Is the Warclaw just a reskinned Griffon?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Danikat.8537 said:In the sense that it's a quadruped? I guess you could say that.

But it doesn't move like the griffon, has different abilities and of course it can't fly, so it's highly unlikely they actually used the griffon model as a basis for it.

They actually did. They said so on Guild Chat. They removed the wings from the griffon, which was their base for what would eventually become the Warclaw.

@Danikat.8537 said:In the sense that it's a quadruped? I guess you could say that.

But it doesn't move like the griffon, has different abilities and of course it can't fly, so it's highly unlikely they actually used the griffon model as a basis for it.

This is 100% wrongAnet already stated it's a Griffon reskin, abilities have nothing to do with skeleton and it does move the same.It is HIGHLY LIKELY they used the griffon model as a basis for it. They even said so.OUCH!

@Adul.1520 said:

They actually did. They said so on Guild Chat. They removed the wings from the griffon, which was their base for what would eventually become the Warclaw.

Ah ok, I don't watch Guild Chat except on the very rare occasions someone tells me there's something worth watching (I prefer text articles) and the way they move looks quite different to me.

But even so it has different animations and very different abilities so I don't really see how it can be considered the same mount.

@HisElysium.9721 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:So what? Where's the issue? Saving work to remodel the exact same thing so what gives

The issue is its marketed as it being a unique mount when its not and then releasing a 2000 recolor skin pack a week later.

Did they? I don't remember them using the word unique. Either way they are two distinct mounts, the Warclaw and the Griffon have different abilities and different roles.

@HisElysium.9721 said:

@"Blocki.4931" said:So what? Where's the issue? Saving work to remodel the exact same thing so what gives

The issue is its marketed as it being a unique mount when its not and then releasing a 2000 recolor skin pack a week later.

"Issue" indeed.

So it has..a unique design, outside of the basic skeletonunique animationa unique engage ability with its own effect (bleed) and finishing downstates in WvWit's own mobility skill, though that is basically just the Jackal (makes sense since other things would break the WvW even more)ability to attack gates in WvWability to sniff out enemies in a large radius in WvW

But yes, the fact it uses the skeleton that already exists is a big issue that makes the entire mount not unique in any way, shape or form.

@Adul.1520 said:They actually did. They said so on Guild Chat. They removed the wings from the griffon, which was their base for what would eventually become the Warclaw.

Exactly. The Warclaw is basically a heavily modified griffon.

Incidentally, I'm still kinda sad they didn't make a Dolyak mount for WvW. They said they considered it, but they would have had to make the entire mount from scratch (since the Dolyak currently in WvW is nowhere near being complex enough to be adapted into a mount), and so they realized it would be easier to just modify the griffon into something new.

Was that a bit cheap? Yes, it was. Then again, we did get the Warclaw completely for free, so it doesn't bother me (other than how I would really have liked a Dolyak mount).

It makes sense it'd be based on the Griff, especially with the wrinklecat and grand lion skins already in the game. That's actually why I find it odd that they chose 'cat' for the Warclaw, since that already has so much representation in the Griff skins. Something like hoofbeasts would have filled a yet-untapped slot.

Tell me you wouldn't have little Lion King flashbacks if a zerg on water buffalos, deer, or dolyaks came crashing over a hill toward you.

Oh yeah? And a reef drake is just a reskinned river drake. A polar bear is just a reskinned brown bear. A jungle spider is just a reskinned forest spider. And on and on and on.

So what's your fucking point?

@HisElysium.9721 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:So what? Where's the issue? Saving work to remodel the exact same thing so what gives

Are you insinuating some sort of false advertisement? We weren't charged anything extra for the mount. It was free, as long as you own the PoF expansion.

What are you expecting of us? Band together and file a class-action lawsuit against ArenanNet because they reused the same mount skeleton?

It's simple: if you don't want to buy the new mount skins, then don't. Nobody is forcing you to buy them.

It's stupid to come here with some dumbass excuse to try and convince others who may buy the skins not to, simply because you don't like it.