"Aurora" need to be transmutable — Guild Wars 2 Forums

"Aurora" need to be transmutable

I believe most ppl who owned Aurora will have the same request as well. After SO MUCH hours we spent on grinding, and SO MUCH gold we spent on crafting this item, it could ONLY be available on ONE character at a time. Like really???

IMO I think overall it's a pretty shiny item, and definitely worthy for ppl who have extra time/gold to craft it. But it's a shame that we couldn't use the skin freely like other legendary weapons/armors/back on all other characters. This make me feel very upset and even regretting to make this item.

I don't know about programming but maybe Anet could consider making the accessories transmutable for ppl who unlocked Aurora, or even an item functioning as Back Pack Straps that u could attach the skin on it?

I hope this feature can be improved for ppl who worked hard on Aurora after all.

Comments

• So. Much. THIS!
    If we get a way to get rid of the flashy effects I might actually decide to go for this thing.
    It makes sense that trinkets didn't have a transmute option because, well, you can't see them anyway. But now that they have a visual impact on your character, I think there should be an option to change it. If not as a transmute, at least an on/off toggle.

• Ameepa.6793Ameepa.6793 Member ✭✭✭

@mazut.4296 said:
    Or just make a check box like a helmet and gloves. You can click to see the effect or click again to remove it.

Yeah I would be happy for this too, but it would not help the ones who want the effect on more than one character. Transmute would be good solution for both :)

• I'm supported as what the people said.....Please make it be possibility of transmutable item that available from checkbox option in trinkets

• Shaaba.5672Shaaba.5672 Member ✭✭✭

I don't have it, but if a transmute or toggle encourages more people to turn it off, I am all for it. I think I would like the effect if it was smaller, but it's just really huge. Or maybe it was the charr that was wearing it making it so big - either way, I'm not a fan. And if a transmute encourages more people to turn it on other characters, that's fine too. They can only play one character at a time anyway :)

Consider this a plea to Anet to tone effects down in general. Just ... please.

• Shirlias.8104Shirlias.8104 Member ✭✭✭✭

@mazut.4296 said:
    Or just make a check box like a helmet and gloves. You can click to see the effect or click again to remove it.

This would be the standard. Still i don't understand why they didn't give that possibility.

• DakotaCoty.5721DakotaCoty.5721 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 20, 2017

Inb4 people transmute both accessories to Aurora.

• Is there any dev response to this?

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

Why would you want that? Why do you not.. you know.. equip it on that other character?

Bite me.

• @DakotaCoty.5721 said:
    Inb4 people transmute both accessories to Aurora.

wich has the same effect as equiping 2 1h legends

wich is nothing

• Talindra.4958Talindra.4958 Member ✭✭✭✭

@mazut.4296 said:

He wanted to it to become a skin so can be used on other toon I think. xD

Death is Energy [DIE] in EU
    Envoy's Herald, EAoA, CoZ, VitV, DD, SS, The Eternal, LNHB, Champion Magus, Champion Phantom, Wondrous Achiever etc.

edited March 20, 2018

They did it for back pieces not sure why arrora effect treated as infusion. Will be nice if it is treated as skin/item

Envoy's Herald, EAoA, CoZ, VitV, DD, SS, The Eternal, LNHB, Champion Magus, Champion Phantom, Wondrous Achiever etc.

• @Talindra.4958 said:
    They did it for back pieces not sure why arrora effect treated as infusion. Will be nice if it is treated as skin/item

it is treated as a skin/item

accesorries have no wardrobe so it can't be changed

edited March 20, 2018

Feels like it's treated as infusion such as diamond skin etc. Will be nice if they make it transmutable. It will be on all my alt lol

• @Talindra.4958 said:
    Feels like it's treated as infusion such as diamond skin etc. Will be nice if they make it transmutable. It will be on all my alt lol

the effects of all legendaries are treated as the skin/item

but the have a transmutable slot

the ring will be in the same boat soon too

• Shirlias.8104Shirlias.8104 Member ✭✭✭✭

I support this but more for a QoL reason.
    We do have pratically everything but amulet as legendary stuff, but with some limits:

• We can't have more than 1 legendary accessory
    • We can't have more than 1 legendary ring ( even though it's ongoing )

Why are we currently unable to have base legendary rings/accessories?
    It's definitely against what legendary are meant for.

• Bump, can we make it happen please?

• Ayalet.4970Ayalet.4970 Member ✭✭

And we're still hoping ~ .#Plzwhen?

☆ Fear, not this night. You will not go astray. Though Shadows fall still the stars find their way. ☆

• Zaxares.5419Zaxares.5419 Member ✭✭✭

I'd actually love to see a skin wardrobe for trinkets. As a roleplayer, my characters are often wearing a weird mishmash of trinkets that would make sense to them personally, but result in a godawful combination of stats. The benefit of having a trinket skin wardrobe is that it would allow players to use the Aurora effect on other characters without having to constantly swap it around. (And once the Legendary Ring comes out, I can guarantee we'll see yet more complaints about this.)

• Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Talindra.4958 said:

Back pieces and don't forget the glider skins they unlock as well.

• Hannelore.8153Hannelore.8153 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 7, 2019

Its not going to happen, as stated in threads about coloring weapons and backpieces, the item system was hard-coded in a specific way, and had years of code built on top of it and that any changes to it are not possible under any circumstances.

And I am not exadurating here, the developers have literally said that any changes to the item system would break the game.

The best they can do is make an NPC give you free infusions to replicate the aura once you've finished the collection.

Daisuki[SUKI] Founder | Mains Mariyuuna, Tempest, Water mage | ♀♥♀

• Manuhell.2759Manuhell.2759 Member ✭✭✭

If they wanted to make it the easy way, they could make ascended "Aurora Replica" accessories with the graphical effect for all the different stats and put an NPC to trade ascended accessories with an "Aurora Replica" with the same stats.
    It still wouldn't solve the issue of hiding the graphical effect, though.

• flog.3485flog.3485 Member ✭✭✭

For the sake of visual noise, it would be so cool to make infusion auras or trinkets auras part of your wardrobe. That way, you could choose to apply any aura you have unlocked to any character you own or choose to not have any aura even though you have a legendary trinket. And have a limit of 2 auras per character: one aura effect on armor and one aura effect on trinket.

• Absconditus.6804Absconditus.6804 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 8, 2019

I'd like to see a little check box you can tick visual effects on and off with in the equipment UI. The same way you hide helmet/gloves/shoulders. Put it in the bottom left or something. It can check the piece of equipment for a visual infusion that would be disabled if the box is not ticked. For items akin to Aurora it can disable the aura and orbs present when the weapon is drawn, as well as any visual infusion slotted into it. I would imagine that should be a simple if statement in how the code presents these effects currently?

As for wanting to use Aurora on other characters, don't you have the Shared Inventory Slots that you can use to quickly move it from one character to another as you relog? I mean you got to remember to do so, but it shouldn't be too troublesome if you get used to it, right?

Seafarer's Rest | Enryon | Mistwarden [Hero]

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.