Armistice Bastion suggestion

I love the new map Armistice Bastion. As a WvW player, its a beautifully crafted VIP area and I think it was probably the best gems I have ever spent. So thank you very much for this wonderful map Anet! I really love the dueling aspect of the map, it makes me want to spend more time here than WvW sometimes! And thats a great thing. But I just have two little suggestions and I'm curious if you could somehow implement it.

The first is it possible to somehow show on a persons buff bar what team they are on? It's kinda hard to see the team colors at night in particular, and unless they say what team they are on the only way to find out is by joining the teams.

The second suggestion is probably a bit harder, but I was just having a fun duel with a Soulbeast while a Chronomancer who hasn't flagged for either of the three teams watched. They would drop wells on use and mass invis in the middle of the fight, kinda ruining the fun. I don't mind if someone is flagged for PvP who jumps in to help their friend, but this player was not flagged for PvP and still interfering with the fight. Could it be possible to perhaps not allow players who are not currently flagged up for one of the three teams to give other players Boons or Status abilities like invisible? Its another thing if they are flagged up for PvP, but when you can't do anything to stop them, its a bit frustrating.

Thanks again for this lovely spot. I would encourage any WvWers to pick it up as well, I think its a great place for us to hang out and duel. :)

I somewhat wish they'd let participation tick down if you switched to it. That way you can idle away the reward track progress there instead of taking up a slot in one of the borderlands. Nothing crucial, but it'd be a nice little touch for those who owns it. Maybe a toggle somewhere at an NPC in the Bastion so it doesn't decrease for those that wants to save it between their WvW sessions?

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

@Ben K.6238 said:I'll think about picking it up when/if the crafting stations get re-added to normal WvW zones. Removing them from general access and then restoring them only in a paid area is rather... not cool.

I very much doubt they will do that - they don't want people crafting taking up slots in the map.

Maybe they could add them to the Edge of the Mists? It was annoying when there was a queue and it might just be because a bunch of people wanted to craft/access the bank without going to a town in PvE, but it was also extremely convenient to have that access to crafting stations.

@Absconditus.6804 said:I somewhat wish they'd let participation tick down if you switched to it. That way you can idle away the reward track progress there instead of taking up a slot in one of the borderlands. Nothing crucial, but it'd be a nice little touch for those who owns it.

Personally I'd prefer not to have participation drop there, so I'm not losing participation every time I visit the 'town' for other things. And now participation is saved after you leave WvW there's not really any reason to go AFK and let it run down.

@Ben K.6238 said:I'll think about picking it up when/if the crafting stations get re-added to normal WvW zones. Removing them from general access and then restoring them only in a paid area is rather... not cool.

I can understand why, but I don't see it happening. As others have said, taking up que spots for crafting isn't fun. I do honestly wish the Armistice Bastion wasn't VIP and was just an overflow lobby for WvW. But I understand why they didn't and made it VIP.

@Absconditus.6804 said:I somewhat wish they'd let participation tick down if you switched to it. That way you can idle away the reward track progress there instead of taking up a slot in one of the borderlands. Nothing crucial, but it'd be a nice little touch for those who owns it.

Yeah I thought about that too, but like Danikat said I think its better that participation doesn't decrease when you're in town now. Maybe if they could implement a VIP toggle on/off? That might be more trouble than its worth, but it be a great QoL fix for us WvWers.

I also saw this suggestion on reddit and wanted to repost it here: Could it be possible to get the WvW Laurel merchant tabs added to the Laurel Merchant in the Bastion? Another small QoL change that could make the VIP area truly special for us WvWers. Thanks.

I have another suggestion. Can we filter out Armistice chat from normal Team Chat? They're normally not talking about anything to do with WvW, and not making scout calls. Rather than blocking all of them, or turning off team chat completely, can we just filter that out?

Yes, there is a reason why the crafting stations were a problem in the home borderlands (although that's become less of an issue over time as population dwindles). However, they haven't been moved to Obsidian Sanctum or EotM where there would be no such problem.

@"meb.6285" said:I have another suggestion. Can we filter out Armistice chat from normal Team Chat? They're normally not talking about anything to do with WvW, and not making scout calls. Rather than blocking all of them, or turning off team chat completely, can we just filter that out?

Isn't that just Team chat normally? On my server it's always been like that. Occasionally someone will ask for people to switch maps, but other than that it's just chatter and the occasional person saying "INC" followed by jokes that the enemy are everywhere.

@meb.6285 said:Can we also not have our default mount over-written when we visit this place? It doesn't happen every time, I believe it might just be when you log out there.

what do you mean with that? i'm not flaming you btw or anything but when i'm there i can only use the wvw mount anyway so i thought because is in mist wars area you can't use the rest (if you mean that). or you mean the skin?

@Mogrey.3891 said:

@meb.6285 said:Can we also not have our default mount over-written when we visit this place? It doesn't happen every time, I believe it might just be when you log out there.

what do you mean with that? i'm not flaming you btw or anything but when i'm there i can only use the wvw mount anyway so i thought because is in mist wars area you can't use the rest (if you mean that). or you mean the skin?

Your default mount (the one listed on the screen, if you just hit your 'mount hotkey') gets overwritten with the Warclaw. I don't know what all triggers it, but if you log out in Armistice Bastion on that character, then log back in. Go to a PvE zone, and if you had, say, the Jackal as your default mount, it's now the Warclaw.

@meb.6285 said:

Your default mount (the one listed on the screen, if you just hit your 'mount hotkey') gets overwritten with the Warclaw. I don't know what all triggers it, but if you log out in Armistice Bastion on that character, then log back in. Go to a PvE zone, and if you had, say, the Jackal as your default mount, it's now the Warclaw.

Oh I see what you mean. As a wvw player who rarely venture in pve I would never really notice. Probably that will get a fix though I can't know when.

@meb.6285 said:I have another suggestion. Can we filter out Armistice chat from normal Team Chat? They're normally not talking about anything to do with WvW, and not making scout calls. Rather than blocking all of them, or turning off team chat completely, can we just filter that out?To be fair, I kinda like that it is linked. While I'm there, thanks to the fact that I can see the calls for assistance to defend various locations, I have been able to hop over to the map briefly to help with fighting off enemy forces before hopping back to the Bastion and continuing with what I was doing. I wouldn't be able to do that without the chat being linked. And yeah Team chat has basically always been a little bit like that, brief periods of time with chatter about random stuff. I've never been bothered by that, I can sift out what is an actual call for assistance.

• 1 month later...

The suggestion of filtering out the Armistice from the teamchat is a good one! It should at least become an option in my opinion.Next to that I would like to see the teamchat becoming visible where ever one may be in that moment, not being able to talk, but being able to read it will help us WvW players a lot when we are doing random stuff. So get me right, DO NOT MAKE IT POSSIBLE TO TALK FROM WHERE EVER! Only readable ;)

To those suggestion we filter out the Armistice Bastion, I do agree the having it be Read Only is actually a better idea, but I will let anyone who isn't aware: By clicking on the little cog icon in the upper left hand corner of your chat window, you can select the "Show Channel Tag" box. This will show a tag next to every sentence in the game to show what chat filter its from. For example, talking in Say chat will get a in front of it. Map gets [M]. Team gets [T]. It also for WvW will get the Boarderland they are on. So you chatting in Team chat on Green Boarderlands will say: [T][GBL]. It does this for RBL, BBL, EBG and even OS for Obsidian Sanctum. If someone is chatting from the Artistice Bastion, next to their name will just be [T] to show they are not in a WvW map at the moment.

While this of course doesn't stop spam from people chatting about unrelated things in the Armistice Bastion filling up the Team Chat, it can at least help somewhat when looking for call outs. You can ignore team chats that only have a [T] attached to them because they're in the Bastion. But lets be real here, spam in team chat has existed long before the Armistice Bastion and even if it became Read Only it wouldn't really change a whole lot.

• 1 year later...