Update From the Guild Wars 2 Team

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The layoffs have me bummed super hard. I feel sorry for all the people who this has effected.Do you think the major updates for living world, fractals, raids, etc could happen 3 times per year? Rushed maps, a lack of CM, and sitting on hands makes for a game that fails to reach its potential. Giving the devs more time and perhaps hiring new ones to craft beautiful work would do gw2 a world of good.

Thank you for the update. I was so very sorry to see the mass layoffs, especially in the current economic climate. I hope those that left will find good work very quickly. There were a few surprises with the leavers, especially with the veterans...I wouldn't have thought NCSoft would want to part with so much collective experience. My initial reaction was concern as to what the impact of those departures - voluntary or not - would have on the future of the game. Your post is reassuring and I do appreciate you taking the time to address the community here in the forums.

@Randulf.7614 said:

We’re welcoming back some familiar faces to the Guild Wars 2 team that had been working on unannounced projects.

Who does Mike Z mean?/Who do you mean?*

He almost certainly means colleagues not working on GW2 are back with their old teams working on the game again. So familiar within the team.

Oh, Alright. Makes sense.

I've been playing about a year and not particularly active on the forums - but I feel for your team and hope you do well going forward. I know many people who are silent on these matters as their way of respecting the struggle, but I wanted to be a voice from the less social players to say that your game is an amazing experience and I look forward to whatever future you share with us when you recover from the shake up.

Thanks for the update, wishing the best of luck and fast recovery to the team as well as best wishes to ever one leaving.

Here is hoping that soon we as a player base can be dazzled and entertained by more wonderful ideas from a passionate developer group which has brought stories and joy to millions over many years so far.

Thanks for the update Mister Z!

Sending love and good vibes to all of the ArenaNet family, past and current.This past week has been a blow to you all and we fully understand that proverbial dust needs settling.I would also like to say that I deeply respect the way you all have handled the communication to the community and the transparancy in that.

Y'all get back up on your feet, we'll make sure Tyria stays safe in the mean time.

Love,Iryndiil

Are we going to hear at any point about these unannounced projects, whether they have been cancelled and such?

Its reassuring to hear that you guys got our back on gw2 but a number of us is scared for the future of the studio and gw2 becomes less and less relevant over time.

No pressure ofc and i want to thank you for the update nonetheless.