Warclaw feedback!

Jen.6021

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Helicity.3416" said:it may be a little strong...O2zzyHw.gif

Pretty sure that fight was already over. Not having mounts wouldn't change that.

But i have to say that players have even less of a chance to get away oncey they're in combat while fighting guards and you rush in to defend..

I think its far too soon to make any kind of judgement. Most guilds havent even had the chance to test out the update, and the amount of new players that you can easily run over right now shouldnt be used as evidence that it is op.

@Dawdler.8521 said:To copy paste my response in the other thread:

I never saw them used in combat, nor did I even see them used while roaming, but the speed... oh man that speed. They are much faster than the 400 hardcap even in enemy territory and will easily outrun swiftness - at least for friendlies. Since I never engaged someone with a mount I dont know how fast they move in combat. But presumably the advantage is just as big when both of you are in combat. Those with poor ranged damage wont stand a chance at catching anyone on a mount.

Actually I just caught a rev on a mount... dropped a few stacks of condi on him and watched him dismount in the distance :joy: I recommend Torment :D but burning will do just as well :D

So far my initial reaction has been positive. It's been a blast hanging by the back of a zerg and pouncing on the first clump of downstates after the initial engage. Hard to describe how immensely satisfying it is to one shot downies. The gate ability is fun but the supply cost for every pull is extremely meh. I would be happy if Anet removed the supply cost completely, considering how easy it is for a ranger to pop over the edge and pewpew a warclaw to death or the abundance of ACs around heavily guarded gates.

@Rotten Bones.2391 said:So far my initial reaction has been positive. It's been a blast hanging by the back of a zerg and pouncing on the first clump of downstates after the initial engage. Hard to describe how immensely satisfying it is to one shot downies. The gate ability is fun but the supply cost for every pull is extremely meh. I would be happy if Anet removed the supply cost completely, considering how easy it is for a ranger to pop over the edge and pewpew a warclaw to death or the abundance of ACs around heavily guarded gates.

It's not meant to replace siege

My thoughts/constructive criticism so far on the Warclaw:

• There should be Warclaw vendors on all borderlands - including Edge of The Mists. I had to queue with 47 other people this morning for about an hour, before I could even get into any borderland to buy some of the items I needed. This could not be done in Edge of The Mists. Very frustrating!!!

• When you're mounted, there seems to be way too many things you have to do, in order to start tugging at a gate. You have to press skill #3 on the gate to lock onto the gate with the chain thing - and depending on where you're positioned, sometimes this doesn't work because you may be too far away, and you have to wait for the skill to recharge again before pressing it, then once you finally have the chain locked onto the gate, you have to press skill #1 to start tugging. If, in the meantime, you start getting attacked by enemies (arrow carts, zergs, etc.), it's quite difficult to disengage from the gate if you need to escape. These little things really add to the nuisance of using the mount, when it should be FUN and simple.

• I suggest, as a solution, that skills 1 and 2 remain unchanged, and skill #3 be used to tug at the gate automatically when you interact with a gate - this way, too, if an enemy is taking your mount's health down quickly, you can move and disengage from the gate more easily.

• While I don't exactly like the -1 supply required with every tug, I get that, without this, it would render rams kinda useless, so I get that. Apart from the above points, I think the Warclaw has really good potential and will be fun to use long term - especially in regards to travel time across some of the larger WvW maps.

I love it! I wanted regular mounts in WvW friendly territories for so long but this is a nice alternative. Casual WvW-er. Dies a lot. This allows me to survive a bit more and be a bit quicker back to the commander. I can't wait for some cool mount skins.

Also, this mount makes the desert map great again.

Most of the maps seem far too small, to even require mounts apart from the Desert BL. They seem to be too fast especially in certain zones and with the leap skill. It's just too convenient right now, rather than a alternative. I can imagine it being OP for the servers, with the stronger coverage.

It also won't keep PVE'ers around very long, because from what I've seen in T1 EU, most of them seem clueless about organized Large scale wvw combat, it must be demoralising, by getting one pushed so easily.

Otherwise it felt like EoTM not WvW, with all the karma training zergs dodging fights, it got boring at times, besides the ridiculous queues we got.They will no doubt be selling Mount skins, on the Gem Store soon.

@ArchonWing.9480 said:They're too fast. But at least they're sorta fragile. Nerf the speed and make CC have more of an effect.

I've had to get off my mount as herald so I can properly pulse swiftness to those without mounts. I see this to be a problem.

That could be a nice addition for future mounts,

Support mounts/ carrier mounts / advanced siege mounts or mounts who can pull siege/

Etc...

TBH i only played about 2 hours in WvW but I went about 9 for 10 on dismounting another roamer without issue. But i also play Rev so i have Phase Traversal. Since i can keep up without range i don't see a huge issue with the mobility. I would like to see the evade frames removed though. And the finisher is too strong imho. I was downing things while a guildie just stayed OOC on their mount and insta finished them. We were definitely getting a laugh out of the mechanic though lol

@KrHome.1920 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:To copy paste my response in the other thread:

I never saw them used in combat, nor did I even see them used while roaming, but the speed... oh man that speed. They are much faster than the 400 hardcap even in enemy territory and will easily outrun swiftness - at least for friendlies. Since I never engaged someone with a mount I dont know how fast they move in combat. But
presumably
the advantage is just as big when both of you are in combat. Those with poor ranged damage wont stand a chance at catching anyone on a mount.
You should try it for yourself. In enemy territory it's slower than swiftness and can be catched by multiple classes: revenants, thieves, rangers, warriors... to name a few.

Once you dealt 11k damage while chasing it you get a hard CC on your target for free.

Regarding the number of anti mount threads on day 1: It's disappointing. 6 years and on every release the same stupid comments just because people are not used to the new mechanics and refuse to test things for a few days.

@dascott.6078 said:I love the speed. Once everyone gets a mount, the playing field will be level between professions. Everyone will basically have the same mobility. No more chasing super fast specs. You know who you are. ;)This!

Perhaps
you
should try it. I was literally running at 66% permaswiftness all evening (speed runes, engie kit swap) which is slightly faster than 33% ooc (392 vs reaching 400 hardcap) and had
no chance
catching friendly mounted players running next to me in enemy territory. They where considerably faster.

Mobility skills does make it so some may catch them for a while, deal damage and dismount enemies, true. But they are nowhere near swiftness speed and calling them slower is hilarious.

@Duckota.4769 said:Anyone saying that with the dashes this thing is not faster than melee specs is just lying and is enjoying avoiding any form of fight they don't pick themselves.Besides that fact that you don't know what you are talking about (I have played 6 hours today in WvW and tested the mobility compared to the typical roaming encounters) we already did say that there is a huge mobility difference in terms of territory.

• own territory: you on your mount are faster than your target on his mount. You can chase him down, dismount and burst him off his mount with ease.
  • enemy territory: the opposite, which means your mount is useless and you have no advantage at all.
  • neutral territory: several roaming specs are faster than you on your mount - at least (!) fast enough to kick you off the mount before you can disengage. You might be able to outrun them in the long run when they would not attack you, but they do (!) attack you, as this isn't the olympics but a fight.