Reasons Why I Hate the Mists

Eurantien.4632

1. The clouds don't move.
  2. It's always daylight and always fucking dark. Edit: There is a night - It's also dark.
  3. The "music" suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks, why can't we get like real gw2 music?
  4. There are waterfalls coming out of the sides of rocks and there is water seemingly coming out of the sand in some places... how? why?
  5. NPCs sometimes stomp themselves.
  6. The rev NPC throws you off the cliff in downed state.
  7. The ranger NPC doesn't have a pet.
  8. Your feet clip through the ground in many places.

I miss the old mists.

@"Eurantien.4632" said:

1. The clouds don't move.
  2. It's always daylight and always kitten dark.
  3. The "music" suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks, why can't we get like real gw2 music?
  4. There are waterfalls coming out of the sides of rocks and there is water seemingly coming out of the sand in some places... how? why?

I miss the old mists.

In terms of PvP flavor, I wish the lore reason and setting for GW2 PvP was the Lion's Arch Arenas. Kind of like how WoW's Arenas are canonically run by the Steamweedle Cartel.

I think the place is really nice with new QoL stuff, however it has the same one issue that made me avoid that place like a plague if I could help it (shame I can only change my build inside there) and it is that it is so darn depressing and eerie and dead and creepy and..... Look, I understand it is the "afterlife", but the whole concept of afterlife is that it is LIFE afterLIFE, not death afterdeath! Bring colors, maybe pieces of the Grove that Ventari "summons" so that dead sylvari can find their place, or something magical like that, not everything have to be 255 shades of grey and blue. (it doesnt help the sour/salty mood many players already have when getting out of their matches)

@"Fortus.6175" said:I think the place is really nice with new QoL stuff, however it has the same one issue that made me avoid that place like a plague if I could help it (shame I can only change my build inside there) and it is that it is so darn depressing and eerie and dead and creepy and..... Look, I understand it is the "afterlife", but the whole concept of afterlife is that it is LIFE afterLIFE, not death afterdeath! Bring colors, maybe pieces of the Grove that Ventari "summons" so that dead sylvari can find their place, or something magical like that, not everything have to be 255 shades of grey and blue. (it doesnt help the sour/salty mood many players already have when getting out of their matches)

This is why I never queue in Heart of the Mists. I usually do so sitting down in a relaxing spot in Divinity's Reach.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@"Fortus.6175" said:I think the place is really nice with new QoL stuff, however it has the same one issue that made me avoid that place like a plague if I could help it (shame I can only change my build inside there) and it is that it is so darn depressing and eerie and dead and creepy and..... Look, I understand it is the "afterlife", but the whole concept of afterlife is that it is LIFE afterLIFE, not death afterdeath! Bring colors, maybe pieces of the Grove that Ventari "summons" so that dead sylvari can find their place, or something magical like that, not everything have to be 255 shades of grey and blue. (it doesnt help the sour/salty mood many players already have when getting out of their matches)

This is why I never queue in Heart of the Mists. I usually do so sitting down in a relaxing spot in Divinity's Reach.

I often do it in a secret spot in The Groove, but sometimes i want to practice my rotation, or tweak my build a bit, or try different variants of the build while I wait for my 5-6 minutes queue to end, there seem to be so few eles playing at my rank that the game seems to have a hard time putting one on the other team, and I dont want to queue on another class so I can get in faster because i would rather be stuck in a 4.5 vs 4.5 than in a 4.5 v 5 (funnily enough, I often see the ele on the enemy team just INSTANTLY switch to another class, I have an SSD so Im usually the first one in the lobby, I can tell when their icon appear and then immediately disappear as quickly, and soon enough, bam, another class). But yeah, I wish I could at the very least change build stuff in PvE, maybe give me some practice bots in the main cities (like in WoW) which I can beat senseless while I wait.

This. Music is meh, having to glide to go anywhere without waypointing is annoying, npcs are buggy, nothing to do in the mists while we wait cause FFA arena is a fustercluck and is designed poorly (please wall every side so the ccing people off the cliff or a roll back skill taking you off the cliff doesn't happen), colors are very greyscale, no change in the environment ever. Very boring indeed, please consider making it more interesting (possibly even expand it to give access to copies of the pvp maps themselves so you could explore them or have more places to go in your time during queues).

• 1 year later...