Scrapper

Ario.8964

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@zoopop.5630 said:seen a kitten of scrappers in rank. Most sucked but some of them were able to hold well on a node in same cases. For example @Chaith.8256 has been the only 1 i seen in rank actually play it well(not saying others can't). Issues i notice Warrior and Rev can shut down scrapper fairly easy IMO.

Thank god we got 1 week left of rank so we can see whats gonna be nerf and fixed.

If you are expecting balance changes before next season or anytime soon, I have bad news for ya... Anet track record on balance changes and frequency over the last 6 month is terrible.

What ever is broken, or unusable, will remain so at least till May. And the the unusable is highly unlikely to be addressed.

Oh look, now everyone is gonna start calling themselves scrapper mains soon and cry bls nerf, too broken and make it dog sht tier again.

Can't wait. Reaper still kills them. Scourge still kills them. They have little damage. They are basically a Weaver with better traits. But still not better than a Firebrand. Get a grip people. I really don't want my spec to suddenly be hammered down again because forum soldiers want to cry again.

@Solori.6025 said:^ Ahh and the shoe is on the other foot.

Well the difference between a Mesmer or insert the remotely more viable specs here and a scrapper is the fact scrapper hasn't been viable since the birth of scourge/Firebrand.

Anet pulled a stupid and decide to over buff again. Now we have to deal with people that /think/ they know scrapper when in reality they are the same people that were button mashing and crying about Mesmer in the previous threads. Scrapper mains are gonna have to suffer in silence while we wait for the overnerfs and then back to the meme builds.

@Lilyanna.9361 said:Oh look, now everyone is gonna start calling themselves scrapper mains soon and cry bls nerf, too broken and make it dog kitten tier again.

Can't wait. Reaper still kills them. Scourge still kills them. They have little damage. They are basically a Weaver with better traits. But still not better than a Firebrand. Get a grip people. I really don't want my spec to suddenly be hammered down again because forum soldiers want to cry again.

I don't think you have an understanding of all possible scrapper builds to assume reaper or scourge will kill all scrapper builds. I say that because I know they don't kill certain Scrapper builds by experience

@Chaith.8256 said:

@Lilyanna.9361 said:Oh look, now everyone is gonna start calling themselves scrapper mains soon and cry bls nerf, too broken and make it dog kitten tier again.

I don't think you have an understanding of all possible scrapper builds to assume reaper or scourge will kill all scrapper builds. I say that because I know they don't kill certain Scrapper builds by experience

It's the question if those scrapper builds are gonna be popular or see the light of day or if people are gonna discover them or if they will just be a meme. Then there's also the fact this is a slightly nerfed scrapper. Meaning less overall tank, but more cleansing and what not. I can see them being really good for conditions (still skeptical on scourge) but heavy power comps?

I'm not saying you're wrong, but without old amulets Scrapper is gonna have to lean towards dedicating themselves to either really heavy power mitigation or really heavy condi mitigation. I can't see them doing both like how they would do it back in HoT times.

@Lilyanna.9361 said:

Well the difference between a Mesmer or insert the remotely more viable specs here and a scrapper is the fact scrapper hasn't been viable since the birth of scourge/Firebrand.

Anet pulled a stupid and decide to over buff again. Now we have to deal with people that /think/ they know scrapper when in reality they are the same people that were button mashing and crying about Mesmer in the previous threads. Scrapper mains are gonna have to suffer in silence while we wait for the overnerfs and then back to the meme builds.

Mesmer? Like base mesmer? Or did you mean chrono?Actually ..Let's play a game..

Since Pof engi has been viable.

A warning ahead of time. This is a trap.

@Solori.6025 said:

Did I say engie in it's entirety? I specifically said /scrapper/. Scrapper has not been viable until these buffs. No one cares about yolosmith.

Now the Mesmer thing I meant Mirage. Obviously, not Mesmer since no one plays base Mesmer seriously.

@zinkz.7045 said:

@Chaith.8256 said:The Smoke Field is completely redundant as you can only increase the total stealth by 3s (21s total) from any amount of leaps/blasts you do.

It is redundant in PvP, but when you want to stealth more than 5 players in PvE or WvW it is useful.

PvP forum

its implied

Yeah sure. ;)

Can stealth ranger pets, necro minions, etc. thanks to 10 target.

@Lilyanna.9361 said:

Did I say engie in it's entirety? I specifically said /scrapper/. Scrapper has not been viable until these buffs. No one cares about yolosmith.

Now the Mesmer thing I meant Mirage. Obviously, not Mesmer since no one plays base Mesmer seriously.

Then say mirage? Because people honestly lump mesmer in its entirety when they complain.(As they will inevitably do with engi. )Not making a distinction between them makes your post read like the rest of the general complaints.Also you are defending an overturned spec now. The shoe is on the other foot. Tell me...

How does it feel?

@Ario.8964 said:Is too strong. I've played a few games with this and it's absolutely unreal how strong it is. So far uncontested 1v1 capability, power res ability, god like sustain, and it's super easy to play. I'm glad scrapper is usable again but anet, you gotta roll back some of the numbers a wee bit. It's just too high of base numbers right now, maybe buff damage a bit more and nerf some of the sustain cause that's what is broken atm.

Super easy to play, and waaaay too effective. They need some cooldown increases on the gyro skills, namely the Medic Gyro F1 (that grants protection) and the Condi Cleanse Gyro. 5 seconds added to each of these would be very effective, and not completely bork the spec again.

Honestly the changes were good because it improved reliability and usability of the scrapper. I don't think the damage is at all overpowered. The only offender with scrapper is it just has way too much sustain. Simply tuning down some numbers on things like bulwark's barrier, regen from superspeed, and heal from medic gyro a little would bring the spec in line as a bruiser/support bunker hybrid. But yes anet, pls don't gut scrapper again, just tone it down a wee bit.

@Ario.8964 said:Honestly the changes were good because it improved reliability and usability of the scrapper. I don't think the damage is at all overpowered. The only offender with scrapper is it just has way too much sustain. Simply tuning down some numbers on things like bulwark's barrier, regen from superspeed, and heal from medic gyro a little would bring the spec in line as a bruiser/support bunker hybrid. But yes anet, pls don't gut scrapper again, just tone it down a wee bit.

Next Patch:Engineer:Wells no longer follow the Scrapper.Cast time of wells have all been increased by 0.5 seconds to be in line with wells from other professions.

@Loboling.5293 said:

@Ario.8964 said:Honestly the changes were good because it improved reliability and usability of the scrapper. I don't think the damage is at all overpowered. The only offender with scrapper is it just has way too much sustain. Simply tuning down some numbers on things like bulwark's barrier, regen from superspeed, and heal from medic gyro a little would bring the spec in line as a bruiser/support bunker hybrid. But yes anet, pls don't gut scrapper again, just tone it down a wee bit.

Next Patch:Engineer:Wells no longer follow the Scrapper.Cast time of wells have all been increased by 0.5 seconds to be in line with wells from other professions.

so they get ground targeted with 900 range?

@MUDse.7623 said:

so they get ground targeted with 900 range?

Sounds pretty sick actually when you put it like that... :P

People are mainly complaining about scrapper because people are trying out it out en masse and pvp has turned into bunker wars. Most of the scrappers playing pvp aren't a threat. Most of them are literally just a reskinned sustain weaver with even less damage but more support and a few platinums have managed to make them into a threat but overall they're still less threatening than holosmiths along with still being less threatening and viable than every other meta build especially soulbeast.

That said. I think they're really good for support now in pvp. They're no firebrands sure, but I think they're nice to have against heavy condition damage teams to be able to brawl it out melee style like before scourge. So overall it's a plus for the pvp scene.

Just give it some time for the scrapper hype to die down and you'll see the focus shift back to mesmers, holosmiths and soulbeasts again along with probably some rework renegade threads.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@"Ario.8964" said:
This is what I've been playing with. Swapping purge gyro for blast is good in games where the enemy is low condi. The build has incredible sustain and pretty solid damage on point if you land everything well.

I used the build and it was broken..I changed the Amulet to Mendors for the 2nd game and used Earth runes with Bulwark/Purging/Stealth and it became really broken..

If Anet doesn't fix this, I'm going to tweak and abuse this so much lolThanks for the build :+1:

How much is the carry potential? U know... Like how many are allowed to go afk while scrapper and other players hold mid or rotate between nodes?

Carry potential is huge.. If you ran 2 and each had a node it would probably be game over.I played a few games with it, 3 with Menders Amulet.basically started with mid fights and bringing the team support then rotating off to far and holding that most of the game, can hold its own against 3 players easily while not even leaving the point.. I just facetanked 4 people on Bell laughing my kitten off like a mad man for example.
wvkjOih.jpg

It's a fun build :heart:It's going to replace my stealth trapper DH lmao

So... Scrapper wars 2 then... XD

@Lilyanna.9361 said:Can't wait. Reaper still kills them. Scourge still kills them. They have little damage. They are basically a Weaver with better traits. But still not better than a Firebrand. Get a grip people. I really don't want my spec to suddenly be hammered down again because forum soldiers want to cry again.@Chaith.8256 said:I don't think you have an understanding of all possible scrapper builds to assume reaper or scourge will kill all scrapper builds. I say that because I know they don't kill certain Scrapper builds by experience

Reaper main here. Can confirm cannot kill scrapper.

It's not that necro doesn't have a good toolkit for fighting a scrapper, necro actually has a great toolkit for doing that. The problem is that necro does not have the raw damage to sustain ratio to win against it. Simply put scrapper's sustain and boon recovery is such that the only way a necro can kill one is to go totally glass, but glass necro won't live long enough to score the kill. If a necro builds to have enough sustain to actually survive for a relevant amount of time, then the necro won't have the damage to put a dent in the scrapper.

Granted this isn't a problem specific to scrapper. Reaper loses all but a few matchups specifically due to it's trash damage to sustain ratio. Scourge only gets to be relevant because of AoE damage + staff kiting shenanigans.

The new sneak gyro is insane. 1 skill for 18 seconds worth of pulsing aoe stealth on a 45 second cooldown. Like compare it to Mesmer's Mass Invisibility to compare another stealthing elite. It's too much. At least the previous sneak gyro despite the crazy levels of aoe stealth was balanced around knowing there was a sneak gyro there you could see and destroy. The stealth field should be visible to enemy players. As soon as anyone on the team starts getting low in a team fight sneak gyro is always up and there for them to resustain or be rezed.