What are the ideal specs that focus on healing and support that don't rely on stacking?

In essence, I'd like something that would allow me to carry bad or new-ish players through tougher content. As a support main, it makes it difficult to do anything for my party when they are kinda just spread out and don't stack or stand in my wells. I'm looking for something that will allow me to keep everyone alive and if possible, buff them without them needing to stack. Currently I found that Support Tempest and Support Scourge work really well for this, however Druid and Chrono leaves a lot to be desired when people are spread out. I haven't tried Firebrand, Renegade/Herald, or Scrapper. Would any of those be good choices?

Druid can work, but you generally have to focus on supporting anyone meleeing, as they are usually the most valuable players. Spirits also have a fairly large area of effect, and pets can generate some good CC. If the snipers (or the group) die a few times and find you fighting alone, tell them they're welcome to come closer go the action.

Passive agressiveness is a great way to make people play smarter.

Necromancer (reaper) could work, because it is an inherrently selfish class that doesn't really care what your allies are smoking. Necromancer can also teleport downed players for safer (or, if played "badly", lethal) resing, and can summon more minions if your living fodder (party members) aren't up for the task.

Glint Revenant can also work well, giving fury and 12 stacks of aoe might (because nobody is going to buff themselves). It also has great cc carry potential on staff 5, which makes fights with breakbars much shorter.

In short, the best support you can give noobs is CC and self reliant DPS - heals and buffs are wasted on them.

• 2 weeks later...

Necro scourge is imo the best "healer". The ability to 'move' corpses around and rezz them quickly is super strong. Your barrier casts are instant and so easy to position correctly as well.

When you say carry it depends what you mean..tilting the odds of surviving is carrying but some do that so well but they don't really make killing things faster to a point you didnt need to heal. So mesmer is like the kill them quick version but is the most reliant of your party not being clueless. Rev/Druid/Guard is a balance of both concepts. Necro is the never die baby sitter.

Ele...mmm..well...I feel like they are better off being a a dpsing buffing support...than a healer. Because to really upkeep healing you need to camp water..kinda limiting. While if you dps you still can visit water for a splash. If someone dies...:s eles ability to deal with deaths..not great imo. Still fun though.

@"aetemes.2603" said:Ele...mmm..well...I feel like they are better off being a a dpsing buffing support...than a healer. Because to really upkeep healing you need to camp water..kinda limiting. While if you dps you still can visit water for a splash. If someone dies...:s eles ability to deal with deaths..not great imo. Still fun though.

I've played a lot of heal tempest in T4s. Their rez capability is actually very strong: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Arcane_Resurrection

Definitely not as strong in that area as blood necro, but it's not bad.

• 2 weeks later...