Oi - More Content — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Oi - More Content

Floz.8904Floz.8904 Member ✭✭

Give WvW more content. Map (despite what haters say Desert BL is dope), structures, siege or events that occur for your factions to fight over.

We spend more money than most other players in the game. Give us something to show for it.

Cheers.

Comments

• Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

At this point all we can do is wait for alliances.

Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

• Mechanix.9315Mechanix.9315 Member ✭✭✭

lol more content

• Floz.8904Floz.8904 Member ✭✭

@Justine.6351 said:
    At this point all we can do is wait for alliances.

We'll have people on Mars before then.

• Vayne.8563Vayne.8563 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Floz.8904 said:

G
    We spend more money than most other players in the game. Give us something to show for it.

Cheers.

How do you know this? By what logic did you arrive at this conclusion. My best guess is that this isn't even close to true, but I never made a definitive statement. I'm guessing role players can probably give you a run for your money though.

• LetoII.3782LetoII.3782 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 6, 2019

@Vayne.8563 said:

@Floz.8904 said:

G

Cheers.

How do you know this? By what logic did you arrive at this conclusion. My best guess is that this isn't even close to true, but I never made a definitive statement.

By doing some pve and seeing most of them in freebie outfits.

I'm guessing role players can probably give you a run for your money though.

Was there an rp section in the gemstore I missed? Standing in a pub typing out fanfiction isn't charged... Should be, isnt

[HUNT] the predatory instinct

@LetoII.3782 said:

@Vayne.8563 said:

@Floz.8904 said:

G

Cheers.

How do you know this? By what logic did you arrive at this conclusion. My best guess is that this isn't even close to true, but I never made a definitive statement.

Was there an rp section in the gemstore I missed? Standing in a pub typing out fanfiction isn't charged... Should be, isnt

Well, the RPers I knew bought every outfit they could, because they're skin crazy. They might have dozens of characters, all that need their own wardrobe. However, they're less likely to farm fractals and dungeons and more likely to spend cash. Just a thought.

@Vayne.8563 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:

@Vayne.8563 said:

@Floz.8904 said:

G

Cheers.

. They might have dozens of characters, all that need their own wardrobe.

That's not how gemstore skins work.

• GDchiaScrub.3241GDchiaScrub.3241 Member ✭✭✭✭

@LetoII.3782 said:

@Vayne.8563 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:

@Vayne.8563 said:

@Floz.8904 said:

G

Cheers.

Yeh bebe. They have to have an ele charr male/female. Ele asura male/female. Ele human male/female. Ele Norn male/female. Ele Plant male/female. Also dedicated ERP ele characters. Then cosmetics for each one because reasons.

D:

Holy Warriors of [Kazo] following Kazo doctrine guided by, Our Lord and Commander, Zudo in the holy Trinity of Him and his two firm glutes.

@LetoII.3782 said:

@Vayne.8563 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:

@Vayne.8563 said:

@Floz.8904 said:

G

Cheers.

Sure it is. You're just not an RPer, so you don't realize. They buy not just weapon skins, but also MOUNT skins, which a WVW has little need for. I'm pretty sure mount sales make up a significant portion of gem store sales at this point.

More on topic, I wouldn't mind seeing a third WvW map, so that there aren't two duplicates. I think that would be a good thing. But I'd rather see the update where my guild can call WvW together first.

@GDchiaScrub.3241 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:

@Vayne.8563 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:

@Vayne.8563 said:

@Floz.8904 said:

G

Cheers.

Yeh bebe. They have to have an ele charr male/female. Ele asura male/female. Ele human male/female. Ele Norn male/female. Ele Plant male/female. Also dedicated ERP ele characters. Then cosmetics for each one because reasons.

D:

It's not even just that. I mean you need winter outfits for one you go into cold zones, warmer outfits for hotter zones, formal outfits for parties, etc.

edited February 6, 2019

@Vayne.8563 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:

@Vayne.8563 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:

@Vayne.8563 said:

@Floz.8904 said:

G

Cheers.

Sure it is. You're just not an RPer, so you don't realize. They buy not just weapon skins, but also MOUNT skins, which a WVW has little need for. I'm pretty sure mount sales make up a significant portion of gem store sales at this point.

You're aware of significant overlap between game modes, yes?
    Fashion warz isn't just an rp thing, it's a gw2 thing.

I mean, we're talking in the WvW section...

• Jeknar.6184Jeknar.6184 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Jura.2170 said:

@Floz.8904 said:
    despite what haters say Desert BL is dope

I wanna see Tangled Depths made into a wvw map :heart:

How about no?

Ferguson's Crossing Mithril Squire (Rank 5001) - PvP Phoenix (Rank 72) - 30k Achievement Points
    Exalted Kawagima, Calamis Fatima, Hanna Flintlocke, Suzuhara Suzuka, Sally Furious Ant, Sabetha Deadeye, Bjarl of Souls, Lilian Mistwalker, Kelvena Riverstream, Zallha Wildhunt

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Jeknar.6184 said:

@Jura.2170 said:

@Floz.8904 said:

How about no?

I second your response...

The outrage over desert BL would pale in comparison to this...

Thank You for the {MEME}

• Samug.6512Samug.6512 Member ✭✭✭
    1. Absolutely and wholeheartedly agree with what OP said.
    2. Luckily-unluckily for us, WvW players create their own content just by playing the game mode, so while it's not that bad, we'd gladly get some more means to create this content.
    3. It's extremaly weird how small attention to WvW ArenaNet presents since I've got a good feeling that we are actually players who spend in game the most time.

[NUKE]

• XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 6, 2019

Even the pve players didn't want tangled depths when it came out, it would be sticking the fork into wvw if they made it a wvw map.
    Auric basin is a map I could get behind though, it's got chokes, verticals, places to hide and ambush, portals, and a central area to fight over in a nice layout.

Another derailing post ^ - Anet
    "Is there pvp stuff for this?" - "Absolutely, eh we actually have a new armor set coming soon." - "Woo!"
    "From the back of the room!, the one pvp fan! we got him! WaH!"
    || Stealth is a Terribad Mechanic ||

• gebrechen.5643gebrechen.5643 Member ✭✭✭

Kittening YES! Tangled Depths for WvW.

Disciples of the monkey god [Apes]

• Jaruselka.5943Jaruselka.5943 Member ✭✭✭

I want a Tron-like flat grid for 150v150v150 zerg battles...KDR only

• Bort.8647Bort.8647 Member ✭✭✭

I agree in thinking that more maps would be good for wvw, however im pretty sure they stated its very unlikely we will ever get more. Just because the desert map wasn't received very well, doesn't mean that the original alpine and ebg maps are good, I would argue that they are actually pretty dated and boring. Ive always thought wvw would be so much more interesting with variety in map design, such as having an urban city style map with alleyways and buildings you can enter, or an entirely indoor/underground map.

In a way, the map partially defines the meta, and i think some variety away from the open field necro/rev range meta would be good for the game. This game already has several mechanics like mes portal that can be really creatively used, but rarely are because of the map layout.

• hunkamania.7561hunkamania.7561 Member ✭✭✭✭

New map? How did the last map go? It's not very good and really isn't new content for wvw when it's essentially the same game regardless of maps.

Ferguson's Crossing Server Leader

WVW LEADER

VR

• Timelord.8190Timelord.8190 Member ✭✭✭

They ruined WvW with the content that came with HoT so i don't hope for new content.

My YT- channel: Toxilo

• Ben K.6238Ben K.6238 Member ✭✭✭✭

I've been hoping for some different WvW content for a while now, but I don't think ANet will take the risk on it.

Regarding the gemstore, I have to say mount skins are most of my recent purchases, which aren't usable in WvW anyway. I don't mind outfits as an idea, but there are seldom any outfits I like, so I seldom purchase any.

I do miss open world pvp. Flawed concept it might be, doomed to live a short life at the launch of new mmo's. It's still fun to have so much area, lurking and stalking...

Randomly tossing an overworld map into green or blue spots might be cheap fun

@Ben K.6238 said:

Regarding the gemstore, I have to say mount skins are most of my recent purchases, which aren't usable in WvW anyway. I don't mind outfits as an idea, but there are seldom any outfits I like, so I seldom purchase any.

I do want the jackalope skin but I'll be damned if I'll buy a chance to get one when there isn't a chance I'll want anything else. The gemstore artists have gotten super foo-foo over the course of the game, nothing recent looks like it might be actual armor or weapons. It's great that the girly types get a big wardrobe, but every new outfit is just as absurd as the last... Hated on as we might be in popular culture, macho types like to look good too and are also (potentially) paying customers.

• BadMed.3846BadMed.3846 Member ✭✭✭✭

We could use Jormag as SMC lord. There you go, more content for your PvE itch.

• Optimator.3589Optimator.3589 Member ✭✭✭✭

@LetoII.3782 said:
    I do miss open world pvp. Flawed concept it might be, doomed to live a short life at the launch of new mmo's. It's still fun to have so much area, lurking and stalking...

First few months of WoW Classic are gonna be lit. Been a long time since I've done a Crossroads raid. :D

REDUCE NA TO 3 TIERS

• crepuscular.9047crepuscular.9047 Member ✭✭✭✭

more content? WvW is a sandbox, contents are generated by players
    the more players there are the more contents that are there

the only issue is the balancing of the server population, after all these years it's still pretty bad
    on some weeks you have some server links where there are so many wvw players there are queues across all maps, while other servers barely have a squad or two

Outnumbered buff is pretty pointless unless you are a roamer, with zerg vs zerg fight you are still getting crushed easily

they could do a pre-signup system, to balance around the population, but that would take away of players' freedom of playing WvW whenever they feel like to

[RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]     [TTS] [KA] [SI]     [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]
    Praise the Inevitable Eternal Transcendent King Palawa Ignacious Joko, the Beloved and Feared Undying Eternal Monarch of All !!!
    ... til Aurene ate him for dessert 😭

@Optimator.3589 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:

First few months of WoW Classic are gonna be lit. Been a long time since I've done a Crossroads raid. :D

Living in the past is a dangerous road for old timers to trod, but it did used to make me sad to see vanilla maps empty like they've been.. And what the game turned into <,<

• googel.3278googel.3278 Member ✭✭✭

guild wars 2 content nowadays = skins

• Annnnd we got a Warclaw....

So now they're putting Mount skin revenue into WvW and destroying the game mode. This is not what we wanted. We've sunk money in for server transfers and guild upgrades and now they destroy the fundamentals of the game mode.

Looking at you NCSoft.

• @Optimator.3589 said:

How great this will be. With completely stupid designed classes, a 17 year old boring combat system and a guard spawn that never stops fueled by some "experiences from your first (or second big) mmorpg". What can go wrong, right?

Disciples of the monkey god [Apes]

• Optimator.3589Optimator.3589 Member ✭✭✭✭

@gebrechen.5643 said:

@Optimator.3589 said:

How great this will be. With completely stupid designed classes, a 17 year old boring combat system and a guard spawn that never stops fueled by some "experiences from your first (or second big) mmorpg". What can go wrong, right?

Oh, the game is utter trash. But there is going to be a metric kittenton of world PvP going on for a while, and it'll be a diversion from the current stagnation in this game.

REDUCE NA TO 3 TIERS

• Kaiser.9873Kaiser.9873 Member ✭✭✭

@Vayne.8563 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:

@Vayne.8563 said:

@Floz.8904 said:

G

Cheers.

Well, the RPers I knew bought every outfit they could, because they're skin crazy. They might have dozens of characters, all that need their own wardrobe. However, they're less likely to farm fractals and dungeons and more likely to spend cash. Just a thought.

WvWers are more likely to spend real money for gems than most PvE players in my experience. First, we don't farm the meta events as much to afford to buy gems with gold, and 2nd, we aren't as patient farming scripted encounters as most PvE players. I've bought far far fewer gems with gold than I have with RMTs.

• So about this TD map for WvW, do we still have to kill the Chak Gerent and do I still get a chance at the infusion that might drop from killing said Chak Gerents?

• Blodeuyn.2751Blodeuyn.2751 Member ✭✭✭

These generalizations...

I'd like to see existing issues fixed first. Not sure there are even devs available to work on that, let alone new content.

Blodeuyn Tylwyth
    Quaggan OP [QOP], League of Extraordinary Siegers [LEXS]

• L A T I O N.8923L A T I O N.8923 Member ✭✭✭

@Jura.2170 said:

@Floz.8904 said:

Id hide in sneaky chokes all day and pull people to falling deaths

• BadMed.3846BadMed.3846 Member ✭✭✭✭

Why do we need content for WvW? Go do PvE man. All we need is a mode that can be enjoyed over and over every week.

• L A T I O N.8923L A T I O N.8923 Member ✭✭✭

@BadMed.3846 said:
    Why do we need content for WvW? Go do PvE man. All we need is a mode that can be enjoyed over and over every week.

Balance and build variety
    That's all we want

• Cristalyan.5728Cristalyan.5728 Member ✭✭✭

@L A T I O N.8923 said:

@BadMed.3846 said:

Balance and build variety
    That's all we want

You can ask what you want. It seems BadMed is closer to the reality - you will get a MOUNT =) No need to go to the PvE. You can have the PvE into WvW =) Imagine a squad using the dismount skill against the Overgrowth Grub !

• Straegen.2938Straegen.2938 Member ✭✭✭

@Floz.8904 said:
    Give WvW more content. Map (despite what haters say Desert BL is dope), structures, siege or events that occur for your factions to fight over.

Cheers.

Core WvW players are less than 1% of the games population. That is the reason WvW gets very little love. Just to keep WvW bug patches, minor features and operations going it probably cost upwards of 7 figures annually. I doubt WvW breaks even in its current state.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.