Remove PvP from WvW

sephiroth.4217

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"BlueMelody.6398" said:Sarcastic thread ignoring large-scale pvp, which happens despite suggestions otherwise. Zergs do attack other zergs, not just objectives, and zerg fights are often far less "brainless" than the roamers would like everyone to believe.

How about it being tounge-in-cheek and poking some fun at the current behavior?

But yeah, that seems to be lost on people

@"Strider Pj.2193" said:

• collection opens only after killing 100,000 guards and completing the skirt and centaur events 1000 times

You got my attention, what is this "skirt" event you're talking about ? ;)

(Couldn't resist as you just corrected someone else spelling in another post)

@joneirikb.7506 said:

@"Strider Pj.2193" said:
  • collection opens only after killing 100,000 guards and completing the skirt and centaur events 1000 times

You got my attention, what is this "skirt" event you're talking about ? ;)

(Couldn't resist as you just corrected someone else spelling in another post)

Well you see, there is this event in OS that has just female NPCs Andy well, you can imagine the rest.

(Yeah, I deserved that.). ?

@"KryTiKaL.3125" said:As true as that is generally in WvW anyway, people getting tilted that you killed them, I think its also just more exacerbated now after the Warclaw update because there are a bunch of PvE players in WvW now that don't particularly understand the concept of a mode where its essentially "open world" PvP.

Even if you're alone, you're gonna get attacked and killed. By one person, by two, by three, by twenty. Just the nature of it. I can fathom a guess that most PvE players just don't get that and as such the salt will flow.

It's the opposite, now even more than before are those pve players who group up and gank you and chase you even 15 minutes to get the kill on you rather than doing objectives, they see red that should be dead.

@whoknocks.4935 said:

@"KryTiKaL.3125" said:As true as that is generally in WvW anyway, people getting tilted that you killed them, I think its also just more exacerbated now after the Warclaw update because there are a bunch of PvE players in WvW now that don't particularly understand the concept of a mode where its essentially "open world" PvP.

Even if you're alone, you're gonna get attacked and killed. By one person, by two, by three, by twenty. Just the nature of it. I can fathom a guess that most PvE players just don't get that and as such the salt will flow.

It's the opposite, now even more than before are those pve players who group up and gank you and chase you even 15 minutes to get the kill on you rather than doing objectives, they see red that should be dead.

I am fine with that. We are in a zone where combat should be the norm. Good.

@"BlueMelody.6398" said:Sarcastic thread ignoring large-scale pvp, which happens despite suggestions otherwise. Zergs do attack other zergs, not just objectives, and zerg fights are often far less "brainless" than the roamers would like everyone to believe.

The problem with roamers is they are either looking for the 3v1 before they attack you or they cheese the game mode with classes like thief, soulbeast or mirage (pre nerf). These threads here a so ridiculous and not even funny anymore.

@zinkz.7045 said:

@"sephiroth.4217" said:If you roam or kill anyone, you're a bad person and should feel bad is the general mentality now days.

Nah, people always mocked "roamers" who ganked zerglings, it is barely PvP so what it the point. The difference is years ago there were plenty of roamers / roaming guilds that provided decent fights so an actual PvP player who wanted to roam could get their fights against roamers. Now most of the PvE baddies who call themselves roamers pat themselves on the back killing a minstrel FB on the way to the zerg in something so one way it isn't even a contest and for an actual PvP player wanting fun, skilled, engaging PvP is pointless.

Most actual roamers either changed to play large scale with a guild, quit the game or went PvP, because roaming without the population it once had is simply so garbage you may as well be playing PvE.

Yeah I quit and went PvP, roaming is dead since PoF

@dagger dave.5201 said:

@"sephiroth.4217" said:If you roam or kill anyone, you're a bad person and should feel bad is the general mentality now days.

Nah, people always mocked "roamers" who ganked zerglings, it is barely PvP so what it the point. The difference is years ago there were plenty of roamers / roaming guilds that provided decent fights so an actual PvP player who wanted to roam could get their fights against roamers. Now most of the PvE baddies who call themselves roamers pat themselves on the back killing a minstrel FB on the way to the zerg in something so one way it isn't even a contest and for an actual PvP player wanting fun, skilled, engaging PvP is pointless.

Most actual roamers either changed to play large scale with a guild, quit the game or went PvP, because roaming without the population it once had is simply so garbage you may as well be playing PvE.

Yeah I quit and went PvP, roaming is dead since PoF

*HoT

@gebrechen.5643 said:

The problem with roamers is they are either looking for the 3v1 before they attack you or they cheese the game mode with classes like thief, soulbeast or mirage (pre nerf). These threads here a so ridiculous and not even funny anymore.

So you think roamers are nothing but gankers running cheese builds. Even 1v1 builds are being called cheese builds now when most of them have sustain in some form and aren't one shot damage. Zerg players that post here seem to be under the assumption that zerging is the only true way to play the game mode, and that in itself is a problem. I don't mind that you zerg. I don't mind that you try to squirrel and run me and 1 of my friends down with 50 people. 1:25. But when you die 1:2 all of a sudden its a problem for you? Yikes dog.

you can do hybrid playing. you roam, cap camps, fight a player and when a zerg is nearby fighting, you join the zerg fight. and if you feel like the zerg is going elsewhere like capping a t3 tower/keep (which obviously takes time and will decay your pipping), you can just disengage and goto the beginning of this post, rinse repeat.

@zinkz.7045 said:

Yep, the only difference between them and the pvers they are salty about is the former is in denial.

@zinkz.7045 said:

who are these pve baddies who call themselves "roamers"? did they claim it in reddit? or posted a video about their roaming in youtube entitled "Pro Roamer Since Beta" and he/she all in legendary armor and weapons?

pvp in wvw is just boring. zerging and zerging that's all it is. they need some serious changes. like if you capture the dredge camp your server should have literally an army of dredge throwing forces at towers and keeps and camps. make it through different quest chains. that army of dredge should be able to take a keep or tower. there should be war on all areas of the map instead of zerging and zerging. oh where's the zerg, there's the zerg. fights are literally either you get stomped or the other zerg gets stomped. all within 5 seconds.

@sostronk.8167 said:We need more PvE in WvW as well. I would love some mini bosses like Wyverns to fight with unique mechanics. Maybe throw in some of the raid bosses like Gorsevaal and Vale Guardian!

Vinewrath as SMC's boss. Need to take that place from all three sides, one at a time. The defenders can have access to several variations of Mordrem tonics, complete with overpowered mechanics.Get some agony in there whilst we're at it. =)

~ Kovu

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

How about it being tounge-in-cheek and poking some fun at the current behavior?

But yeah, that seems to be lost on people

I feel like you know me too well...