Scrapper

Ario.8964

Is too strong. I've played a few games with this and it's absolutely unreal how strong it is. So far uncontested 1v1 capability, power res ability, god like sustain, and it's super easy to play. I'm glad scrapper is usable again but anet, you gotta roll back some of the numbers a wee bit. It's just too high of base numbers right now, maybe buff damage a bit more and nerf some of the sustain cause that's what is broken atm.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW holy so this build has the potential to give your team a pseudo-revenant dwarf ulti (damage is redirected to the scrapper), ridiculous team cleanse that converts conditions into boons, could probably even use Elixir X and has a "decent" amount of stability to counter a lot of chain CCs, and a lot of superspeed. With the right build you could probably delay a 1v3 and beat most "glass cannon builds"

For a "bunker" this baits dodges and stun breaks VERY EASILY. Chain CC doesn't counter it, condi bomb doesn't really counter it, burst damage? HELL NO. WTH ANET?

This looks broken this looks like d/d ele 3.0 but a lot worse. Tried it out once and It actually already feels aids

But at least it's not Mesmer/Mirage, so a shave will probably be necessary.

EDIT: fixed because I didn't bother reading skill descriptions

It's a good build but there are thinks that I can't see...

.... from we're comes the 10k pseudo-endure pain?

Tranfer damage to gyro? Up to my knowledge gyro can't get any damage... U get the damage.

Scrapper came back to life and it may have a good spot on meta with the good sustain and cleanses.... but I don't see it broken (might be little overtunned on support version) but not as OP as Scrapper was on the HoT release.

@"Ario.8964" said:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASncoCtbhdpCGpC0ehlKjietj77WcZCgwLMfKmvC-j5wHABcs/AAPAA7LDAAThis is what I've been playing with. Swapping purge gyro for blast is good in games where the enemy is low condi. The build has incredible sustain and pretty solid damage on point if you land everything well.

I used the build and it was broken..I changed the Amulet to Mendors for the 2nd game and used Earth runes with Bulwark/Purging/Stealth and it became really broken..

If Anet doesn't fix this, I'm going to tweak and abuse this so much lolThanks for the build :+1:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@"Ario.8964" said:
This is what I've been playing with. Swapping purge gyro for blast is good in games where the enemy is low condi. The build has incredible sustain and pretty solid damage on point if you land everything well.

I used the build and it was broken..I changed the Amulet to Mendors for the 2nd game and used Earth runes with Bulwark/Purging/Stealth and it became really broken..

If Anet doesn't fix this, I'm going to tweak and abuse this so much lolThanks for the build :+1:

How much is the carry potential? U know... Like how many are allowed to go afk while scrapper and other players hold mid or rotate between nodes?

@Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

@"Ario.8964" said:
This is what I've been playing with. Swapping purge gyro for blast is good in games where the enemy is low condi. The build has incredible sustain and pretty solid damage on point if you land everything well.

How much is the carry potential? U know... Like how many are allowed to go afk while scrapper and other players hold mid or rotate between nodes?

Carry potential is huge.. If you ran 2 and each had a node it would probably be game over.I played a few games with it, 3 with Menders Amulet.basically started with mid fights and bringing the team support then rotating off to far and holding that most of the game, can hold its own against 3 players easily while not even leaving the point.. I just facetanked 4 people on Bell laughing my kitten off like a mad man for example.wvkjOih.jpg

It's a fun build :heart:It's going to replace my stealth trapper DH lmao

@"BlackTruth.6813" said:WOW holy so this build has the potential to give your team a pseudo-endure pain (10k effective hp from barrier and transfer damage to gyro, literally revenant dwarf but better), ridiculous team cleanse that converts conditions into boons, could probably even use Elixir X and has a "decent" amount of stability. With the right build you could probably delay a 1v3 and beat most "glass cannon builds"

For a "bunker" this baits dodges and stun breaks VERY EASILY. Chain CC doesn't counter it, condi bomb doesn't really counter it, burst damage? HELL NO. WTH ANET?

This looks broken this looks like d/d ele 3.0 but a lot worse. Tried it out once and It actually already feels aids

Uh.. pardon me? The barrier only goes on the Engineer. You don't give your teammates barrier in any fashion at all. Maybe wait a little bit before further commentary

Let's see purge now purges less, shredder now does less damage, blast gyro has a longer cooldown, medic heals for less and bulwark now transfers the damage to the player rather than gyro. In exchange for being more usable (and frankly usable at all in large scale WvW for most of the gyros), a barrier on bulwark and 5 sec better cooldown on the stealth gyro.

Seems a well thought out change to me, not some huge galactic buff that you'd think from some of the comments in this thread, but something that gets rid of the crappy "AI" and improves usability and viability especially for other game modes in exchange for mostly reduced effects of the skills.

seen a shitload of scrappers in rank. Most sucked but some of them were able to hold well on a node in same cases. For example @Chaith.8256 has been the only 1 i seen in rank actually play it well(not saying others can't). Issues i notice Warrior and Rev can shut down scrapper fairly easy IMO.

Thank god we got 1 week left of rank so we can see whats gonna be nerf and fixed.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

@Chaith.8256 said:snipwhat do you think of these changes chaith? personally don't like em. blast sucks now. purge got nerfed in smaller numbers settings. sneak is better I guess.

It's a lot of buffs to Gyros.

In my experienced opinion (as experienced as you can be less than 24hrs after patch):

• Bulwark Gyro is much better in 1v1, 1vX situations. Bulwark Gyro is best when you're not shielding others but you are heavily pressured and can use that big barrier yourself. Bulwark Gyro is simultaneously worse at absorbing damage when ressing. This is because before you were transferring a massive amount of damage offshore to an NPC, and after the NPC died, you still had anywhere from 0-4s left on the Watchful Eye buff. Now, in situations where your team is eating massive Cleave (reviving) it can spike your health incredibly fast as they-mass cleave a defenseless body and whatever pets/teammates which you're transferring 33% of their damage to you. You can use Elixir S to go invuln to this transferrence of damage to you, and that seems like a very reliable way to revive indeed. With the loss of Low Health Elixir S, getting the best results when going for a revive is going to be a big investment of cooldowns.

• Purge Gyro is much better in every situation I could think of. Purge Gyro before was unreliable after the initial 2 self-condi cleanse as it had a short range and could be interrupted, also the cooldown wouldn't start until it was dead. Now the cooldown starts immediately, and instead of 2 self-condi cleanse, it's 5 AoE condi cleanse for your team over 5s. A very large buff in usability, it's a real support skill now.

• Sneak Gyro is much better most situations. Sneak Gyro pulses 18s of stealth (3s x 6 pulses) in an AoE, which is in my opinion absurd and should be reduced to 3s x 4 pulses at least. That much stealth is as I have stated, just absurd, and it may be a buff to Sneak Gyro if it gets reduced in duration - it's a detriment to be in stealth for 18s. The Smoke Field is completely redundant as you can only increase the total stealth by 3s (21s total) from any amount of leaps/blasts you do. This skill should be imminently changed.

• Medic Gyro is better in all situtions. Not major changes, it does less up front healing but heals a slight more over 5s then the previous up front heal when combined. It now has a water field. When running Shocking Speed, Chronomancer runes, and Anti-Corrosion plating for the F1 skill, I prefer it to Healing Turret.

• Blast Gyro is better in most situations. Increases access to Might, and less reliance on A.I. I still don't think this skill has much of a use outside decapping nodes or counter pressuring while you revive, as launching your opponents 600 units away has negative synergy with how Scrapper deals damage.

• Shredder Gyro is still completely useless. It shoots one whirl finisher in a random direction every .5 seconds that every .5s do nothing and completely miss the mark. Whirl finishers have always been pathetic.

The builds posted here barely have any pressure, and people even suggest going to menders. Sure, it's going to be tanky as hell, but will never kill anything remotely capable. Basically for decent pressure you need tools, Elixir U and Elixir X, and then with bulwark gyro, possibly medic gyro as heal and Adaptive Armor you still have decent def, but will struggle against condis and when +1d. The build posted here will literally never kill anything with just a minimum of sustain or mobility, so it's on the same level as menders weaver.

@Falan.1839 said:The builds posted here barely have any pressure, and people even suggest going to menders. Sure, it's going to be tanky as hell, but will never kill anything remotely capable. Basically for decent pressure you need tools, Elixir U and Elixir X, and then with bulwark gyro, possibly medic gyro as heal and Adaptive Armor you still have decent def, but will struggle against condis and when +1d. The build posted here will literally never kill anything with just a minimum of sustain or mobility, so it's on the same level as menders weaver.

My Menders version I tried wasn't about damage, even though I managed a few kills.It was purely just bunkering a point, spamming barrier, heals, water fields and finishers...

@Chaith.8256 said:

@Chaith.8256 said:snipwhat do you think of these changes chaith? personally don't like em. blast sucks now. purge got nerfed in smaller numbers settings. sneak is better I guess.

It's a lot of buffs to Gyros.

yeah after some more testing im fine with the changes. blast gyro is a horrible change tho. previously the first part was unblockable and unevade-able (which was funny) could be used at range (most important part) and had a much shorter cd. now it has such an obvious tell its sad. the might is crap, doesn't make it worthwhile at all.