Scrapper is overpowered in PvP

@memausz.7264 said:I dropped from 1600 ranked to 1470 in three days because of Freaking overpowered scrappers. I'm sick of this. They need to be nerfed. And no, my build did NOT change, in case you were wondering. ANet, fix this.

And you play holo which is one of the most abused easiest monkey spam builds that carry players who don't deserve to platinum and you talk?

There will be always overtuned specs so just accept it and move on, whining on the server won't accomplish anything, there already so many threads about scrapper being op, just stop playing if you don't like the meta.

@whoknocks.4935 said:

@"memausz.7264" said:I dropped from 1600 ranked to 1470 in three days because of Freaking overpowered scrappers. I'm sick of this. They need to be nerfed. And no, my build did NOT change, in case you were wondering. ANet, fix this.There will be always overtuned specs so just accept it and move on, whining on the server won't accomplish anything,It got Mirage Cloak duration nerfed, Boonbeast Stances nerfed, Full Counter's Damage and cooldown nerfed, Guardians Righteous Instincts nerfed, Engineer's Auto Elixir S nerfed, Scourge damage nerfed, Chronomancer Phantasm damage nerfed, Reaper damage considerably buffed when they added Quickness on Shroud ect. ect.

Complaining works.

there already so many threads about scrapper being op, just stop playing if you don't like the meta.

There's two overtly nerf scrapper threads. That's hardly "SO MANY".

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@"memausz.7264" said:I dropped from 1600 ranked to 1470 in three days because of Freaking overpowered scrappers. I'm sick of this. They need to be nerfed. And no, my build did NOT change, in case you were wondering. ANet, fix this.There will be always overtuned specs so just accept it and move on, whining on the server won't accomplish anything,It got Mirage Cloak duration nerfed, Boonbeast Stances nerfed, Full Counter's Damage and cooldown nerfed, Guardians Righteous Instincts nerfed, Engineer's Auto Elixir S nerfed, Scourge damage nerfed, Chronomancer Phantasm damage nerfed, Reaper damage considerably buffed when they added Quickness on Shroud ect. ect.

Complaining works.

there already so many threads about scrapper being op, just stop playing if you don't like the meta.

After how much time?6 months of unhealthy dominating specs they finally nerfed something?Are mirage and boonbeast out of meta thanks to the complains? Not sure...Holo needed a damage and sustain shaft especially on autos and all PF skills, they halved the stab on PF#3.Yeah complain works... to make them balance random things.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

Complaining works.

Does that mean that the dozen ele mains left should complain more to see if we can get eles out of the pits of hellnerfs? Because I can do that, i must do that

@whoknocks.4935 said:

Complaining works.

After how much time?6 months of unhealthy dominating specs they finally nerfed something?Are mirage and boonbeast out of meta thanks to the complains? Not sure...Holo needed a damage and sustain shaft especially on autos and all PF skills, they halved the stab on PF#3.Yeah complain works... to make them balance random things.

Complaining works.

Holo needed it's healing and sustained nerfed more than it's damage. I'm fine with it having top tier power damage. It's supposed to be a glass cannon spec thats so high risk high reward it's in danger of blowing itself up. Instead because of how overloaded Heal Turret has always been as a heal skill, the Alchemy specialization is on it's own and especially Alchemy+Inventions combo it's ability to resustain in a fight mades it far too self sufficient. It should be more like Shiro+Glint Herald and Scourge where it really needs that outside support to shine.

When you're usually seeing 4 of a single spec in most matches in PvP something is very clearly wrong.

@Fortus.6175 said:

Complaining works.

Does that mean that the dozen ele mains left should complain more to see if we can get eles out of the pits of hellnerfs? Because I can do that, i
must
do that

Yes. Support tempest needs to be a thing, Fresh Air Weaver should be comparable in impactfulness to Greatsword Mesmer, and the class needs some sort of AoE team damage carry build like a Power Crit version of a scourge that's just as good.

To be honest, when I think about what's "missing" from conquest in terms of class flavor, the lack of the classic mage archetype is definitely a big one for me. This is the PvP game mode of a swords and sorcery role playing game. And the squishy wizard, chucking fireballs at a distance and raining huge levels of AoE death on the enemy isn't a thing that competitively exists and that really annoys me.

@Fortus.6175 said:

Complaining works.

Does that mean that the dozen ele mains left should complain more to see if we can get eles out of the pits of hellnerfs? Because I can do that, i
must
do that

I would like to play my ele again. Need more cry threads I approve.

In my language there is a saying that roughly translate: child that doesnt cry doesnt wean. So make waves, uproar, make yourself be heard, play ele even if you know it will lose so that the stats team have some statistics to shown, because Im sure the devs arent sure if there are no eles because they are "unpopular" (because you know, the second most played class after ranger given Anets own statistics would probably not be representative of the very same people playing their PvP when even in WvW you see similar distribution) or other reasons.

@"memausz.7264" said:I dropped from 1600 ranked to 1470 in three days because of Freaking overpowered scrappers. I'm sick of this. They need to be nerfed. And no, my build did NOT change, in case you were wondering. ANet, fix this.

Git gud and stop complaining, maybe gold is where you deserve to be :forehead"

@"memausz.7264" said:I dropped from 1600 ranked to 1470 in three days because of Freaking overpowered scrappers. I'm sick of this. They need to be nerfed. And no, my build did NOT change, in case you were wondering. ANet, fix this.

Anet wont fix anything with Spvp for about 3-6 months, and the engi mains are playing hard defense for their spec. If anet decides to ignore it, you'll be waiting a year before the bunker spec is even acknowledged.So you may as well make a scrapper and get good with it.

...funny...I am reminded of Ventari Rev's time in the sun...People saying it's OP:The Rev community throwing the " it has a lot of counters" argument.

Anyone else remember that?

@mortrialus.3062 said:

Complaining works.

must
do that

Yes. Support tempest needs to be a thing, Fresh Air Weaver should be comparable in impactfulness to Greatsword Mesmer, and the class needs some sort of AoE team damage carry build like a Power Crit version of a scourge that's just as good.

To be honest, when I think about what's "missing" from conquest in terms of class flavor, the lack of the classic mage archetype is definitely a big one for me. This is the PvP game mode of a swords and sorcery role playing game. And the squishy wizard, chucking fireballs at a distance and raining huge levels of AoE death on the enemy isn't a thing that competitively exists and that really annoys me.

Don't think that can ever exist as long as rev+thief does.

@"Solori.6025" said:...funny...I am reminded of Ventari Rev's time in the sun...People saying it's OP:The Rev community throwing the " it has a lot of counters" argument.

I remember the AoE knockback every 4 seconds to infinity and beyond. Ventari Rev sucked but had one silly good skill in PvP. Maybe not a good comparison of balance situations..

I certainly remember that every time where a class gets buffed into the sky where it eclipses all other options in that role, and deluded mains say that it's fine, or that it's their turn, or any other mental gymnastics.

However, we're objectively not at the point where Scrapper is eclipsing all other options as side noder duelists, or team supports. It's just the ranked Q flavor of the month, similar to Ventari Rev - execept its a cohesive spec instead of a 1 button spamming oversight.

There's no stopping the ranked Q population from frothing at the mouth about Scrapper until its common practice to nullify it with any 1v1 spec, to a scenario where Scrapper cannot possibly gain any value for their team. Strength Warrior actually has an overall positive matchup vs. Scrapper, it can even hard counter pop a Scrapper if this Scrapper is running a very common (fotm) anti-condi gyro build short on stability & stunbreak.

There's no objective argument to say that Scrapper is out-performing others in the duelist role, or is needed in teamfights. I've not seen one good argument for this, but have seen plenty of Hyperbole about why Scrapper abilities are disgusting and individually overpowered, and so on.

@Chaith.8256 said:

@"Solori.6025" said:...funny...I am reminded of Ventari Rev's time in the sun...People saying it's OP:The Rev community throwing the " it has a lot of counters" argument.

I remember the AoE knockback every 4 seconds to infinity and beyond. Ventari Rev sucked but had one silly good skill in PvP. Maybe not a good comparison of balance situations..

I certainly remember that
every
time where a class gets buffed into the sky where it eclipses all other options in that role, and deluded mains say that it's fine, or that it's their turn, or any other mental gymnastics.

However, we're objectively not at the point where Scrapper is eclipsing all other options as side noder duelists, or team supports. It's just the ranked Q flavor of the month, similar to Ventari Rev - execept its a cohesive spec instead of a 1 button spamming oversight.

There's no stopping the ranked Q population from frothing at the mouth about Scrapper until its common practice to nullify it with any 1v1 spec, to a scenario where Scrapper cannot possibly gain any value for their team. Strength Warrior actually has an overall positive matchup vs. Scrapper, it can even hard counter pop a Scrapper if this Scrapper is running a very common (fotm) anti-condi gyro build short on stability & stunbreak.

There's no objective argument to say that Scrapper is out-performing others in the duelist role, or is needed in teamfights. I've not seen one good argument for this, but have seen plenty of Hyperbole about why Scrapper abilities are disgusting and individually overpowered, and so on.

Even if warriors and rev instantly pop scrappers like sticking a pin into a balloon if there's going to be 4-6 of them most platinum and higher ranked games for the foreseeable future slowing down conquest into a death halt where barely anything happens or dies all game long then it should not exist in the form it does.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

Even if warriors and rev instantly pop scrappers like sticking a pin into a balloon if there's going to be 4-6 of them most platinum and higher ranked games for the foreseeable future slowing down conquest into a death halt where barely anything happens or dies all game long then it should not exist in the form it does.

We'll see how well this prediction ages then, it's not been a week since the patch and I'm now down to seeing one per team in queues. Flavor of the month people will stop playing it when the community starts denying them value. We'll be seeing a lot more Strength + Magebane Tether Spellbreakers coming.

• 3 months later...

@Fortus.6175 said:

Complaining works.

must
do that

Check my post history on the old forums. I tried for years for naught. Good luck, brother.

— Former ele main who gave up on ele, quit GW2, and finally relented, coming back to GW2 — determined to multiclass and forever leave my ele untouched.