negatives.

Easiest is to ask multiple groups if you want to get a feel for the price, or ask in map for a third-party recommendations. I am unsure about anets forum policy so I won't name groups I would recommend here on the forum.

1. How much involvement should a pay-for raider expect on a run? Will they be expected to stay put and let others do the work? Or are they expected to get involved?

Depend on sell group. At minimum you need to be online and be able to /gg at the start if requested. Some guilds are happy to help the buyer be involved if they want to, which basically mean they can explain the raid a bit to the buyer during the run. Like any service minded people who is extremely interested in their "job", expect them to be more than happy to talk about what they are doing if that is what the customer wants :).

1. Are most raid achievements possible for pay-for raiders? Or are some or most achievements in fact off limits?

Yes. Legendary armor is a bit on the expensive end since it require quite a few kills, but I know a few who has done it.

1. For those selling raid slots, what are the most frequent issues and complaints which crop up when it comes to managing your clients' expectations? (both them to you and you to them)

From the seller perspective it is mostly that the buyer don't showing up on arranged time. Can't say about the client perspective because I never heard anyone complain, but I could imagine if a group actually fail to deliver that someone might complain about wasted time (or worse if they paid a lot upfront).

1. What happens if a pay-for raider gets ripped off, or receieves a poor service? What happens if the provider gets ripped off? (can that even happen?)

Never seen that happen, but I would assume it does happen. To my knowledge there isn't much of a buyer/seller protection offered by anet.

1. Should there be a way of rating a pay-for provider ingame, (eg like Trip Adviser, YouTube), and that rating being visible to others ?My hope here is to demystify the pay-for raidslot process a bit - so please be frank and positive!

Donno.

As it was said: It depends on the raid wing you want to buy/sell. Since they are different in difficulty there is no fixed price. Additionally different sell groups offer different prices and it was also explained to you that we won't post particular offers here in the official forums.Join the appropriate lfgs ingame and ask for the encounter/s you want to buy and you'll get a response.

@"Fleabite.7528" said:

1. Are most raid achievements possible for pay-for raiders? Or are some or most achievements in fact off limits?Sellers are perfectly willing to sell any achievements. On the other hand, some of those they can at best help you with, because they require you doing/not doing something. Depending on how hard that "something" is, some of the achieves may indeed end up beyond the reach of some less skilled players.

For example, "Eternal" title requires doing all 3 bosses of the first wing without any party member dying. Obviously, if you can't stay alive even when your group tries to keep you so, you won't get it. Similarily, second tier of legendary armor collection has several challenges where you need to do something specific in one of the wing 4 fights. In addition to Not Dying . At least one of those things (Crystalline heart for Cairn, the first boss of the wing) requires you to not fail one specific mechanic even once throughout the whole fight (and it's a mechanic noone else can really help you with).

So, no achievement is off limits. That doesn't mean every achievement can be bought. Some you need to work for at least a little bit on your own.

• 1 month later...

Everything can be answered if you just ask a raid seller ingame. It's not a shady business. Rich players who are bad or have no time want achievements/legendary armor. Good players are able to low man raid clears. 1+1 = Raidselling. It's just a service people are willing to pay.

• Like 1

no one here will give you an exact price as it would limit their potential to scam you for as high a price as they think they can get from you... your best bet is to ask multiple sellers ingame and choose the lowest you find. And remember... if the yask you what you think you should pay, just walk away.... they are trying to take you for a high priced ride....

• Like 1

@JaddynnStarr.5201 said:no one here will give you an exact price as it would limit their potential to scam you for as high a price as they think they can get from you... your best bet is to ask multiple sellers ingame and choose the lowest you find. And remember... if the yask you what you think you should pay, just walk away.... they are trying to take you for a high priced ride....

If you look next to the avatar you see a account name. The reason people don't want to post prices is that a price is an advertisement directly linked to an account.

But since people are so pressing for a specific price, let me describe the numbers a bit by giving what I as a individual seller might expect from a run. For a single boss, I would personally expect at minimum 10 gold to be bothered, preferable 20. For a wing, at minimum 30 gold preferable 40-50. If particular harder for some reason, add 10-20g. If you have 9 sellers and one buyer, multiple it and you get a number. If its 8 sellers and 2 buyers, assume a bit higher per seller price but divided by 2.

Many times we went lower in the past, but then it was full clears on all wings so the time investment was still worth it.

From there you should have a relative clear idea of bottom price, mid price and overpriced price. Also in order to try avoiding going against the rules on the forum, please do not contact me. This is not a offer and only a personal example.

@Belorn.2659 said:

From there you should have a relative clear idea of bottom price, mid price and overpriced price. Also in order to try avoiding going against the rules on the forum, please do not contact me. This is not a offer and only a personal example.

Thank you for actually putting some baseline numbers to this!

• 3 years later...
On 12/3/2022 at 12:58 AM, Cesar.6701 said:

It took me a long time to get envoy and I enjoy the proccess, learn each boss is fun... Now I am trying to learn W5~7 to craft the ring. But if people want to buy the achievements and skip this proccess I don't see a problem.

oh you're a necromancer main too?

• Haha 1