Balance Update Coming: 2/26/2019 - Page 4 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Balance Update Coming: 2/26/2019

124>

Comments

• Kain Francois.4328Kain Francois.4328 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 25, 2019

I hope Revenant gets some fun toys. Maybe a DPS increase for Herald in PvE, and possibly a buff for Renegade in pvp?

Oh! I'd love to see some traits and skills reworked. A few Renegade traits need some revision, in particular the grandmaster for Citadel Bombardment. And Herald shield could be revised a bit since it's useless outside hand kiting.

Could Renegade Spirits be made to not be CCed, so that a Renegade can enjoy its abilities in PvP and WvW?

Regardless, I look forward to Revenant changes!

• Nimon.7840Nimon.7840 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ario.8964 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Ario.8964 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@incisorr.9502 said:
    It's the moment of truth

will arena net nerf a sub-50% win rate profession (mirage) only due to peer pressure from low elo and bad players and biased propaganda or will arena net nerf actually broken specs that are over-played and dominate due to how overpowered they are?

not gonna lie, i'm very curious myself

I have to ask... What do you play mostly and what are these broken, overpowered specs you're referring too if its not Mirage and Boonbeast?

He's said it a few times before: He is a condi mirage main who believes that condi mirage is the highest skill build in game. He currently believes the most powerful classes in the game are core guard and rev because they can port and do damage.

but
    but but
    but but but
    shouldn't Condi mirage be owning those 2?
    Dying to core guard I can understand, they have a high burst if you facetank the damage but Mirage has mirage cloak and distortion and so on

You know, I would think the same thing but apparently there's this tier above legendary that we don't know about where revs and guards are so good that no condi mirage can stand against them.

Actually, core-burst guard has a good chance to fight mirages, one time the mirage isn't aware of the guard the mirage just dies to the oneshot

• Redponey.8352Redponey.8352 Member ✭✭✭

I would love to know on which gamemode this balance patch is focus because i cant be a "general balance patch" because each gamemode has it own gameplay and mecanics (i mean playing vs pve or raids boss (computer script vs human) isnt the same as playing vs a guild/blob/roam format in WvW (human vs human) and Spvp (human vs human) ). As several number of people has ever told it , it need to be split in 3 sub balance patch to each gamemode. it increase the flexibility in skill balancing management for each gamemode.

• DonArkanio.6419DonArkanio.6419 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Kain Francois.4328 said:
    I hope Revenant gets some fun toys. Maybe a DPS increase for Herald in PvE, and possibly a buff for Renegade in pvp?

Oh! I'd love to see some traits and skills reworked. A few Renegade traits need some revision, in particular the grandmaster for Citadel Bombardment. And Herald shield could be revised a bit since it's useless outside hand kiting.

Could Renegade Spirits be made to not be CCed, so that a Renegade can enjoy its abilities in PvP and WvW?

Regardless, I look forward to Revenant changes!

To be honest, the biggest curse Revenant has in PvP is Shiro. It just provides do much mobility to whatever build that's It's nearly impossible to make a good build without Shiro :c

I recently managed to get Plat with SB/Staff Renegade, but again; I used Kalla and Shiro because there's no other mobility alternative. One guy got Legendary with that build and it's a lot of fun.
    On last Automated Tournaments people played Hybrid Herald that also used Shiro.
    The main PvP build uses Shiro and it barwy changed since 2015.

And I'm not saying that Shiro should be nerfed or deleted. But it clearly shows that Revenants are left with very little options to choose from when it comes to legends in PvP.
    Now, giving Renegade any buffs on PvP is very risky as all off its skills are a pretty big AoE and it can be very hard to Balance around it. My suggestion would be to play with traits, bring up other legends (Mallyx and Jalis) and we're cool.

My perfect version would be for every E-Spec having 3 trait choices that favor 1. Open World/Group WvW, 2. Raids, 3. PvP, so there is no traits that are totally useless, and there are plenty od those.

• whoknocks.4935whoknocks.4935 Member ✭✭✭✭

Warclaw is delayed until 5 March, even the balance patch will be delayed or it will still land tomorrow?

• Ruufio.1496Ruufio.1496 Member ✭✭✭

Balance patch is also delayed again. Hopefully they keep delaying it so that we can all go to CU without hesitation.

• phokus.8934phokus.8934 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ruufio.1496 said:
    Balance patch is also delayed again. Hopefully they keep delaying it so that we can all go to CU without hesitation.

CU is nothing more than a dream. Almost like these balance patches. :(

• Susy.7529Susy.7529 Member ✭✭✭

Title need fix:
    3/5/2019

• kasoki.5180kasoki.5180 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 25, 2019

@Ruufio.1496 said:

Where was it said that balance patch was delayed? Official statement refers to Warclaw only, no?

• Ruufio.1496Ruufio.1496 Member ✭✭✭

@kasoki.5180 said:

@Ruufio.1496 said:

Where was it said that balance patch was delayed? Official statement refers to Warclaw only, no?

They won't do 2 patches in a row like that, it would be too much work. Only have so much time to work when you have so many vacation days, snow days and office closed days.

@Ruufio.1496 said:

@kasoki.5180 said:

@Ruufio.1496 said:

They won't do 2 patches in a row like that, it would be too much work. Only have so much time to work when you have so many vacation days, snow days and office closed days.

I don't know... adding mounts seems the really big work, but the balance of skills and traits they just need to update and release it into our build and it's done, if they already made it during this time...

So i still hope the balance will still land.

@whoknocks.4935 said:

@Ruufio.1496 said:

@kasoki.5180 said:

@Ruufio.1496 said:

I don't know... adding mounts seems the really big work, but the balance of skills and traits they just need to update and release it into our build and it's done, if they already made it during this time...

ANet's offices are closed for 2 days because od the recent events with NCSoft, do I wouldn't expect Balance Patch today. There is an article about it on the Internet.

• Profanity.6829Profanity.6829 Member ✭✭
    edited February 26, 2019

@DonArkanio.6419 said:

@whoknocks.4935 said:

@Ruufio.1496 said:

@kasoki.5180 said:

@Ruufio.1496 said:

ANet's offices are closed for 2 days because od the recent events with NCSoft, do I wouldn't expect Balance Patch today. There is an article about it on the Internet.

I understand things are now uncertain for the ANet's employees... But creating anticipation in the PvP and PvE community by announcing a balance patch, and then not releasing it without even a single notice, would be a great way of instantly invalidating their prior statement:
    "First and foremost, we are still fully committed to all of our players and ongoing support of the game. "

So i hope you're wrong :(

• derd.6413derd.6413 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Profanity.6829 said:

@DonArkanio.6419 said:

@whoknocks.4935 said:

@Ruufio.1496 said:

@kasoki.5180 said:

@Ruufio.1496 said:

I understand things are now uncertain for the ANet's employees... But creating anticipation in the PvP and PvE community by announcing a balance patch, and then not releasing it without even a single notice, would be a great way of instantly invalidating their prior statement:
    "First and foremost, we are still fully committed to all of our players and ongoing support of the game. "

but they did give us notice. and also:
    "oh no, the horror, they delayed a patch by one week, this has never happened before in the history of gw, i guess the devs lied to us about still working on the game. RIP gw2"

I Have No friends, so I Must pug

• Profanity.6829Profanity.6829 Member ✭✭
    edited February 26, 2019

@derd.6413 said:

@Profanity.6829 said:

@DonArkanio.6419 said:

@whoknocks.4935 said:

@Ruufio.1496 said:

@kasoki.5180 said:

@Ruufio.1496 said:

Didn't see that notice about the balance patch. Source?

It's not here :s
    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/69643/an-update-on-the-release-of-the-warclaw#latest
    or here
    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/69249/update-from-arenanet#latest

Oh and update:

@derd.6413 said:
    "oh no, the horror, they delayed a patch by one week, this has never happened before in the history of gw, i guess the devs lied to us about still working on the game. RIP gw2"

It just annoys me when they announce something, state that they are still equally dedicated and then don't release. That said: of course. we can wait a week but we are all just very curious to see if and how they will address glaring PvP issues...

I'm a huge altoholic and for PvP I constantly experiment with new builds. Class/build versatility is what makes this game so great (vs e.g. WoW), exept only a few of these class/build are suited for Gold-T3+ ranked. For PvP, i'm tired and bored of the meta builds. There are so many core builds, elite specs, weapon sets that are completely neglected in this game and are so underperforming so that the 'Meta' player can so easily roll over you. Yes I want to seen what new build possibilities balance changes can bring.
    (but I'm probably expecting to much of a balance pacth ;) )

• derd.6413derd.6413 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Profanity.6829 said:

@derd.6413 said:

@Profanity.6829 said:

@DonArkanio.6419 said:

@whoknocks.4935 said:

@Ruufio.1496 said:

@kasoki.5180 said:

@Ruufio.1496 said:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/69643/an-update-on-the-release-of-the-warclaw#latest
    or here

https://www.mmorpg.com/guild-wars-2/news/arenanets-offices-closed-as-layoffs-begin-ahead-of-restructuring-1000051606

The emotional impact has been so strong that ArenaNet closed its offices today (25/02) and will remain closed tomorrow to give the remaining staff time to process the changes.

given that anet is closed today and they delayed the warclaw till next week it makes the most sense that they'll also release the balance patch next week. (plus it'd be weird if anet released the balance patch today and the warclaw next week)

I Have No friends, so I Must pug

• @derd.6413 said:

@Profanity.6829 said:

@derd.6413 said:

@Profanity.6829 said:

@DonArkanio.6419 said:

@whoknocks.4935 said:

@Ruufio.1496 said:

@kasoki.5180 said:

@Ruufio.1496 said:

or here

https://www.mmorpg.com/guild-wars-2/news/arenanets-offices-closed-as-layoffs-begin-ahead-of-restructuring-1000051606

The emotional impact has been so strong that ArenaNet closed its offices today (25/02) and will remain closed tomorrow to give the remaining staff time to process the changes.

given that anet is closed today and they delayed the warclaw till next week it makes the most sense that they'll also release the balance patch next week. (plus it'd be weird if anet released the balance patch today and the warclaw next week)

You would at least expect an update in this topic or in the announcement section at least...

@DonArkanio.6419 said:

@whoknocks.4935 said:

@Ruufio.1496 said:

@kasoki.5180 said:

@Ruufio.1496 said:

Yeah but they made two separate threads...

One for warclaw and this one in the profession section about the balance patch.
    And they did announces the delay only of warclaw, but not balance patch.

I don't think releasing a build is that hard work if they already made the build itself.

It's the same as making a draw with photoshop and you just need to upload it online so can be downloaded...

But yeah, if they don't we will wait as always.

@whoknocks.4935 said:

@DonArkanio.6419 said:

@whoknocks.4935 said:

@Ruufio.1496 said:

@kasoki.5180 said:

@Ruufio.1496 said:

I don't think releasing a build is that hard work if they already made the build itself.

It's the same as making a draw with photoshop and you just need to upload it online so can be downloaded...

Offices are just closed, how are they supposed to launch the patch? :disappointed:

• Nimon.7840Nimon.7840 Member ✭✭✭✭

@DonArkanio.6419 said:

@whoknocks.4935 said:

@DonArkanio.6419 said:

@whoknocks.4935 said:

@Ruufio.1496 said:

@kasoki.5180 said:

@Ruufio.1496 said:

Offices are just closed, how are they supposed to launch the patch? :disappointed:

It is possible.
    Like: YouTube.
    You can upload videos there but make them public a different time.
    So you can say, I upload this video today, but I want it to be visible for everyone next Saturday at 9am.

But that might require that this system already exists. And even though I hope the balance changes will come today, I don't have my hopes up

• Wahlao.1069Wahlao.1069 Member ✭✭
    edited February 26, 2019

@Profanity.6829 said:
    You would at least expect an update in this topic or in the announcement section at least...

With the community manager Gaile Gray gone in the recent layoffs...we have to wait and see who's gonna engage us from now on....

• Speaking from some experience of the effects on morale of a large layoff right now it is without a doubt major a gut punch to those working at Anet and there will be a point of readjustment but hopefully the ship will right itself again from the great work and dedication of the people that are left. What I hope to see from the community is our support of the efforts , I'm not suggesting blind acceptance bad quality work but I am hoping a tendency to not go for the torches and pitchforks over something trivial, I understand the trolls will be trolls but the job for those of us that are more reasonable and realistic is not to feed the trolls by not supporting their arguments when when they are blatantly unreasonable or utterly misformed.

Yes and I still believe in Santa Claus too but I always go by the standard of expect the worst and hope for the best and sometimes, sometimes I can be pleasantly surprised.

Life before Death
    Strength before Weakness
    Journey before Destination
    stormlightarchive.wikia.com/wiki/Immortal_Words

• I wonder if this'll be the time that Anet remembers that endi spec with the hammer that no one talks about (Scrapper)... nahh probably not.

• @AetherStorm.7819 said:
    I wonder if this'll be the time that Anet remembers that endi spec with the hammer that no one talks about (Scrapper)... nahh probably not.

cries in Berserker

• @Krieger.4712 said:

@AetherStorm.7819 said:
    I wonder if this'll be the time that Anet remembers that endi spec with the hammer that no one talks about (Scrapper)... nahh probably not.

cries in Berserker

Cries in Renegade... :3

• @crazyhusky.2985 said:

@Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 said:
    ‘allo fellow Tyrians,

Just wanted to give you a heads-up that we’ve been preparing a set of balance changes that are slated to go live next Tuesday.

We look forward to playing with you and discussing the changes to skills and traits once they’re available next week!

Sincerely,
    GW2 Systems Team

How about fixing and updating Dragonhunter.
    Can we please get longbow revamp or a fix for Dragonhunter, at least the longbow. With the release of Living Season 4 episode 5 you gave us the legendary longbow but you didn't give us a reason to use the longbow. Longbow on dragonhunter is still terrible.

Awhile back you said that you were doing through ALL of Guardian's weapons to fix and tweaking them, That SHOULD include the longbow, it's a weapon for guardian. You've gone back and tweaked and updated all the other guardian's weapons a part form the longbow it is still untouched, some of the weapon even got new skills on them.

The longbow is not good in any mode right now.

• It's not suitable Raids unlike most other weapons for elite specs
    • WvW/PVP wise it's out classed by the base weapons and doesn't have any use, foes can see a dragonhunter's attacks from a mile away.

The longbow is suppose to be a good but it doesn't offer anything and it's questionable in what you intend with it.
    (LB3) Deflecting shot NEEDING a trait to give it knockback... but Ranger's Longbow doesn't require a trait to knock back foes.
    The trait Heavy light we use for it gives stability...? WHAT! If you're knocking back a foe why do need Stability, you're already a distance from the foes that can CC you.
    and by the time the foe has got to you to the Stability has gone. Dragonhunter needs a way to gain Retaliation within the elite spec. heavy light should be giving Retaliation or fury not Stability.
    (LB4) Symbol of Energy it's slow and it gives vigor... I am sure there is a better boon you could give instead of vigor, it's kinda useless you can't even use it to support an ally, Fury or Regen would be better.
    (LB5) Hunter's Ward is again so slow and takes too long to do, most people dodge it before you can trap them, and when you do 9/10 in pvp/wvw people walk right out of it... despite it supposingly having a ward effect to prevent that. ontop of that it has a long 40-45 second cooldown.

Please just re-vamp and fix the longbow. it's not been updated in years.

Also on separte note about Dragonhunter traps, could make a new virtue (F4) for Dragonhunter only that detonates your traps and gives you a buff like barrier and retaliation or something like Stun a foe.

Because it's rather annoying that bosses who don't move don't trigger the traps even when you place it on them. Stuff like Octovine I can't damage with traps since it doesn't move. In fractals the anomnly is hard to damage with the traps since you can barely get him in the trigger radius but the overall trap range will reach and damage him.

There are objects you need to destory don't trigger the traps. Prime example is In raids in spirit vale when you're running away from the ghost horde, you can't damage the spirit walls with your traps because they're an object. Despite being able to hit them with weapons. The issue is you NEED to damage the walls otherwise you all die, making you a possible liability for your team. If you were able to denoate your own traps then this would not be an issue, since you could place them next to the wall then detonate them.

In WvW, dragonhunter traps don't trigger/detonate on Siege, which is resonable given that they're objects but having to the option to set off dragonhunter traps would help a dragonhunter clear out rival's siege quicker.

These have been a big issue for a while, it limits how you can use the traps at parts during the game limiting the amount of damage you can do, when you should be able to always use them.
    I think to solve the issue, rather than going back trying to make traps trigger/detonate all bosses and objects, instead Give dragonhunter a new virtue (F4) that detonates/triggers the player's traps so then we can trigger/detonate them when we want, if the traps don't go off like they should.

it's been ages since you've done anything with Dragonhunter, it's starting to show for a while now. It's not been properly updated in 2 years, many traits and effects feel out dated or bad and questionable. You've been tweaking everything in base guardian to fit Firebrand and then tweaking Firebrand but Dragonhunter it's self hasn't gotten any love.
    The only tweak i can think of that Dragonhunter specfically has recieved is the slight buff to big game hunter increasing it's damage from 10% to 20% and that was back in october, before that I don't even recall when the last time Dragonhunter was touched, Maybe it was early 2017 before Path of fire and the nerf to guardian's staff.

I'll say as DH main longbow is really good ! It's either u can't play using it or you don't like the style . The unblockable lb3 , trueshot doing lot dmg is really good .the only thing I would suggest is passive movement speed ,lb 3 knockback on weapon skill itself .and main is pulsing boonrip on F1 . It will help us rip stab and destroy professions with high stab uptime .

• Kumouta.4985Kumouta.4985 Member ✭✭✭

this been delayed?

• Nasbit.3240Nasbit.3240 Member ✭✭
    edited February 27, 2019

@Kumouta.4985 said:
    this been delayed?

Give them the time they need to reorganize themself.... It's been hard for anet... Not only colleagues, also good friends are just ... gone.
    Who cares about a patch-delay after this happened?

Good luck to anet handle this situation - our hearts are with you all. Also with the people already gone.
    And a big heart to @Gaile Gray.6029 being a nice community-manager for that long time. I know - we (the community) are not easy all the time.... but we always loved ya!

Looking for some salt.

• @Kumouta.4985 said:
    this been delayed?

But yes - warclaw/balance patch has been delayed by another week, cause of the current situation in the office.

Looking for some salt.

• Did anyone had dream of having warrior skills not so clunky and able to hit target , or or or making spb great again ?

• RedShark.9548RedShark.9548 Member ✭✭✭✭

@kiranslee.4829 said:
    Did anyone had dream of having warrior skills not so clunky and able to hit target , or or or making spb great again ?

no, my dreams died long ago

• Titan.8215Titan.8215 Member ✭✭
    edited March 2, 2019

Excited for tempest buff

• Rettan.9603Rettan.9603 Member ✭✭
    edited March 3, 2019

@kiranslee.4829 said:
    Did anyone had dream of having warrior skills not so clunky and able to hit target , or or or making spb great again ?

Before each balance patch.... and then it is patch day and i wake up.

• Ryou.2398Ryou.2398 Member ✭✭
    edited March 5, 2019

@Nasbit.3240 said:

@Kumouta.4985 said:
    this been delayed?

Give them the time they need to reorganize themself.... It's been hard for anet... Not only colleagues, also good friends are just ... gone.
    Who cares about a patch-delay after this happened?

Good luck to anet handle this situation - our hearts are with you all. Also with the people already gone.
    And a big heart to @Gaile Gray.6029 being a nice community-manager for that long time. I know - we (the community) are not easy all the time.... but we always loved ya!

@Nasbit.3240 said:

@Kumouta.4985 said:
    this been delayed?

But yes - warclaw/balance patch has been delayed by another week, cause of the current situation in the office.

Nevermind.

If you want to find the secrets of the universe think in terms of energy frequency and vibration Nikola Tesla.

• Jugglemonkey.8741Jugglemonkey.8741 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Jimbru.6014 said:
    I just hope that they remember only a minority of players do PVP and WvW, whereas EVERYBODY has to PVE. In other words, stop letting the PVP whiners ruin the rest of the game with their ideas of "balance", and stop making the rest of us have to reinvent our characters in PVE patch after patch.

Everybody absolutely does not have to PvE. I buy gems specifically for this reason, I'd rather spend 3-4h at the day job I have to do anyway and buy gems for way more gold than I'd get in 3-4h mindlessly grinding a PvE map. I also won't be the only WvW player that does this.

Considering I likely contribute more money to ANet than the vast majority of PvE players, why should my opinion be of less weight than theirs?

Critical Kit, Deadeye.
    “If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.” - John Steinbeck

• phokus.8934phokus.8934 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Irenio CalmonHuang.2048
    A good balance patch except for the overtuned Scrapper gyro changes but I believe you know this already. Hopefully minor tweaks to it soon!

Any chance on looking at weapon sigils? More specifically, sigil of cleansing - it’d help a lot to increase the conditions cleansed from 1 to 2.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.