Update From the Guild Wars 2 Team

@zealex.9410 said:

@zealex.9410 said:Are we going to hear at any point about these unannounced projects, whether they have been cancelled and such?

Its reassuring to hear that you guys got our back on gw2 but a number of us is scared for the future of the studio and gw2 becomes less and less relevant over time.

No pressure ofc and i want to thank you for the update nonetheless.

they have signed Non disclosure agreements , see a devs post quoted here

Yeah ik ppl outside the company has signed nda. I was asking more about the studio itself telling us more, down the line.

People in the company will also have NDA.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Arden.7480" said:We’re welcoming back some familiar faces to the Guild Wars 2 team that had been working on unannounced projects.

Who does Mike Z mean?/Who do you mean?*

Some of those GW faces that have been seconded to other projects of course.. don't hold your breath for Colin coming back though.. though with the HS rail project cancelled in US maybe CJ needs to find something else to drive … now there's a thought ):

Dang couldn't find that piccy of CJ before he left, .. anyone :)

Thanks for the Update "Z" and all the best to the whole Team

Heres the last part of the statement provided when Carbine Studios had a big lay off:

"As for WildStar, we remain committed to the game. Over the next few weeks and months we will deliver a significant update to the game, kick off a variety of community events, and continue our work on new content that we will talk more about in the near future."

Sound familiar?

@Otto.9352 said:The layoffs have me bummed super hard. I feel sorry for all the people who this has effected.Do you think the major updates for living world, fractals, raids, etc could happen 3 times per year? Rushed maps, a lack of CM, and sitting on hands makes for a game that fails to reach its potential. Giving the devs more time and perhaps hiring new ones to craft beautiful work would do gw2 a world of good.

Errm you think putting out ideas that hiring new staff just a day after layoffs is going to inspire those tasked with carrying the product forward.. show a little respect at least, that dust hasn't even settled yet .Yeah sure some communication that puts some flesh on the proverbial roadmap for the game would bee a much needed gimme and I am sure when the time is right that will happen in some way shape or form, but picking faults and making out they sit on their hands.. seriously are you for real!.I can tell you now, if you made that kind of statement as one of my customers, you would be an ex customer before I could finish reading your sentence tbh.

You silly buggers Arena Net. I know as a gaming community we do give you a lot of stick for some of the stuff you do, or the way you do it. BUT unlike the likes of say EA you have never gone out of your way to rip us off, made a few bad choices sure but NEVER rip us off. you should have told us you guys are in trouble, enough trouble to need to do lay offs. you have NO idea how much your fan base truly loves you, do not be scared to tell us the whole truth and what WE as fans can do to help you. yes we give you stick sometimes but that is because we expect so much of you that we just keep wanting you to do better, hell there are times when I've seen fans angry at you or disappointed but, we still love you, being disappointed in you is not the same as being betrayed, never once has you guys done that, and that is why your fan base still love you and are always if we can willing to help. so be straight up with us tell us way you need to do things like lay offs so we don't end up finding out in 2nd or 3rd hand redit posts. Be the first to tell us and be the first to reach out to us if you need help. the MMO world would not be the same with out arena net, you guys are the only ones doing QUALITY MMOS. you may not always be prefect (no one is) but you are the most loved!

@"trixantea.1230" said:Heres the last part of the statement provided when Carbine Studios had a big lay off:

"As for WildStar, we remain committed to the game. Over the next few weeks and months we will deliver a significant update to the game, kick off a variety of community events, and continue our work on new content that we will talk more about in the near future."

Sound familiar?

I think we all understand that they wouldn't come out and say anything else, although ironically they still needed to give this statement since nothing would be worse. There are plenty of companies have issued the same statement and have continued onwards successfully, so I think it best to take them at what they say, albeit not without a sense of wariness.

Wildstar was also doomed from the start. GW2 has never come close to being in those kind of problems.

@"trixantea.1230" said:Heres the last part of the statement provided when Carbine Studios had a big lay off:

Sound familiar?

While we can hope this will shake out differently, we'd be remiss not to keep an eye on the pattern set by the parent company here. So yeah, right there with ya, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Thank you for communicating with us on this. This is very worrying for the people that lost their jobs, and for the future of the game. I hope they can find a place, and i hope GW2 can go forward.

But i do have a question, what happen to all the stickies at the top of the forums? I went there to get information.

"Rest assured that ArenaNet is not done with Guild Wars. And the team is not done with our tale of dragons, or our eternal conflict in the mists. There’s still lots for us to do together.

We’ll see you in Tyria,z & the Guild Wars 2 Team"

It's sad so many great Devs had to leave, and I can fully understand that it takes time to readjust and move on from an event like this. So I personally won't mind the delays that might be caused by it. I'm also glad to read that Arenanet and the team aren't done with Guild Wars...But I have to admit even though I'm happy with this update, somewhere in the back of my mind I do wonder: "Arenanet might not be done with Guild Wars, but is NCsoft feeling the same way? Are they both still on the same page when it comes to the future of the game?" I know that the answer on this might never come and that only time will tell, and I certainly aren't asking for an answer right now.I just hope the game will survive and improve, because Guild Wars (1) was the first MMO I fell in love with, only to become a second love once Guild Wars 2 came out. And over the years I've tried out other MMO's on the side but I always kept spending most of my time in Guild Wars 2.

So all I can say is:Make a large group circle, hold eachothers hands and yell "Hit us! And We'll hit back, because we can out run a centaur!"

No all joking asside, focus on the things that now need to be done first, then stick your heads together and come back stronger than ever before, with more stories, new content and hopefully with some more desired answers on the questions about the future.