Best Scourge WvW builds after the recent changes?

Joshewwah.2956

@"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:Same as before, just don't bother with Unending Corruption. It's garbage now.

What is the current Scourge build now?I've been trying a Vampirism Scourge build for Zerging.What do you guys think?Is it viable?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vREQNAndWnE9CN9i10Au0As9iFvBbqBEASAUdgQwgS/nOUPqA-j1hDwAuU/pnysEKBBu/gTlGf0HAwMHA-w

Not enough corrupts and you don't want to run Blood Magic in zerg vs zerg, because you'll inevitably pull downed people into bombs.

Cele/Grieving or Power Zerker/Marauder, take Scepter/Focus and Staff, Curses/SR/Scourge. This will maximize your boon corruption while still spiking pretty high damage. A necro's job in ZvZ is still corrupt boons, with damage close second. Some like to take Axe instead of Scepter, and use Spite instead of Curses. That's ok, you'll do slightly more damage. But only do this if your group/zerg has enough corrupt boons. Scourges using Scepter/Curses will corrupt a lot more boons and allow you to take on harder guild groups.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As a solo roaming scourge for over a year,I have my 1vX build.Able to out sustain other sustain classes.Able to dish out big damage as well as tank.here's my build.http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAW7fnE9CF3gd9CO9Cs9ilgBTPv2XHsUXhpwvKKpFAKXA-j1xHQBA4iAwGdDXUJ4BV+JgnAgiU/BX7PkZIAYRCsqSVVVJFgr70A-wif you need more help against Ranger or Deadeye, just replace trail of anguish with Poison Cloud.

• 3 weeks later...

@Thustlewhumber.7416 said:

@"RisenHowl.2419" said:

Build + guide. Game play starts at 20:07 if you want to see what it can do first

First off: I cant believe you posted this, as it will be used against you :)

Second: Thx for sharing!

That's nothing special. Every good scourge player is running a similar build right now. Just skipped through the video

The only thing I do like more is torch instead of dagger offhand. Cause dagger 5 is slooooooooww :disappointed:And torch gives the ability to hit enemies on walls/ inside buildings.

I run only one sigil of energy and an absorption sigil instead of the other one

@Thustlewhumber.7416 said:

@"RisenHowl.2419" said:

Build + guide. Game play starts at 20:07 if you want to see what it can do first

First: It already is, most guilds run something similar. except the crayon eaters that run condi or hybrid scourge stillSecond: NP! Happy corrupting!

@Nimon.7840 said:

@"RisenHowl.2419" said:

That's nothing special. Every good scourge player is running a similar build right now. Just skipped through the video

The only thing I do like more is torch instead of dagger offhand. Cause dagger 5 is slooooooooww :disappointed:And torch gives the ability to hit enemies on walls/ inside buildings.

torch, ew. 5 is single target and slow, 4 causes burning that gets turned into aegis. the LF gain on 4 is nice, but not needed. dagger 5 also applies weakness and 4 can be used on targets off tag to fully cleanse yourself and take a little strain off your healers

do you have arcdps installed to see if absorption is worth it? it doesn't trigger on corrupting stab->fear unless they're casting something and don't have resistance at that time. double energy sigils allows you to run full glass pretty comfortably and scales up in usefullness the better you are with the class

@RisenHowl.2419 said:

First: It already is, most guilds run something similar. except the crayon eaters that run condi or hybrid scourge stillSecond: NP! Happy corrupting!

torch, ew. 5 is single target and slow, 4 causes burning that gets turned into aegis. the LF gain on 4 is nice, but not needed. dagger 5 also applies weakness and 4 can be used on targets off tag to fully cleanse yourself and take a little strain off your healers

do you have arcdps installed to see if absorption is worth it? it doesn't trigger on corrupting stab->fear unless they're casting something and don't have resistance at that time. double energy sigils allows you to run full glass pretty comfortably and scales up in usefullness the better you are with the class

Arc-dps sadly doesn't show the boons removed from absorption, or at least I didn't find it. But I put another interior sigil on the weaponset (the one that gives bonus precision and ferocity) and I'm having a pretty high uptime on that, as I can see it in my buffbar. So absorption should trigger as often.

Yes torch 4 is burning, but also does decent power damage. I normally crit between 3k-4k.But I'm a little wierdo. Playing axe/ torch and sceptre/focus. Not the other way round.Played with offhand dagger a long time, but it felt very clunky. But from time to time I give it a try again^^

@Nimon.7840 said:

Arc-dps sadly doesn't show the boons removed from absorption, or at least I didn't find it. But I put another interior sigil on the weaponset (the one that gives bonus precision and ferocity) and I'm having a pretty high uptime on that, as I can see it in my buffbar. So absorption should trigger as often.

Yes torch 4 is burning, but also does decent power damage. I normally crit between 3k-4k.But I'm a little wierdo. Playing axe/ torch and sceptre/focus. Not the other way round.Played with offhand dagger a long time, but it felt very clunky. But from time to time I give it a try again^^

I'm glad it's working for you! I couldn't get the interrupt sigil working but I'll have to give it a shot again lol

I really like frenzy on scepter, that sigil is crazy strong on scourge over the course of a longer fight. I don't love dagger for the reasons you mentioned, but a good weakness/corrupt on a weaver casting MS really fucks them up =D

@RisenHowl.2419 said:

I'm glad it's working for you! I couldn't get the interrupt sigil working but I'll have to give it a shot again lol

I really like frenzy on scepter, that sigil is crazy strong on scourge over the course of a longer fight. I don't love dagger for the reasons you mentioned, but a good weakness/corrupt on a weaver casting MS really kitten them up =D

Hitting a bad positioned ele with torch5 followed up by axe 2 makes them sweat as well :D