I'd like to share my point of view of what is coming for the spirits in the next patch, well with the information which has been provided.
First the good
- I'd like to say i like the idea of the teleporting the spirit to your location. It's not what i would have done, but it's a half way meeting point and somehow solves the issue of very mobile gameplay.
- The idea of remove the fixed duration and use a life pool instead i find it interesting. Now the spirits will last a bit longer, in perfect situation it should last 78 seconds.
Now all the bad
- The Elite spirit will last only 33 seconds in the best conditions. (unless you become a healing turret for the spirit and there is nobody else around)
- The nerf in the passive range is a massive nerf. Now you need them close by which will get them killed before even you get to use them once.
- The spirits have base health of 7k, which is roughly an autoattack for many classes.
- The 0,25 cast time for the active sounds nice, however we haven't been told the spirits will actually not spend 2 seconds cast animation once they got teleported to your location.
- The new mechanic about the life drain is even a bigger nerf. It will impact the spirits in a ways they will die even from a random bleed because of the tiny health pool + life drain.
- The nerf to the actives to the offensive spirits, having in mind that they will die in the first activation, is uncalled. It's an PbAoE skill which does less damage than the same traps version.
- The change to the grand master trait, will make the ranger unwanted in raids which was the only content where it was needed. Spirits wont apply the boons periodically anymore.
And what do you think after reading this?
Do you agree with my points?
Do you think spirits will still be used nevertheless?
Do you think System team should have a quick review about the all the changes planed?
Do you think is fair to have the potential duration of the elite spirit to 33 seconds?