Say one thing you love about GW2. — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Say one thing you love about GW2.

Happy game time.

I love Asura.

<13

Comments

• Vayne.8563Vayne.8563 Member ✭✭✭✭

Only one thing? Gah.

I'll go with SAB since it's coming up soon.

• Warkind.6745Warkind.6745 Member ✭✭✭

Rascal coat skin.

All is vain.

• Kam.4092Kam.4092 Member ✭✭✭

@Vayne.8563 said:
    Only one thing? Gah.

I'll go with SAB since it's coming up soon.

You can say something again later. Just let others post a bit before.

• BlueJin.4127BlueJin.4127 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 25, 2019

Freedom to play however I want for rewards. While some rewards understandably require specific activities, there are so many rewards I can get by playing however I prefer.

If only the pvp and wvw skins are available through PVE... :disappointed:

^^

• Neural.1824Neural.1824 Member ✭✭✭✭

Dodging.
    This one thing has kept me and a few friends in GW2 when other options presented themselves at times.. There have been other games that we've seen that have a similar mechanic (Wildstar had a version, for example), but when it comes to staying active in combat, Arenanet has the most seamless implementation of this feature that I've come across.

Soul-binding needs to be allowed to die gracefully. It has expired. It is long past it's time to become a footnote in the history of gaming.

• Just one? JUST ONE!?
    YOU MANIAC, curse you with restricting my joy to ONE. SINGLE. THING!!! shakes fist
    All silliness aside... :D

Probably the biggest thing I love about GW2 is the lore. It's so deep and you can find so many little hidden tidbits all over the place if you just look for it. I've spent countless time scouring the wiki, and in-game itself, for information on any and every question that begs to be asked as I go about playing the game. 90% of the time, I find an answer somewhere and I absolutely love it.

• Kiza.5630Kiza.5630 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 25, 2019

Charr!

And maybe Charr. (since post needed more charrs... gawds this pun)

• Raknar.4735Raknar.4735 Member ✭✭✭

Jumping Puzzles

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 25, 2019

Asuran Architecture.

+++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' , Housing , New asuran expansion , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    +++NEW: AEP Asuran Expansion Project available on WIKI.
    +++New: GEM GW2 Exploration Map: Discover unusual places around tyria: Here (OSM map)

• Mea.5491Mea.5491 Member ✭✭✭✭

Open world PvE dynamic/meta events.

• Best combat system ever!

• The ease with which I can return to any older map and still find them relevant and with things to do.

• Jura.2170Jura.2170 Member ✭✭✭

The sense of wonder and excitement you get when leveling a character in and exploring core Tyria for the first time

All of which wouldn't be possible without Jeremy Soule's wonderful music

please make a Taimi voice mail pack
    my QoL wishes

• Only one? Getting Astralaria. One of the most entertaining, beautiful (occasionally frustrating) and rewarding things I've ever done in a game. Any game.

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

There's always something new for me to find or do. Even if it's "just" scenery I don't remember noticing before, or some amusing dialogue or a skin I've never seen before I feel like I encounter something new every time I log in and it means I'm always looking forward to finding out what I'll discover today.

"Hard knocks, bad luck, been knocked down,
    You got back up, rise up, shine on, keep on fighting, the war is almost done...But then I hear you're gone.
    I feel, when the lights go down, you are still here, all you hold dear remains.
    Your star never fades."

@maddoctor.2738 said:
    That it doesn't have a subscription fee (even optional).
    I had to say this given all the recent threads about adding subscriptions to the game.

It's a good point. That's one of the things that first convinced me to get GW1 and a big reason I'm still here. I do buy gems but I love that I can do it when it's convenient for me rather than on a fixed schedule and I'm not locked out of the game if I haven't bought anything for a while. I also like that the stuff I do buy is permanent, so if I don't get to use it right away it's there waiting for me when I do have time. Unlike a subscription which expires whether you use it or not, so with my unpredictable schedule I could easily end up paying for time I never actually get to use.

You got back up, rise up, shine on, keep on fighting, the war is almost done...But then I hear you're gone.
    Your star never fades."

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

The male character models (except Norn) and their movement animations.

• Zoltreez.6435Zoltreez.6435 Member ✭✭✭

Map/Zone Design

GW2 have the most Beautiful and also Gigantic maps that are ALSO feel like its full of Life no other MMO come close to this yet...

• kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Lumpy Forehead.2193 said:
    No subscriptions.

Yep!

I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

• Kylden Ar.3724Kylden Ar.3724 Member ✭✭✭✭

The fact that there is no subscription fees, so if I need to take a break for family or work or just cause I got a new game and am involved in that, I am not 'wasting' money and it's easy to get back into.

How many times we gotta tell you GRIND IS NOT CONTENT there ANet?

Leader of Tyrian Adventure Corp [TACO], [RaW][TACO] Alliance, Kaineng.

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭

What I also love are Ambient Dialogues, I always wish to have more of them within maps.

+++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' , Housing , New asuran expansion , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    +++NEW: AEP Asuran Expansion Project available on WIKI.
    +++New: GEM GW2 Exploration Map: Discover unusual places around tyria: Here (OSM map)

This one might be a bit controversial but I'm also going to add horizontal progression. I love that when a new update comes out, even a big one like an expansion my first thought is what I want to do, not what I need to do for the game to permit me to play the stuff I'm interested in.

I might choose to update my equipment if there's a new stat combination available which interests me, but I love that it's my choice to do that as and when I'm ready and I'm not forced to get new gear or level up some more before I can get to the fun part. (Of course a good game would try to make sure levelling up again is also fun, but it's still much nicer for me to be able to do things in whatever order I choose instead of following a path chosen by the developers.)

Your star never fades."

• Dami.5046Dami.5046 Member ✭✭✭✭

The fact I can still call Tyria home.

• Psycoprophet.8107Psycoprophet.8107 Member ✭✭✭✭

Initiative system

• The Artwork

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster

• Mount idle animations.

• Freedom of movement and gear progression. With this i can come up with crazy fun challenges and made up rules to follow to spice up my gameplay.
    Making new characters and playing this way has kept me happy for at least the last 2 years.

• Tekoneiric.6817Tekoneiric.6817 Member ✭✭✭✭

Freedom of movement and play. It helps me find an outlet for my wanderlust that I don't have a lot of opportunity and funds to pursue. I also enjoy the story and characters. I wish we could explore them more in depth. I think it would be interesting if one day they could back each NPC character with a more sophisticated AI to allow better interaction when the technology gets to that point.

• Just one thing?! I can't pick- what would I pi- oh I know, I'll go the easy path. My one word: everything 😂

• Rauderi.8706Rauderi.8706 Member ✭✭✭✭

Only one?
    Charr. }]:3

Many alts! Handle it!

"A condescending answer might as well not be an answer at all."
    -Eloc Freidon.5692

• TheQuickFox.3826TheQuickFox.3826 Member ✭✭✭✭

Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2 haven been an important part of my life since the end of 2006. I love being in Tyria.

Ascalon Will Prevail!

GW Wiki user page | GW2 Wiki user page

• Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Danikat.8537 said:
    This one might be a bit controversial but I'm also going to add horizontal progression. I love that when a new update comes out, even a big one like an expansion my first thought is what I want to do, not what I need to do for the game to permit me to play the stuff I'm interested in.

I might choose to update my equipment if there's a new stat combination available which interests me, but I love that it's my choice to do that as and when I'm ready and I'm not forced to get new gear or level up some more before I can get to the fun part. (Of course a good game would try to make sure levelling up again is also fun, but it's still much nicer for me to be able to do things in whatever order I choose instead of following a path chosen by the developers.)

My sentiments exactly. As soon as Sun's refuge was unlocked, I moved straight into Chapter 5. After finishing the story in Chapter 5, I haven't returned to the Thunderhead Peak once, as I really don't care for the dragonsblood weapons. I'd rather spend my time in WvW, Fractals and map completion, and I'm not penalized one bit for choosing to do so.

Let me add another: accessibility.
    Examples:

• end game gear is crafted, not acquired via RNG
    • Trading Post and Mail can be accessed from wherever the player is at the moment, no need to return to a town.
    • Skins, achievements, titles, etc are account wide, and ascended gear is also tradeable between characters on the same account.

Some people might criticize this as the game being too casual; well, I already have a full time job, my hobby doesn't need to be a 2nd one. GW2 has kina ruined me for other MMOs though, so when I do decide to leave Tyria, if it's not for GW3, I doubt I will land in another MMO.

• Only one? GAH! OK, gorgeous open world to explore. "By Raven, there's no end to Tyria!"

• Fashion wars. Nothing can stop the human female meta.

• Still in love with mounts. Adore my raptor's personality, my griffon's maneuverability, my beetle's reckless speed. Have a blast picking new skins and dyes for each new key farmer's rides, get excited about every new skin release.

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

I love the mounts.

Bonus thing:
    I can play however I like and still get where I want to be.

Smugly chuckling forever.
    My sentence doesn't make sense? Well, I probably forgot to write half of it before posting.

• Jumping puzzles.

• Cerioth.7062Cerioth.7062 Member ✭✭✭

One thing? D:

CHARR.

• Goettel.4389Goettel.4389 Member ✭✭✭✭

Meta events.

• Ayakaru.6583Ayakaru.6583 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 25, 2019

Its non-passive combat.
    Its moving around and dodging and jumping and throwing your attacks.
    It feels like a 3d castlevania.

And the Asura, the most unique race I know from most fantasy games.

To defeat the dragons, see the good in them.
    Zhaitan reunites lost ones, primordus creates fertile land, mordremoth spreads the green, and jormag..
    ..jormag? Who's that?

The Dreamer.

I'd love to have been in the room when someone proposed that as a weapon. It's the most utterly absurd thing I've seen in any game in a long time and I absolutely love it. I finished mine back in 2015 and even now, almost 4 years later it still makes me smile when I see those unicorns flying towards my target.

Your star never fades."

• The vast superiority of Asura, the master race.

• all the environments are so beautiful

• Shaogin.2679Shaogin.2679 Member ✭✭✭

WvW mount. :smile:

Doc Von Doom

• Zexanima.7851Zexanima.7851 Member ✭✭✭

The character build freedom.

D/D core thief cause I hate myself.
    Are You Proud Yet [DAD] is best guild.

• Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭

Combo fields / combo finisher
    The state of these effect is about how i feel about the game as well.

See ELE forms and you will get my views.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.