Scrapper

Ario.8964

@Falan.1839 said:Yeah and that alone is not going to win you games in most cases in this meta, when the enemy isn't dumb enough to either permaduel you on your node or worse, committ to 2v1s with low dps classes where they don't manage to get the kill.

You see, this is what is wrong. If you cant kill it in the node, and say, he is at your home, then naturally you leave home to go mid or far, but nothing stops the scrapper to literally follow you, and if you go back to the point, he goes back too. If 2 people cant kill it, or take WAAAY to long to kill it, then the rest of the map is 3v4 at the enemy advantage, unless you too have someone at the their far doing the same. Now, lets say there are TWO scrappers, one at your home and one at mid. Suddenly our options are even more limited.

Anyways, @sephiroth.4217 seems like I too have found my next abuse class, cant wait to see matchmaking at p1-p2 once again become 2 team classes of mostly soulbeasts scrappers, if thats what it takes to get them in line, i too will bite the bullet.

Mindless bunkering, here i come.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why even complain about scrapper when bunker firebrand and bunker chrono exist? A well played bunker chrono (minstrel in WvW) is literally impossible to kill (he can just leave if he's in trouble) Complaining about scrapper is a L2P issue. No one cried about it being "OP" before the patch, now it's suddenly OP... why?

Because of an 8k barrier and sneak gyro which has always existed and basically acted the same way? You know that foregoing healing turret and medic gyro for med kit means he's losing out on protection and is vulnerable while spamming med kit 1? If he's specced for healing then he's full tank like a firebrand or chrono.

REVEALBOON CORRUPTION

Stop running power classes against builds with high armor and protection uptime (unless you can strip the prot like spellbreaker)Conditions are a thing that exists.

Daze is also a thing that exists which makes it so you cannot use any skills or even stunbreak.

Just accept the fact that there is another bunker in town.

If a class that isn’t someones main gets nice things and theirs doesn’t the forums will be flooded with so and so is op, has always been like that in these forums while some specs seem to be somewhat allowed to be over performing ie fb as example and there’s more. Not saying scrappers not over tuned right now just stating the obvious

Thing is, it is way easier to outnumber and kill a fb who has 0 potential to kite and to disengage than to kill a scrapper.

And since scrapper has probably the best skillset to deal with conditions, your other argument makes absolute no sense.Chrono on the other hand dies also easily when +1ed by a S/D thief.

And for those saying just don't outnumber the scrapper seem to have no understanding of rotations. Sometimes you have to rotate and +1 sides because you have no other option. If you face fb+scourge mid while an enemy scrapper camps sides you can not make any proper rotation.

Builds that are literally unkillable and survive 1v3 while facerolling the keyboard are unhealthy af, no matter if they deal 0 dps or not.

@"Ruufio.1496" said:Why even complain about scrapper when bunker firebrand and bunker chrono exist? A well played bunker chrono (minstrel in WvW) is literally impossible to kill (he can just leave if he's in trouble) Complaining about scrapper is a L2P issue. No one cried about it being "OP" before the patch, now it's suddenly OP... why?

Because of an 8k barrier and sneak gyro which has always existed and basically acted the same way? You know that foregoing healing turret and medic gyro for med kit means he's losing out on protection and is vulnerable while spamming med kit 1? If he's specced for healing then he's full tank like a firebrand or chrono.

REVEALBOON CORRUPTION

Stop running power classes against builds with high armor and protection uptime (unless you can strip the prot like spellbreaker)Conditions are a thing that exists.

Daze is also a thing that exists which makes it so you cannot use any skills or even stunbreak.

This is great. Watching people that complained about mirage and spellbreaker defend an obviously strong spec. Using the same excuses they were really quick to dismiss.This is a good day and fully shows off the utter hypocrisy of peoples views on balance when the class they play becomes the hated one.

@Solori.6025 said:This is great. Watching people that complained about mirage and spellbreaker defend an obviously strong spec. Using the same excuses they were really quick to dismiss.This is a good day and fully shows off the utter hypocrisy of peoples views on balance when the class they play becomes the hated one.

Except the only thing scrapper has going for it is the sustain. :tongue:

The other thing is we've literally had three (read: three) days with the scrapper changes. If there's a counter build or a counter meta to it... it's going to take at least a week to come out. The impatience is palpable.

And as @Ruufio.1496 pointed out, the only changes that were made were made to gyros. Most of this sustain was already present, but the gyros were garbage before. The bulk of the sustain in the new scrapper build is coming from the changes to bulwark gyro, specifically, and that can be adjusted with some numerical changes.

@Vagrant.7206 said:

@"Solori.6025" said:This is great. Watching people that complained about mirage and spellbreaker defend an obviously strong spec. Using the same excuses they were really quick to dismiss.This is a good day and fully shows off the utter hypocrisy of peoples views on balance when the class they play becomes the hated one.

The other thing is we've literally had three (read: three) days with the scrapper changes. If there's a counter build or a counter meta to it... it's going to take at least a week to come out. The impatience is palpable.

Ahhh yes. Finally someone using the " wait and see" excuse.

@Solori.6025 said:

@Solori.6025 said:This is great. Watching people that complained about mirage and spellbreaker defend an obviously strong spec. Using the same excuses they were really quick to dismiss.This is a good day and fully shows off the utter hypocrisy of peoples views on balance when the class they play becomes the hated one.

Three days. I'm not sure what part of that is difficult to comprehend.

Yes, the meta has shifted and old builds are not as viable any more. It's going to take some time for a new meta to coalesce.

@Vagrant.7206 said:

Yes, the meta has shifted and old builds are not as viable any more. It's going to take some time for a new meta to coalesce.

I kind of agree, it is too early to fully determine whether (or how much) scrapper is OP. However, there are many hints of it becoming meta - and it seems to have the potential of becoming oppressive, but we will see.

What I wanted to add though is: It's not just number tweaks. The long lasting fields are insane, the superspeed uptime has been increased significantly with the changes to Shocking speed. And the power of an instant invisible basically perma-stealth is crazy. You can just fake-cast it in a fight and people run sides fearing you will pop out anywhere accross the map. The new Sneak Gyro is significantly stronger than the old one - which would be different if you saw the pulsing field (and reduced the stealth duration indeed).

So: Let's wait and see if it will be strong, meta or OP. But some number tweaks should happen very very quickly (sneak gyro, barrier amount, gyro durations maybe) int ehe next few weeks if needed.

@Solori.6025 said:

The same guy that used the wait and see when patch notes preview became avaliable and everyone knew it would be broken.

Actually is quiet amusing.Chronobunker can 1vs3 forever, nerf it!Druid can 1vs3 forever, nerf it!FB can 1vs3 forever, nerf it!Scrapper can 1vs3 forever, there's nothing wrong with that, we deal no damage!

@Vagrant.7206 said:

We already know what the new meta is going to look like: Roll scrapper in ranked or something with enough CC to physically force them off node. Don't expect anyone to die. I've seen menders scrapper sustain vs condi mirage, reaper, scourge, and holo all at the same time. There isn't going to be some magic bullet build that's going to just obliterate them and farm them all game long.

@"Ruufio.1496" said:Why even complain about scrapper when bunker firebrand and bunker chrono exist? A well played bunker chrono (minstrel in WvW) is literally impossible to kill (he can just leave if he's in trouble) Complaining about scrapper is a L2P issue. No one cried about it being "OP" before the patch, now it's suddenly OP... why?

REVEALBOON CORRUPTION

Condition Mirage and Scourge don't put a dent in scrapper with Purge and Bulwark Gyro.

@SoulSin.5682 said:I don't know what people are complaining here.

Isn't Scrapper pretty much a bunker? What is wrong on it fighting 1vs3?

Fighting 3 and killing 3 are two completely different scenarios.

I just played scrapper today, had another scrapper on my team. I took 1 node the other 1 took another. Then it was basically game. Couldn’t kill either of us lol.

@"Ario.8964" said:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASncoCtbhdpCGpC0ehlKjietj77WcZCgwLMfKmvC-j5wHABcs/AAPAA7LDAAThis is what I've been playing with. Swapping purge gyro for blast is good in games where the enemy is low condi. The build has incredible sustain and pretty solid damage on point if you land everything well.

Been playing this but on santionary ruins. Prefer the boon up time and barrier and man is it godly. Took on 1v3 for half the time. Took the entire 5 man team to kill me. With protect holo, Condi Mirage and reaper throwing nothing at me lol.

Just gonna delete my scrapper ahead of time since apparently everyone knows everything about scrapper and it's gonna get run down into the ground by these supposed 'mains'.

Been a nice run, but you know, eventually all classes are gonna get this treatment where everyone screams about something, it get nerfed, then they're wondering what happened to said dead spec.

@Lilyanna.9361 said:Just gonna delete my scrapper ahead of time since apparently everyone knows everything about scrapper and it's gonna get run down into the ground by these supposed 'mains'.

Been a nice run, but you know, eventually all classes are gonna get this treatment where everyone screams about something, it get nerfed, then they're wondering what happened to said dead spec.

Play ele, op things will never happen to us! :tongue:

(Yes, not again, don't ruin my punch line.)

@Lilyanna.9361 said:Just gonna delete my scrapper ahead of time since apparently everyone knows everything about scrapper and it's gonna get run down into the ground by these supposed 'mains'.

But it’s really extremely hard to kill can hold an1v3 talk about dead spec? A so strong build will make other classes obsolete.

When dh came out I saw myself how op those traps where at start I welcomed the nerf at that time very much

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

The same guy that used the wait and see when patch notes preview became avaliable and everyone knew it would be broken.

Actually is quiet amusing.Chronobunker can 1vs3 forever, nerf it!Druid can 1vs3 forever, nerf it!FB can 1vs3 forever, nerf it!Scrapper can 1vs3 forever, there's nothing wrong with that, we deal no damage!

Like, Remember when PoF dropped and everyone in less than 48hrs were calling for the head of spellbreaker and scourge.

But because it's engi.Wait and See.

@RisenHowl.2419 said:Spite/curses/reaper. Bait the purge gyro, wait it out, unleash hell. Scrapper only runs 1-2 stun breaks and very little stab. Force them to burn cds and chain cc them

Doesn't work reliably. For it to work you have to be able to hit their prot and stability on every corrupt bomb. Problem is that scrapper has such a mass of boon variety that you can't reliably hit either of those boons, let alone both.

Source: I've probably spent more time on spite/curses Reaper than anyone else on this forum.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@Ruufio.1496 said:Visible stealth, great idea

Sneak Gyro was meta in heart of thorn era and yeah you could see the gyro and the field still.

people complain about full on stealth with no counterplay being unfun to play against, then their class gets stealth and they suddenly switch sides...Stealth is fked in this game imo it's only fun for the ones with access to stealth, previous sneak gyro was one of the best implementations of stealth in this game (For both parties).

@felincyriac.5981 said:

@Ruufio.1496 said:Visible stealth, great idea

Sneak Gyro was meta in heart of thorn era and yeah you could see the gyro and the field still.

people complain about full on stealth with no counterplay being unfun to play against, then their class gets stealth and they suddenly switch sides...Stealth is kitten in this game imo it's only fun for the ones with access to stealth, previous sneak gyro was one of the best implementations of stealth in this game (For both parties).

Also core necro can't kill a scrapper, at best it stalls then dies.

@Megametzler.5729 said:

I kind of agree, it is too early to fully determine whether (or how much) scrapper is OP. However, there are many hints of it becoming meta - and it seems to have the potential of becoming oppressive, but we will see.

What I wanted to add though is: It's not just number tweaks. The long lasting fields are insane, the superspeed uptime has been increased significantly with the changes to Shocking speed. And the power of an instant invisible basically perma-stealth is crazy. You can just fake-cast it in a fight and people run sides fearing you will pop out anywhere accross the map. The new Sneak Gyro is significantly stronger than the old one - which would be different if you saw the pulsing field (and reduced the stealth duration indeed).

So: Let's wait and see if it will be strong, meta or OP. But some number tweaks should happen very very quickly (sneak gyro, barrier amount, gyro durations maybe) int ehe next few weeks
if needed

Not denying that it may need tuning. Sneak gyro and bulwark gyro changed the most significantly, and it's likely those two gyros will need tweaking.

The problem is people are ridiculously quick to hop on the nerf bandwagon, despite scrapper being largely irrelevant ever since PoF launched (1.5 years). It has really limited use in PvE (and always has since HoT), it's been support in WvW, and was just insignificant in PvP. So everyone who's screaming nerf and comparing it to chronobunker needs to take a moment to evaluate why they're screaming so hard. Is it because the sustain was buffed? Is it because gyros were buffed? Or do they just not like having to deal with something they haven't noticed for a while?