[Suggestion] Mini-Expansion to bring in some GW2 revenue

I've read some other people's posts about bringing in money to ANet to support GW2. I had an idea. A mini-expansion that doesn't add story content but rather brings in requested Quality of Life changes and other luxury items in as a single purchase.

Here are some suggestions:

• Old Lion's Arch as a mists lounge.

• A player housing map that can be upgraded both with home instance upgrades and guild style upgrades. I'd like to see the map be the size of a Living World map, have wild areas as a private preserve that can be farmed once a day, be on the water with some verticality w/updrafts. I think either an old dwarven structure or abandoned Inquest base would be a good basis for the style.

• Year round access to the map that the Festival of the Four Winds is on. It could be expanded east and west to allow access to Mount Maelstrom and the Desert Highlands. During off-festival time it could just be a normal map with Zephyrites living on it with occasional events.

• A player library; both as presence in the housing map and as a GUI.

• Build and armor template system.

• Access to Claw Island as an expanded map to include nearby islands w/basic events.

• Expanded Eye of the North map if not planned for a living world episode.

• Horse mount for those who have requested it (not me).

• Capes. (yes, I want this one) Outside of that I'd like to see an added functions as a general patch to hide stowed weapons to avoid clipping.

• Access to all armor skins no matter the profession class giving the ability to cross match skins from different armor weights. This would be a huge draw for the mini-exp because of the fashion it would allow.

• Hair styles storage for old hair styles. They would still require a kit but once you create a new style to a list so you can switch back and forth.

Feel free to add suggestions to this idea.

@"ShiningSquirrel.3751" said:This sounds more like a flimsy veiled attempt to get many of the things that have been asked for before and shot down by the community. The only thing you are missing there is fishing, LOL!

There is nothing flimsy or veiled about this suggestion. This is a blatant suggestion to give us items the community has been asking for in exchange for ANet making some much needed funds to support the game. Only a vocal few have "shot them down" but a large part of the community has been asking for them over and over and over.

Yes, fishing would be a good addition too.

@Downfall.4613 said:You want us to pay for quality of life? Are you kidding?

So $20 USD for a mount skin is ok but something like $30 USD for good QoL items isn't?

@"Tekoneiric.6817" said:There is nothing flimsy or veiled about this suggestion. This is a blatant suggestion to give us items the community has been asking for in exchange for ANet making some much needed funds to support the game. Only a vocal few have "shot them down" but a large part of the community has been asking for them over and over and over.

I think what you really mean is:

"Only a vocal few have "been asking for them over and over and over" but a large part of the community "has shot them down".

@ShiningSquirrel.3751 said:

@"Tekoneiric.6817" said:There is nothing flimsy or veiled about this suggestion. This is a blatant suggestion to give us items the community has been asking for in exchange for ANet making some much needed funds to support the game. Only a vocal few have "shot them down" but a large part of the community has been asking for them over and over and over.

"Only a vocal few have "been asking for them over and over and over" but a large part of the community "has shot them down".

So basically you think we should withhold any helpful suggestions that might allow ANet to make money to support the game so the game can die as slow agonizing death.

@Tekoneiric.6817 said:

@Tekoneiric.6817 said:There is nothing flimsy or veiled about this suggestion. This is a blatant suggestion to give us items the community has been asking for in exchange for ANet making some much needed funds to support the game. Only a vocal few have "shot them down" but a large part of the community has been asking for them over and over and over.

So basically you think we should withhold any helpful suggestions that might allow ANet to make money to support the game so the game can die as slow agonizing death.

2 things:

no, it's just that your suggestion is just bad

gw2 isn't dying because anet doesn't make enough money

@ShiningSquirrel.3751 said:

Funny how it was a small part of the community that wanted mounts and they kept getting shot down by "the community" but ANet who controls the game added mounts. To be honest I didn't care for the idea of mounts but I enjoy them as much as the people who kept asking for them. We can put suggestions out there. It's not really up to the community to like or dislike the suggestions but rather for ANet to decide if they have worth and will add value to their product.

A QoL package that gives something for everyone would be a good morale boost for the players and bring in some money to support the game.

You just made a list of random QOL ideas and suggested players pay for it. I disagree, these should be in the base game. The base game should be complete, and each expansion should add another complete story. This is the case right now and it should remain like that.

• 3 years later...