RIP Banner Slaves and warriors in general

Atticus.7194

@kasoki.5180 said:

@TheBravery.9615 said:It's a shame we didn't get a new balance team with the staff restructuring

Can you present some arguments behind such toxic opinions?

It's not really toxic its pretty much the consensus if you play GW2. The mirage nerfs are acceptable but all the other ones are pretty much toxic to the game where playing core classes will probably become the meta after this patch goes forward. Which may be their design in trying to sell a third expansion to get it back but the industry shows this tactic usually fails and does more harm than good to a game.

I can't see berserker getting fixed. it does wxp nicely by tagging everything as a sort of loot hoover.Torch also has some nice skins.aaand thats ur lot.I'd Like to see the voiceover for WOD changed to "taking one for the team"or "dem buns ain't gonna run" could be worth a poll

Banners will continue to be a must-have in 10 man PvE content. Even the nerfed bonuses are worth it when spread to that many players.But it certainly remains to be seen if they are good enough to justify a warrior spot in Fractals now. There are alternative ways of removing boons as well as the fact that CC stopped being as much of an issue once people stopped using three Weavers. Plus there is also less need for the Precision provided by the banner given the increased stats thanks to Fractal Masteries.

And yes, still waiting for those Power Beserker buffs.

@Henry.5713 said:Banners will continue to be a must-have in 10 man PvE content. Even the nerfed bonuses are worth it when spread to that many players.But it certainly remains to be seen if they are good enough to justify a warrior spot in Fractals now. There are alternative ways of removing boons as well as the fact that CC stopped being as much of an issue once people stopped using three Weavers. Plus there is also less need for the Precision provided by the banner given the increased stats thanks to Fractal Masteries.

Berzerker only need 1 thing imo, a F key or trait that improves damage the more health is lacking, its a bzerker not a knight on steroids xDAnet need to make it more on theme with the name, should be the stronger direct damage version of the warrior while sacrificing health.

Well, like @Henry.5713 said, in raids, i doubt BS will be kicked out from the scene, BUT on Fractals, i doubt anyone will bring a BS, instead of a full DPS Class. Why you would need 100 prec/power/fero, when you can have a fully DPS class who can bring much more on the table, since most of Fractals fights are bursts fight, unlike on Raids.No idea what Anet intended with this patch, but diversity it isnt.

@Strages.2950 said:WoD is now officially dead in WvW. As a warrior I have to risk my neck jumping into a zerg, stay with the enemy zerg (cause bubble chases me now) and I can't use any of my skills while I do it because i'll break the channel. If I get CC'd the channel is broken and I'm also probably dead. Whoever thought this was a good idea doesn't WvW much at all obviously.

It was already bad that the duration was halved, now WoD's purpose is to get the warrior killed too.

In PvE its useless now to... 5 secs no other Action...

banner elite skill should get CD reduction from 180s to 150scast time from 2s to 1.5sinstant pick up is niceif you die and you forgot to pick up the banner, you will lose the cd reduction because banner is no more

in 1v2 in wvw it kinda sucks if AND ONLY if their friend doesnt instantly try to go for the res.in blobs it will suck because skill lagin gvg this will be very good I believe

@SidewayS.3789 said:Well, like @Henry.5713 said, in raids, i doubt BS will be kicked out from the scene, BUT on Fractals, i doubt anyone will bring a BS, instead of a full DPS Class. Why you would need 100 prec/power/fero, when you can have a fully DPS class who can bring much more on the table, since most of Fractals fights are bursts fight, unlike on Raids.No idea what Anet intended with this patch, but diversity it isnt.

You said it, Fractals are burst fights, Warrior still has decent burst and sustained DPS. The changes made to banners are irrelevant, in fact it's better because in a realistic scenario, you have better uptime than before, the only downside is that the stats gain is weaker but it's not a big deal really since your buffs last longer.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@Henry.5713 said:Banners will continue to be a must-have in 10 man PvE content. Even the nerfed bonuses are worth it when spread to that many players.But it certainly remains to be seen if they are good enough to justify a warrior spot in Fractals now. There are alternative ways of removing boons as well as the fact that CC stopped being as much of an issue once people stopped using three Weavers. Plus there is also less need for the Precision provided by the banner given the increased stats thanks to Fractal Masteries.

Berzerker only need 1 thing imo, a F key or trait that improves damage the more health is lacking, its a bzerker not a knight on steroids xDAnet need to make it more on theme with the name, should be the stronger direct damage version of the warrior while sacrificing health.

I like your idea.

• 1 year later...

Sorry I'm bringing this topic back, I'm a returning player (after 5 years) I just noticed that I'm unable to use banners like I did before.Yes, balance is important. I don't care if they nerf its skills to the ground. I won't argue that. Just wanted to say, removing entire skill sets, animations, diversity and functionality is simply dumbing the class down and dare I say, really cheap way to solve problems. Thanks.

@artharon.9276 said:Sorry I'm bringing this topic back, I'm a returning player (after 5 years) I just noticed that I'm unable to use banners like I did before.Yes, balance is important. I don't care if they nerf its skills to the ground. I won't argue that. Just wanted to say, removing entire skill sets, animations, diversity and functionality is simply dumbing the class down and dare I say, really cheap way to solve problems. Thanks.

As if people were using banners anyway...

@Kulvar.1239 said:

@artharon.9276 said:Sorry I'm bringing this topic back, I'm a returning player (after 5 years) I just noticed that I'm unable to use banners like I did before.Yes, balance is important. I don't care if they nerf its skills to the ground. I won't argue that. Just wanted to say, removing entire skill sets, animations, diversity and functionality is simply dumbing the class down and dare I say, really cheap way to solve problems. Thanks.

Almost half of my old guild's warriors had a banner build, except me. I used it for rp scenarios mostly :)

Banners are weaker than they were before, but still good. Also, core warrior now does better damage than before thanks to improvements to tactics. IMO core warrior is solid pick in PvE with decent damage and strong support.

@artharon.9276 said:

Almost half of my old guild's warriors had a banner build, except me. I used it for rp scenarios mostly :)

They still have a banner build, but they don't use the banners. They put it and forget them until it's time to refresh them.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@Loading.4503 said:I didnt realize that by me asking that meant you cant battle standard a thread and have no freedom to say whatever you want. I apologize for my 3 digit iq comment since you lack a digit to have a sense of humor

Sometimes it is better to rez a thread than to create a new one.

I fully agree with you on that.

If the subject matter and title is relevant then necro away ^^

@artharon.9276 said:

@"Loading.4503" said:I didnt realize that by me asking that meant you cant battle standard a thread and have no freedom to say whatever you want. I apologize for my 3 digit iq comment since you lack a digit to have a sense of humor

People joke to make people laugh. Make no mistake, what you do is called bullying not joking.

Nothing he said there was insulting in any way, I don't see how he "bullied" you in this thread -it was pretty clearly an attempt at a joke. Calm down and stop overusing words to make yourself look like a victim when you're not one.

Also banners not dead. And if your main complaint is based on picking up banners "for rp scenarios mostly", then that's a non-argument in case of balance changes as much as it can disappoint you.

• Confused 1

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:I still wish they just revamped the skills rather than deleting them. Warrior needs more skills not fewer.

This^ get so tired of the dev teams lazy, least effort is always the route to go methods. Their dragging the game into the dirt. They could do something creative and engaging with banners but no this is the change, no suprise games state is what it is.

• 4 weeks later...