Musical Instrument Issues Since Nov. 26 Patch [Merged]

• 2 weeks later...

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:Hey folks,

I moved comments from the GW2 Discussion subforum to this Bugs subforum, and merged the threads. I have reached out to our QA and Audio Teams on this topic, after checking the Known Issue Tracker. However, as others have pointed out, there are key parameters for a hot fix to which an instrument issue would not conform. The teams are aware of your concerns, though, and thanks for sharing the details.

Will we get fix on the next patch? being aware of our concerns is not enough. We need you guys to fix it, but not in 5 or 6 months.You guys need the fix on the next patch.Thanks.

I am sorry, but I don't know anything more. I have asked QA and the Sound Team if they have any information to share, or questions to ask. I hope one of the team members will be able to update this thread soon.

We haven't had any update on this mater. Do you know if they are near a solution or improvement of the old code?If you guys manage to fix the code, we hope it is a better and improved code that allows faster key pressing so we can play more complex music.

Thanks!

Maybe get a fix by 2020 ? I have lost hope for this getting resolved anytime soon. There has been no communication thus far and Galle is no longer with Anet. Who letting people know that things are broke. I'm sure the soon to be overworked staff will have all the time to read the forums and say hey lets fix the harp....

I'm guardiagiurata and i just created a new wonderful song, but i must use only medium and high notes because seems the harp is not more like good old years ago!I mean that when i use a macro as said in previous posts my character will not play the same exact notes as on the website here, http://gw2mb.com/harp.php , my song here is awesome! I absolutely need to play it properly in game and i hope Anet will soon resolve this big issue. P.S: If this can help to know how to solve the problem, i noticed that harp isn't switching to higher notes but only to lower and medium. I already created a macro using medium and higher notes and it worked like a charm but lower notes are deleted doing this, please help!!! Thanks

@Excursion.9752 said:Still no feed back from a Dev in the thread so I am not holding my breath. But either way I hope it gets fixed soon. I am going to have to change the strings on my harps its been so long... lol.

@WyvrnRipsnarl.5918 said:I have gotten a comeback from CS on the issue: The issue is known; there is currently no time frame on a fix, but it is in the works!

I don't think there will be public announcement on the case, since it is an hindrance but it's a minorly hindrance compared to like the WvW mount something.Devs still have the bug on the workshop, now it's mostly waiting for not a huge bump in delay!

• 2 weeks later...

Come one Anet get your excrement together and fix this bug. It is taking too long!If you are working on it, the least we could expect is an improved code that allows you to play more complicated music. If you are just going to fix it by setting it back to the way it was, then it is going to be a huge disappointment considering that it took you 126+ days to fix a simple bug.

• Broken on December 26, 2018
  • We are on march 31, 2019

126 days and counting!

• 2 weeks later...

I am about spent on this topic. We had the same Ex-Anet employee comment in November, December, and January and there has been no correspondence since on these forums. I understand WyvrnRipsnarl.5918 got a response back from customer support saying the issue is known and they are looking into it. I personally think It would be nice to see something official in this topic.

This is a gem store item that is broke and I find the time it has taken to fix this to be unreasonable at this point. It broke right around the Wintersday update and its been around 5 to 6 months and this issue has not been resolved. It is my understanding and this may not totally be accurate because I was talking about this issue in game with another player. That this happened a year before the current issue also when the bell choir was released during Wintersday and then it was fixed months later.

Could we please get a response? I have been very impress recently with the amount of interaction anet has had with the players please don't stop now!

@"Excursion.9752"

Issue have been filled around end November, so it has been more time than you imagine. The last staff member that replied to this as far as I remember was Gaile, which is unfortunately not in the workplace anymore... :cry: .

I might relaunch a Support Ticket if we don't get anything by the end of April. I don't want to push the issue too far, but at this point it ruinned most of the Music Guilds; and so I do believe it is in DIRE need of a fix or at least an actual update point. I'll be waiting War Eternal and if it's not fixed by then, then I'll relaunch the issue.

I do not condone mass pushing; but if you choose to also send a Ticket, that might help re-up the priority of the bug.

To ANet Devs though, this issue might be one of the reason people leave left and right, at least in the music guild department of the player base. Please take time to answer this or at least give a "Current Situation" news on it. I am not the only one who enjoy playing music in-game, and this issue HIGHLY been frustrating, making me going for other games between Story Releases. As I stated in my thread yesterday morning, Communication is doing better, but THERE IS a lot of WAY yet to go!

EDIT = ALSO: According to Onesimus; the bug is known... yet it is not filled in the Known Issue Tracker, last up date is about to be two months old (February 25th 2019), this needs to be updated (especially with the new Mindset of the Company towards Communication)!

There is no point putting posters in the streets if the veteran playerbase leaves. At least this is what I would say...

(Yes I know at this point it's mostly ranting... but it has to be said.)

Well considering there is over 1700 Scripts currently before the issue came out, minus those that might have been deleted (who knows).The better solution for the playerbase, would be to have a fix on the issue, rather than fixing every single scripts.

That's why I said your favourite... takes me about a minute to fix a script, but I'd rather not be doing it for 1700 minutes.

Also please try to avoid posting "Solved!" in an issue thread that the issue is still present, who knows if the devs will consider this as solved when it's not.

Yeah, just in case the Dev team think that I applied a patch in their system to a known issue. I'm sure they might get confused, down tools and move on. You can clearly see from the post that the "Solved" is regarding finding the issue and not resolving it... Carry on and do something useful like find the symptoms to another bug instead of trolling threads :-P

• 2 weeks later...

I also hope for a fix. Making music for others is such a great thing to do and really adds to the game, but the old songs don't work anymore :(I'm also not gonna buy any more instruments (I just have 2) until this issue is fixed. And I can't recommend anyone to buy them as long as this issue remains.Please fix this issue Anet, it's important for many players!