One shot builds in gw2

must be a third party plugin like arcdps

in wikiWinter's bite

Throw an axe to chill your foe. Your pet's next attack inflicts weakness.Damage.png Damage: 550

Whirling Defense

Damage.png Damage (12x): 2,904 (7.92)?

242 each.

Say twice the Whirling Def damage + the rest = ~10k

you got 1 shotted at 19k

as long as the multipliers are right (his boons might ferocity), it can be. otherwise, some bork bork.

@TexZero.7910 said:

@zionophir.6845 said:must be a third party plugin like arcdps

Let me just stop you right there.It ain't a 3rd party problem it's a l2p issue as the OP is running pure glass against pure glass. His house got shattered and so he took the only route he can, come complain on the forums.

yeah. 10k vs 19k? did that 9k appear out of thin air?

i can even tell you that i hit a medium armor glass engi with protection for 600 dmg. and im on full zerk.

@flyingplanet.6912 said:

@"Loosmaster.8263" said:That's an awful lot for an Axe, lol. Were you wearing Zerker gear?

Zerker gear with rune of earth.The below is the screenshot of the ranger a few moments later, but I am not entirely sure about the build.
WXihVWp.jpg

Don't know what their exact build is but among their buffs they have:

• Opening Strike: You and your pet inflict vulnerability with your first strike when entering combat.
  • Signet of the Wild: +180 Ferocity
  • Strength of the Pack: Rampage with your pet, gaining stability, fury, and swiftness. You and your pet also grant might to each other when you attack. AKA more might and ferocity, plus stability.
  • Twice as Vicious: Disabling a foe increases your damage and condition damage for a short duration. (+5% damage)
  • Ferocious Archetype: +200 power; +100 Ferocity.

Their stacked weapon buff is probably might, ferocity, or precision. Their food and utility would be offensive. They also have the keep buff which could be another 100 power and precision.

As other said, you fought a glass build with your own glass build and lost. Though know that soulbeasts tend to put all their eggs in one basket—after they blow skills like Strength of the Pack, their burst is reduced. They still hurt but not nearly as much.

@zionophir.6845 said:

Let me just stop you right there.It ain't a 3rd party problem it's a l2p issue as the OP is running pure glass against pure glass. His house got shattered and so he took the only route he can, come complain on the forums.

i can even tell you that i hit a medium armor glass engi with protection for 600 dmg. and im on full zerk.

Looks more like the OP didnt see the ranger coming. I run a similar build, full viper axe/axe and axe/torch, its and old raid build ment to do a lot of dmg, but with very little defenses.

@zionophir.6845 said:

No. But you'd know that if you weren't just blindly being biased and throwing around the exploiter tag.It came from gear difference, WvW specific infusions, food, utility, bloodlust stacks as shown in the image, and other WvW buffs.

But sure everyone who kills you is clearly a dirty cheater. Even if there's reason to believe otherwise.

@TexZero.7910 said:

No. But you'd know that if you weren't just blindly being biased and throwing around the exploiter tag.It came from gear difference, WvW specific infusions, food, utility, bloodlust stacks as shown in the image, and other WvW buffs.

But sure everyone who kills you is clearly a dirty cheater. Even if there's reason to believe otherwise.

if he kills me fairly, then congrats to him. but 1 skill doing bork bork damage and kills me? well the one who killed me is still bork bork.

I basically run a PVE build in WvW myself. There's a lot more WvW builds, and I don't want to spend a lot of money buying multiple full ascended gearsets for all of my toons for a game mode that I play relatively rarely. So, I just replace my berserker jewelry with marauder ones, and then change my traits around. It's a pretty simple philosophy: gear for damage, trait/utilities for defense, and you'll end up with a well balanced toon.

There's a caveat, though: you have to be on your toes. Even though I can drop most players in 2 or 3 skills, the flip side is I myself am also that fragile all the time. Be aware of your positioning, and look behind you regularly to see if anyone is stalking you.

This is common with soulbeasts in wvw. Their multiple damage modifiers that stack make em do insane bursts. Nothing new, I have been hit on multiple occasions with this dmg while on tank gear. I remember some longbow auto attacks that hit for 10k and rapid fire hitting for 3.5k each hit.

@Zephire.8049 said:

@"Loosmaster.8263" said:That's an awful lot for an Axe, lol. Were you wearing Zerker gear?

Zerker gear with rune of earth.The below is the screenshot of the ranger a few moments later, but I am not entirely sure about the build.
WXihVWp.jpg

Don't know what their exact build is but among their buffs they have:
  • Opening Strike:
    You and your pet inflict vulnerability with your first strike when entering combat.
  • Signet of the Wild:
    +180 Ferocity
  • Strength of the Pack:
    Rampage with your pet, gaining stability, fury, and swiftness. You and your pet also grant might to each other when you attack.
    AKA more might and ferocity, plus stability.
  • Twice as Vicious:
    Disabling a foe increases your damage and condition damage for a short duration.
    (+5% damage)
  • Ferocious Archetype:
    +200 power; +100 Ferocity.

Their stacked weapon buff is probably might, ferocity, or precision. Their food and utility would be offensive. They also have the keep buff which could be another 100 power and precision.

As other said, you fought a glass build with your own glass build and lost. Though know that soulbeasts tend to put all their eggs in one basket—after they blow skills like Strength of the Pack, their burst is reduced. They still hurt but not nearly as much.

He also probably had Sic'em for 40% more damage.

Honestly, just look on Youtube for a WvW GW2 Ranger build, there's about 3 videos from a guy that plays a 1-shot Ranger build. Glass or not isn't the issue, "l2p" isn't the issue either. Soulbeast can hit stupidly hard due to some imbalances like Sic 'Em affecting the Ranger while melded with their pet which gives the Ranger an extra 40% damage buff, he most likely had the extra damage buff from using 'Maul' before-hand too which gives bonus damage to the Ranger's next attack. (I forget how much it is).

@TexZero.7910 said:

@"zionophir.6845" said:must be a third party plugin like arcdps

Youre clueless.This oneshot build has been around for Months.

Totally a l2p issue,lmao.

@Caedmon.6798 said:

that looks balanced... if players can get carried... its balanced for gw2 standards.

Working as intended.

@Caedmon.6798 said:

Dear lord, atleast follow the chain there. I never said 1 shot build didn't exist.I said they're not exploiters just because you died to them.

I mean all of the above are cherry picked fights, those gimmick/one-trick-pony builds are fun when they work but easily blown up. Boonbeast is more potent overall, even if the individual numbers are smaller because they can often tank for quite a long time in a 1v1 scenario.That said, one-shotting the odd opponent with winter's bite on full power is both fun and satisfying.

~ Lpvi

@"Kovu.7560" said:Apparently I can't edit "Lpvi" from my phone. I am Lpvi today.Its also worth noting rangers I talk to tend to get more about OH axe than mainhand axe these days. I haven't tried it myself yet, though.

When I can't get much off with my mh axe I just bait them in for my oh axe. I can actually just camp in axe and use pet for movement until it gets really ugly but you can get some pretty nice dmg once you bait them into it.

One shot builds exist and like others have said they usually are very very squishy. If you can avoid their first burst you can probably get them easy. I have been hit by a few mirage and deadeye one shot builds because I wasn't paying attention. The second time I encountered them though it was a different story :)Don't let your guard down!