Warclaw as default mount in WvW affects default in PvE

I normally have keybinds setup for all the mounts except the griffon. I use the griffon setup as the default selected mount so it doesn't need it's own special keybind beyond the one for the default mount keybind. When I go to WvW the default changes to the warclaw but when I come back to PvE the warclaw stays as default. WvW shouldn't affect the default mount for PvE.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Year later. Still happening. Do the devs not play? If anyone like both PvE and WvW content this is a regular nuisance...and obvious QoL candidate. I encounter this several times per day alternating between the game modes. Would love a fix. Thanks for reading.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:I almost never experience this issue. But then, I almost never leave WvW while mounted. I'm pretty sure that's when it happens.Thus, whilst awaiting a fix (not all bugs are fixed due to several different reasons), try dis-mounting before leaving WvW.

Good luck.

I'll have to test that out to see. It still needs to be fixed.

• 1 year later...

2022, this bug is still happening. 

After testing, I can confirm that it appears that this happens if you leave WvW while mounting on the Warclaw. Entered and left WvW multiple times, every time I left WvW while on the Warclaw it changed my default in PvE as well. Every time I left while not mounted, my default in PvE was fine. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 1/17/2022 at 12:51 PM, The Boz.2038 said:

Also, if under or on surface of water, please default to Skimmer? Makes no sense to not do that.

What you are asking is something else then what this post is about.

What is happening now is when you change from WvW into PvE maps, your default mount will be kept as if there where only one mount in the default options. In WvW (including Armistice Bastion) all of your default mount except for Warclaw will be hidden in option setting for which mount that will be set to be default mount. This is then kept when one change back from WvW into PvE.

After some testing I can confirm Warclaw will be kept as default mount ONLY when one do not dismount before going to PvE content. It is annoying, but at least you will not be stuck on Warclaw as a default mount if you know that you can dismount before returning to PvE.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234
I whish that this information could have been put up as a sticky on this forum WvW section, so WvW players would know how this work and we would have less post about this being a bug. That is the main reason why posts like this happens.

@The Boz.2038
What you suggest about Skimmer in UW as a default mount can also introduce some other issues.

Mount is a mode which change your weapon and utility bar with a new set of skills (mounted skills) which in some cases also trigger other effects like "on swap" sigils, boundle items etc, so what you suggest would lead to less control for player for when those things might happen.

If you would auto summon Skimmer as fast you get in water or even close to water surface, then we have other issues like some instances you use special skills related to story or pick up bounded tools (not common, but still possible).

With Skimmer we also have the upgrades from Mastery which make it possible to Dive underwater with Skimmer, before that you are restricted to hover above every surface including water.

There is also the problem with control for player when things happen that aren't clear like when you skillbar for which summon of mount you will do when you use default mount (which is a way to use one single key instead of dedicated keybind for each mount) suddenly would change. That is the main problem for Warclaw right now as players that aren't aware that changing game mode from WvW into PvE while mounted will keep the default for which mount will be summon when it is being used.

I am not against your suggestion, but I think one have to think this through for what kind of impact it might have on other things as there are more going on in the background then only a summon of mount.

Edited by ShadowCatz.8437