Season 2 WvW GvG NA Tournament — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Season 2 WvW GvG NA Tournament

Sir Bully Foot.9078Sir Bully Foot.9078 Member ✭✭✭
edited March 4, 2019 in WvW

We [Hate] Everything will be sponsoring this seasons WvW GvG NA Tournament. The Tournament will begin on the week of 02/24/2019. This year we are changing it up a bit, It will be 15 vs 15 double elimination style tournament. This year we will be hosting 16 Guilds, each Guild will have the opportunity to fight a minimum 2 GVG's. Buy in for each Guild will be 200g per guild entry, this is non refundable. Funds pot will be split between 1st 70%, 2nd 20%, and 3rd 10%. First Round matchups will be automated and will be posted a week before the tournament begins. Here is a sneak peak of some of the rule changes for this year:
Rules as Follows:

• Participating Guilds need to record their GvG's for any issues during matchup disputes.
  • Anyone who gets caught cheating, that Guild will be automatically disqualified and barred from future Tournaments
  • Each GvG will be best of 7 consecutive rounds, there is no time limit. Semi-Finals and Finals will be best of 9.
  • There will be a max time limit of 3 minutes in between rounds.
  • Round is complete when driver calls "gg" or everyone has been defeated. No re-rez after full down.
  • You can only play in 1 guild during the entire duration of the tournament (if you get caught in another guild, you will be disqualified and guild may be subject to disqualification)
  • Any interference from outside sources, to include pre-buffing will deem that round voided, and that round will then start over
  • Each Guild will have a contact next to their name on the bracket, so when matchup posts you will know who to contact for the setup of the match
  • Each Participating Guild will require to whisper me end score and winner of GVG, "will be required"
    • Guilds will have 15 min from the day of matchup to arrive, if not you forfeit from the time of matchup or if both do a no call no show both will be disqualified from the Tournament.
  • In the event of absentees, a Guild may choose to participate or forfeit with the current available roster
    If Guild Leaders choose Guild Hall to fight , NO MOUNTS
    Pre-Buffing is not allowed prior to start time nor is stacking sigils, stacks must be cleared after rounds complete
    **Refrain from "pin sniping" or "moaing" driver, that makes for a very bad match, admins discretion on penalties
  • All guilds must submit a guild roster before tournament start, once the tournament officially starts, all submitted rosters are permanent and cannot be edited. A player may be added to your roster after tournament start, as long as they are not already on any submitted rosters

IF YOU MISSED LAST YEARS TOURNAMENT CHECK OUT THE RECAP LINK BELOW

AND RETURNING TO STREAM IS ROY AND GREGOR. FOR ADMINS I HAVE BOOCH RETURNING BACK ALONG SIDE ROY!!!

AND AGAIN THIS YEAR, MIKE Z. WILL MAKE HIS APPEARANCE AGAIN TO SAY HI! And I am working on a special surprise before we kick off the GvG Tournament, stay tuned for updates!!!

King Bullyfoot

<1

Comments

• Here is the link to all our previous matches from last year!!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCv4xWuOAgxJxe-yx4xSCQVA

King Bullyfoot

• EremiteAngel.9765EremiteAngel.9765 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Sir Bully Foot.9078 said:
    Here is the link to all our previous matches from last year!!

Great opening but who is TAG? Not heard of them but they won the finals last year? Are they under a different name now?
    TBT should have won tbh.

• @EremiteAngel.9765 said:

Great opening but who is TAG? Not heard of them but they won the finals last year? Are they under a different name now?
    TBT should have won tbh.

Tag has been around a while, they have changed Guild names many times

King Bullyfoot

• Can Roy unban me from his twitch chat? I won't call his waifu trash anymore

• GrackFields.7805GrackFields.7805 Member ✭✭
    edited February 8, 2019

Does no prebuffing mean absolutely no prebuffing. Like guardians cannot drop symbols for swiftness before the timer, rev's cannot have facets active, etc. In normal GvG's everyone is prebuffing with these. If this is the case I think you should clarify right now what the penalty is for prebuffing. Like if someone is caught prebuffing and wins the round their opponent can request that round does not count if they lose. I would say there should also be a 2-3 second window where prebuffing would not be a redo unless it is done consistently every round because then you will end up in a situation where people are just looking for redo's when they lose.

I would prefer no stealth before the agreed start time and no forward movement instead of no prebuffing.

• Straegen.2938Straegen.2938 Member ✭✭✭

Pin snipping can be harsh but it is a valid tactic. Does multiple pulls count as pin snipping?

• Looking forward to seeing the matchups, hopefully less one sided games than last year. Good luck to everyone!

• good luck and have fun to all the guilds participating

will be rooting for whoever has the most anime character names
    pog
    player driven content!
    big poggers

• Nice, now please transfer again.

• Are you looking for sideline umpires? if so, i'm down.

Xterra/Marqeese[Ark]

• ArchonWing.9480ArchonWing.9480 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 8, 2019

NO MOUNTS

Ah, dreams crushed.

GL All. I might toss some gold into the price pot if I'm in a good mood and everyone remains PMA. cough

• RisenHowl.2419RisenHowl.2419 Member ✭✭✭✭

Is there going to be a testing phase before signups to weed out guilds that can't compete? I'd Hate watching a guild get destroyed in <1m four fights in a row again =/

• @RisenHowl.2419 said:
    Is there going to be a testing phase before signups to weed out guilds that can't compete? I'd Hate watching a guild get destroyed in <1m four fights in a row again =/

Were you planning on entering Kryta for the tournament this year?

King Bullyfoot

TBT should have won tbh.

ain't no way that was happening hombre

[KEK]

• Nice to see a tournament.
    Nice to see NA scraping together 16 teams.
    Very nice to see a double-elimination format, I think it will fit the mode/idea well.
    Up you go, thread.

• We made it 16 because it was double eliminations and not 26. That would taken almost 2 months to complete if we did 26, and I dont have that much time off

King Bullyfoot

• KeyOrion.9506KeyOrion.9506 Member ✭✭✭

(rolls eyes) I think we all know this is an Alliance Audition. And to call it a tournament for fun sakes would be a lie. Your all figuring out who to hook up with when Alliances get launched. Don't deny it. We all know about it. Some of your people "talk too much". They spilled the beans.

• shiri.4257shiri.4257 Member ✭✭✭

@KeyOrion.9506 said:
    (rolls eyes) I think we all know this is an Alliance Audition. And to call it a tournament for fun sakes would be a lie. Your all figuring out who to hook up with when Alliances get launched. Don't deny it. We all know about it. Some of your people "talk too much". They spilled the beans.

That's such an absurd assertion. If you've been in the gvg scene, you would understand that over 50% of the guilds disband after a tournament.

Spectre [VII] - Wood League Champion. Making "fight guilds" stack on higher tiers since 2013.
    Michelin rated WvW guild since 2015. The gold standard. Never transferred, never reformed, adapting and reloading with or without Anet.

• @KeyOrion.9506 said:

Some of the Guilds reformed just for the tournament, not for some alliance shin dig, lol

King Bullyfoot

• ArchonWing.9480ArchonWing.9480 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 16, 2019

@KeyOrion.9506 said:

That assumes that alliances haven't already formed and don't already consist of 4-5 guilds constantly holding hands together. That is the endgame, after all. Don't need tryouts for that.

Actually that would be a great contest. But it's not a gvg.

• EremiteAngel.9765EremiteAngel.9765 Member ✭✭✭✭

@KeyOrion.9506 said:

A real top guild won't stoop so low as to form an alliance with their strongest rivals just to stomp on the rest for easy bags.
    A real top guild lives to fight other top guilds.
    All those guilds that bandwagon and chest thump every week one-pushing pug zergs need a reality check.
    None of these guilds deserves the title of strongest.
    VR is probably one of the few guilds left that deserves the title of strongest.

@KeyOrion.9506 said:

A real top guild won't stoop so low as to form an alliance with their strongest rivals just to stomp on the rest for easy bags.
    All those guilds that bandwagon and chest thump every week one-pushing pug zergs need a reality check.

And that's why this year we chose less guilds, but better competition. Most of these matchups should not be 1 sided

King Bullyfoot

• hunkamania.7561hunkamania.7561 Member ✭✭✭✭

We don't even GVG much and had like 1 scrim so by know means are we even close to the favorites.

Ferguson's Crossing Server Leader

WVW LEADER

VR

• Acyk.9671Acyk.9671 Member ✭✭
    edited February 18, 2019

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

@KeyOrion.9506 said:

And that's why this year we chose less guilds, but better competition. Most of these matchups should not be 1 sided

NA only do GvG when a tournament comes. I highly doubt we will see real competition quality outside of 2-3 guilds and the guild with more experienced GvG players in its roster will win... Still nice to see you trying to turn things around

• Any updates with the tournament? Team Roster, schedule etc?

• StrawHat.2639StrawHat.2639 Member ✭✭✭

@Slugonaut.9841 said:
    Any updates with the tournament? Team Roster, schedule etc?

Will it be a mount GvG now;P

Sanji
    Lost last glimmer of enthusiasm for WvW

Anet dragon has finally defeated the
    **WvW WarBorn **
    He's over 7000!
    Havok lover with a sprinkle of Zerging

• Hello Everyone!

I'm very excited to announce that the 2nd NA GvG Season is beginning tonight, at roughly 8pm EST (that's 2am CET for anyone from EU who will be awake). Some of you may remember the 1st Season we held last year, if you'd like, several of the GvG's from last year can be found here.

This year's Season is going to be a little different. We decided to make the Tournament Bracket a double elimination bracket instead of single elimination like last year, and we'll also be having guilds do at least 2 GvG's per week, to cut down on the length of the Season overall. A full schedule can be found here which will be regularly updated as new GvG's are scheduled. A full list of the rules can be found here.

This year we have 11 guilds participating, and in no particular order, here they are:

Monsters Inc [BOO] returning from last year, a guild who's been around for several years, and participated in several tournaments on NA.

We [Hate] Everything also returning from last year, and the hosts of the GvG Season's.

Wavy [Wavy] filled with veteran players, but only formed up as a guild for a couple of months, this will be their first tournament

Midnight Mafia [MM] another veteran guild who most people from NA will recognize, also returning from last year.

Three Guild All Noob [ReKS] a combination of Retired [Re] and Krytan Stormguard [KS] who formed up together for their first tournament appearance.

Perpetually Mad and Angry [PMA] formed up in September, this will also be their first tournament.

Strike Force [SF] another familiar name from the NA scene, who did not participate in last years tournament.

Lucent Coalition [LC] participating last year under the name [DEF], led by Toxic Justin, who is in fact, not Toxic.

Violent Resolution [VR] looking to break into the GvG scene, VR will be participating in their first tournament as a guild.

Onslaught [OnS] our last veteran guild of this bracket, missed the tournament last year, but will be debuting the Season tonight.

And finally, to end our list of guilds, we come to The End [TE] (see what I did there?) who are also a fairly new guild to the scene, led by veteran Guild Leader Joey, participating in their first tournament.

The first GvG of the Tournament will start tonight at 9pm, but I will be streaming at around 8pm to go over rules, the brackets, and do some Pre-GvG analysis. The match tonight will be streamed here but several will also be streamed on Gregors Channel. The schedule linked above will have the stream location for each GvG whenever they are decided.

If anyone has any questions feel free to pm/comment, and otherwise we hope to see you in the streams to come! Good luck and thank you to all the guilds participating!

King Bullyfoot

• Here is the link to the bracket.
    https://challonge.com/jo3xiycn

King Bullyfoot

• Ni In.6578Ni In.6578 Member ✭✭✭

[GvG] Reform would like to participate.

[VII] Spectre Legacy - Declared Best NA Guild by Grimaldi
    Crystal Desert Consul Member and President of Scrubs; declared most toxic server NA by Z E Y
    [VII] wants fights! Please bring your pug rangers for UD progress.

• @Ni In.6578 said:
    [GvG] Reform would like to participate.

Unfortunately, its too late to register, sorry!

King Bullyfoot

• If you missed tonight's fights, here is the link
    Awesome fights! nice job OnS and LC!!! Final score OnS 4 LC 0

King Bullyfoot

edited February 28, 2019

Why did the expansion teams get a free pass into the playoffs? (Wavy, TE, Reks?) While veteran wvw dynasties such as OnS, SF, and Hate are being treated like the Cleveland Browns?

Spectre [VII] - Wood League Champion. Making "fight guilds" stack on higher tiers since 2013.
    Michelin rated WvW guild since 2015. The gold standard. Never transferred, never reformed, adapting and reloading with or without Anet.

• @shiri.4257 said:
    Why did the expansion teams get a free pass into the playoffs? (Wavy, TE, Reks?) While veteran wvw dynasties such as OnS, SF, and Hate are being treated like the Cleveland Browns?

Placement were based upon ranking. Ideally there would have been 16 teams and every team would have had a first round opponent but with 11 teams there needed to be placements into the second round. Placements were based upon actual results of scrims. It seems fair, to me at least, to make the first round more competitive with as even matchups as possible instead of advancing teams because they have existed longer.

@GrackFields.7805 said:

@shiri.4257 said:

Placement were based upon ranking. Ideally there would have been 16 teams and every team would have had a first round opponent but with 11 teams there needed to be placements into the second round. Placements were based upon actual results of scrims. It seems fair, to me at least, to make the first round more competitive with as even matchups as possible instead of advancing teams because they have existed longer.

It's a good thing the first round matchup gave the desired competitive result of 4-0! Only thing more competitive is Anet and WvW.

• RisenHowl.2419RisenHowl.2419 Member ✭✭✭✭

@shiri.4257 said:

@GrackFields.7805 said:

@shiri.4257 said:

It's a good thing the first round matchup gave the desired competitive result of 4-0! Only thing more competitive is Anet and WvW.

Didn't last year start with a 4-0 game too?

• Djamonja.6453Djamonja.6453 Member ✭✭✭

Maybe they should have done Hate vs LC and OnS vs PMA, but it would be a bit unfair to OnS and PMA who are both higher seeds. The 2nd round should have more interesting matchups.

@Djamonja.6453 said:
    Maybe they should have done Hate vs LC and OnS vs PMA, but it would be a bit unfair to OnS and PMA who are both higher seeds. The 2nd round should have more interesting matchups.

Many players look forward to the annual WvW Pro Bowl. I hope next year they add skills competition. Something similar to the beetlecar race tracks but with warclaw. I hope all guilds will one day be represented equally by submitting their best players to temporary guilds!

• kitten boring as kitten man, turn up the pace of the games

Key Opinion Leader: NA & EU WvW
    UD 2.5x | Diamond Legend

• Trajan.4953Trajan.4953 Member ✭✭✭

Fun stuff, ty HATE for setting this up, especially in these Dark Times for ANet.

• TONIGHT WE HAVE A DOUBLE HEADER!

First match tonight at 10 est will be [MM] vs [SF]

Second match will be at 11 est that will be [Hate] vs [PMA]

Both matches should be exciting!!!
    Here is where you can see the matches

ENJOY THE MATCHES!!!

King Bullyfoot

• Here is the current bracket

King Bullyfoot

• Hadan.2841Hadan.2841 Member ✭✭

Enjoyed watching the gvgs last night and thanks for steaming them.

• TONIGHT WE HAVE ANOTHER EXCITING MATCH [BOO] Vs [VR]!!

This match starts at 10 est and will be streamed by Gregor!!

King Bullyfoot

• If you missed the last few GVG's no worries here is our YouTube channel

King Bullyfoot

• I enjoyed watching the fights so far and am looking forward to the rest of them. Thanks for organizing this GvG tourney, this is what Anet should have dumped their eSports dollars into back in the day.

• Tonight we have another amazing match up! It will be [LC] vs [BOO]!!
    It all starts at 10:15pm EST
    Our streamer tonight will be
    Roy__ is now live on ! Go check it out wink!

Here is the current schedule

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g7qQ0Iv050U_y1VkHv2ViSa709fO2zNXUmvxVOqFd3I/edit#gid=0

Here is the latest bracket

If you missed the last fight, or want to watch again, come watch them on our YouTube channel

King Bullyfoot

• BLANE.8346BLANE.8346 Member ✭✭

+respect to [Hate] guild for organising this tournament. Takes lot of effort and time!

Henge of Denravi

• BLANE.8346BLANE.8346 Member ✭✭

Also holy kitten [MM] vs [SF] was hella close!

Henge of Denravi

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.