2k Gem Warclaw skin will be.....

Samuel.4812

What do yall think? We may find out in a few hours but since its always a big departure from the base model I thought ti could be an interesting discussion.It has three skills which does narrow down what it could possibly be: 1. Battle Maul 2. Sniff 3. Chain pull.Considering this I think it will probably be a Bear!Someone suggested a Spider but I really dont know if spiders can sniff.

I'm disappointed. And if they'll offer these for 2k I'm definitely not gonna buy.

I thought, that since they included the Branded skin they should include it in the bundle with the rest of the Branded skins and for those who own that package it should be unlocked automatically.

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytI_r3ZqE90

None of these looks 2k-ish.

I predict the first premium skin will be a big fluffy kitten.

The 2000 gem skins tend to be complete reworks of the skin, such as the Shrine Guardian for the Jackal, the flying lion for the Griff, or that lizard thingy for the Springer, so that suggests the leopard, but I agree it doesn't appear to be worth 2000 gems.

I'd love to ride a Destroyer into battle, make it happen ANET!

@Mil.3562 said:

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

I predict one set of the four for 2k. Premium skins come probably much later.

You were right. Dang, I was hoping they would be individual licenses, there's only one I really want, and not interested in paying 2k to get it.

@Mil.3562 said:

I predict one set of the four for 2k. Premium skins come probably much later.

You were right. Dang, I was hoping they would be individual licenses, there's only one I really want, and not interested in paying 2k to get it.

Yeah, kinda bummed. I mean I only WvW on 2 different characters, so at most I would use 2 skins. Eventually it will go on sale for 1600 gems, but even then I don't think its worth it considering I spend the majority of my time in WvW on foot.

@"Straegen.2938" said:Yeah they missed on these skins. They look fairly similar to the original skin with some extra glow bits. 500g for this seems excessive.

I like having at least 1 skin which looks like the original because then I can have a "normal" mount but with colours which suit my characters colour schemes. But it is a shame they're only sold as a pack. I'd get 2, maybe 3 of them but I don't want all 5 so it's not really worth it.

I guess I'll wait and see what happens when they next release a mount licence pack (and then wait for them to go on sale because I don't buy select licences at full price either). If that includes Warclaw skins I like I'll get them instead.

A bit off topic now but I believe they released them in a pack like this because it IS a wvw mount. Its benefits are lackluster compared to every other mount in pve...

Thus if they had added these to the next major mount pack scores of non-wvw players would bemoan getting a warclaw skin they wont use. Its being safe on their part.That being said I would have much preferred a exo-suit, awakened, primevil, etc skin to the ones we were given with this mount pack. None of these fit the aesthetic of my wvw characters and with plenty of other sales coming up im just going to save my money in the hopes that the 2k gem skin is a large departure from the base model.

@"Balthazzarr.1349" said:2K skin? Maybe for some but even with all the gems I have there's no way I'll ever pay 2k for a skin...If it was really really good I would have considered it, but these really make no sense. Plus why would you want 5 skins? Even at 800 gems a pop or something its meh. Only advantage being more dye channels from what I heard, so you can make a green battlecat.

Yup, not buying it. Since I can't use two skins at the same time that's basically 2k gems for a single skin that's usually worth 400... Also integrating the branded skin was a terrible mistake. They could've done a "mount pack expansion" for each existing mount pack and add branded beetle and warclaw. That was the occasion, and they missed it.

If they were half as intelligent as they think they are, they'd follow the same mount rules as the others to some degree. I.e. sell individual ones for like 500 gems or the pack of 5 for 2000. Instead, they put all in a pack that is 2000 gems - but wait! You cannot buy exactly 2000 gems. For their first WvW-focused cosmetic and mount - not thrilling.

I really like a couple of the skins, but spending $30 on 2 skins is a little....stupid. I'll likely just wait to see if they eventually get smart and sell them separately. (Especially given none of the mounts have any special fancy effects!)