Victory or Death bugged

Basically new to the game. Am recently lvl 80 and trying to finish story quests. The final level 80 quest victory or death cannot be completed. I did not have any issue with the giants, did not have any issue killing the first three dragons, and did nit have any issue with the cut scenes. However, after killing the first three dragons and after the abandon ship cutscene, the game starts with me standing on the deck of the new airship. The quest tracker reads “Hold out as the glory of Tyria tracks Zhaitan”. Except nothing happens. I can stand on the deck forever, I can run around and talk to people, I can port to the waypoint, I can even jump off the ship to die and respawn, but the scene never changes. Whatever is supposed to happen next, I assume a confrontation with Zhaitan, doesnt happen. I have now run the entire quest three times on two different days for the exact same result. So other than a huge waste of my time, what is the point? Put in a ticket but so far no response.

I just tried it again. Still waiting on the ship and nothing is happening. I emailed support and they were so unhelpful. They sent me a walkthrough of the story... I don't even need that lol I just want the bug fixed. They did also tell me I would have to wait until technical support looks at the forum for the bug to be fixed...

• 2 weeks later...

As have I, unfortunately, I'm unclear as to how long this bug will take to fix but it starting to become extremely annoying. I don't know why, but I think it has something to do with the Logan Thackery NPC. What was odd about it is just before the "Hold out as the glory of Tyria tracks Zhaitan” and the previous step where you have to clear out the towers for the ground team, the Logan NPC is still present despite him "sacrificing himself" when we needed to get the power cores. Perhaps that might be issue alongside the NPC's not triggering to help in fending off the various assaults from Zhaitan and only come when the enemy AI is close by.

It most likely was introduced with the last living story chapter and Logan's reappearance on it?

The section where you guys mention the story stalls is just the ship moving around the map until a cutscene triggers, which leads the way to the final battle. I remember from the last time I did it, that the waiting around was atrocious, felt like a minute of doing nothing.

I am really hoping ANet will eventually improve this instance to be less anticlimatic and give the actual oomph the story's climax deserves. :( perhaps this terrible bug will get them working on it already.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Rome.6859 said:Is this ever planning on getting fixed? Just tried after 2 months to see i was able to get past it but still no luck. It’s been almost a month now since any reply and it’s getting frustrating.

Have you tried doing it with a party member and not being the person in charge of the story? That seems to unbug most story instances for me when I'm stuck.

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:Here's what I learned: A bug is in the reporting/investigation/tracking system that points out that the Victory or Death instance can stall just before Zhaitan arrives and attacks the players' airship.

I'm still having this problem (also on a Mac) and there doesn't seem to be any update to this yet? For those of us stuck playing solo, this is really frustrating.

HOW I MANAGED TO PASS THIS BUG: After getting stuck 5 times (on a Mac), I left the story and initiated the Heart of Thorns campaing. After a 2 or 3 days I decided to re-active the story. This time I tried on a PC and it worked normally. Logan was not following me and Zhaitan showed up just after the ship stop in the last part.

• 2 weeks later...