Roaming is evolving. In the past, you said don't play Necro & complain because it isn't suited. — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Roaming is evolving. In the past, you said don't play Necro & complain because it isn't suited.

EremiteAngel.9765EremiteAngel.9765 Member ✭✭✭✭

Many have told me in the past not to complain when choosing to use a Necro as a roamer because it isn't a class suited for roaming.
Go play in the zergs they say, or use a roaming class.
Now I would like to give this advice back to roamers who don't like the mount.
Don't play your current class/build if you think it cannot dismount players reliably in this mount meta.
Adapt to the new Roaming requirements and use a class/build that can work well if you want to be a roamer that can dismount players.

A Hermit's Tale - To The Edge of the Mists [Link Here]

Comments

• Kraljevo.2801Kraljevo.2801 Member ✭✭✭

Adjust my build to dismount players, you're a funny guy. I won't burn cooldowns to chase someone and put myself at a disadvantage.

I'll wait for a reliable way to dismount someone, be it via my own mount or any other way. Until then, I'll let them come to me.

WTB GW2 Classic Server

• borgs.6103borgs.6103 Member ✭✭✭

Just 1 shot backstab to dismount. Worst cooldown you'll use is steal, and they have to immediately use stunbreak after getting dismounted or they'll be a free bag.

Hi.

• jakt.9381jakt.9381 Member ✭✭

You need help dude. Go see a therapist.

Necro is fine for roaming if thats what you want to do. Look up Hollts on youtube. He has plenty of roaming footage.

• Clownmug.8357Clownmug.8357 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 12, 2019

Most of the people I fought have usually dismounted on their own first, so it seems like nothing has changed so long as everyone involved is a willing participant.

• DemonSeed.3528DemonSeed.3528 Member ✭✭✭✭

People never adapted, that's why they asked for mounts.

• Straegen.2938Straegen.2938 Member ✭✭✭

Now people are griping about all the pro-mount threads created despite the complete pre-mount blasting on the forums with the same negative topics hashed over and over. Several people posted dozens of times lamenting how horrible and unplayable WvW was going to be.

Pre-mount complaints: Added lag, haven't noticed it. Ruin roaming, yeah still going strong if not improved. It is going to be so OP in zerg fights... uhhh nope. Mounts are going to make taking objectives much more difficult... more fights and less PvD is now somehow a complaint apparently. Skirmish groups are going to get murdered by zergs, skirmish groups that are fully mounted are now far more difficult to take down and more efficient at flipping objectives.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.