Season 2 WvW GvG NA Tournament

Sir Bully Foot.9078

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Everyone!

I'm very excited to announce that the 2nd NA GvG Season is beginning tonight, at roughly 8pm EST (that's 2am CET for anyone from EU who will be awake). Some of you may remember the 1st Season we held last year, if you'd like, several of the GvG's from last year can be found here.

This year's Season is going to be a little different. We decided to make the Tournament Bracket a double elimination bracket instead of single elimination like last year, and we'll also be having guilds do at least 2 GvG's per week, to cut down on the length of the Season overall. A full schedule can be found here which will be regularly updated as new GvG's are scheduled. A full list of the rules can be found here.

This year we have 11 guilds participating, and in no particular order, here they are:

Monsters Inc [bOO] returning from last year, a guild who's been around for several years, and participated in several tournaments on NA.

We [Hate] Everything also returning from last year, and the hosts of the GvG Season's.

Wavy [Wavy] filled with veteran players, but only formed up as a guild for a couple of months, this will be their first tournament

Midnight Mafia [MM] another veteran guild who most people from NA will recognize, also returning from last year.

Three Guild All Noob [ReKS] a combination of Retired [Re] and Krytan Stormguard [KS] who formed up together for their first tournament appearance.

Perpetually Mad and Angry [PMA] formed up in September, this will also be their first tournament.

Strike Force [sF] another familiar name from the NA scene, who did not participate in last years tournament.

Lucent Coalition [LC] participating last year under the name [DEF], led by Toxic Justin, who is in fact, not Toxic.

Violent Resolution [VR] looking to break into the GvG scene, VR will be participating in their first tournament as a guild.

Onslaught [OnS] our last veteran guild of this bracket, missed the tournament last year, but will be debuting the Season tonight.

And finally, to end our list of guilds, we come to The End [TE] (see what I did there?) who are also a fairly new guild to the scene, led by veteran Guild Leader Joey, participating in their first tournament.

The first GvG of the Tournament will start tonight at 9pm, but I will be streaming at around 8pm to go over rules, the brackets, and do some Pre-GvG analysis. The match tonight will be streamed here but several will also be streamed on Gregors Channel. The schedule linked above will have the stream location for each GvG whenever they are decided.

If anyone has any questions feel free to pm/comment, and otherwise we hope to see you in the streams to come! Good luck and thank you to all the guilds participating!

@shiri.4257 said:Why did the expansion teams get a free pass into the playoffs? (Wavy, TE, Reks?) While veteran wvw dynasties such as OnS, SF, and Hate are being treated like the Cleveland Browns?

Placement were based upon ranking. Ideally there would have been 16 teams and every team would have had a first round opponent but with 11 teams there needed to be placements into the second round. Placements were based upon actual results of scrims. It seems fair, to me at least, to make the first round more competitive with as even matchups as possible instead of advancing teams because they have existed longer.

@GrackFields.7805 said:

@shiri.4257 said:Why did the expansion teams get a free pass into the playoffs? (Wavy, TE, Reks?) While veteran wvw dynasties such as OnS, SF, and Hate are being treated like the Cleveland Browns?

Placement were based upon ranking. Ideally there would have been 16 teams and every team would have had a first round opponent but with 11 teams there needed to be placements into the second round. Placements were based upon actual results of scrims. It seems fair, to me at least, to make the first round more competitive with as even matchups as possible instead of advancing teams because they have existed longer.

It's a good thing the first round matchup gave the desired competitive result of 4-0! Only thing more competitive is Anet and WvW.

@shiri.4257 said:

It's a good thing the first round matchup gave the desired competitive result of 4-0! Only thing more competitive is Anet and WvW.

Didn't last year start with a 4-0 game too?

@Djamonja.6453 said:Maybe they should have done Hate vs LC and OnS vs PMA, but it would be a bit unfair to OnS and PMA who are both higher seeds. The 2nd round should have more interesting matchups.

Many players look forward to the annual WvW Pro Bowl. I hope next year they add skills competition. Something similar to the beetlecar race tracks but with warclaw. I hope all guilds will one day be represented equally by submitting their best players to temporary guilds!

Tonight we have another amazing match up! It will be [LC] vs [bOO]!!It all starts at 10:15pm ESTOur streamer tonight will beRoy is now live on https://www.twitch.tv/roy ! Go check it out wink!

Here is the current schedule

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g7qQ0Iv050U_y1VkHv2ViSa709fO2zNXUmvxVOqFd3I/edit#gid=0

Here is the latest brackethttps://challonge.com/jo3xiycn

If you missed the last fight, or want to watch again, come watch them on our YouTube channelhttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UCv4xWuOAgxJxe-yx4xSCQVA