[Poll] Weapon for the next Ranger Elite Specialization

Sodeni.6041

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something I was discussing with people in game earlier today. Give Rangers a Rifle, make the pets (both) be out all the time, and give them a hunter theme. No clue about skills though. As for a non-ranged option, Hammer would be fun, but no clue what the theme might be.

• 6 months later...

I would love some Bunny Thumper Hammer nostalgia... but to me, it doesn't so much fit the ranger.

I guess rifle would make a lot of sense, hunters do use guns (and ranger is kind of a hunter (even if not in the same sense), we use harpoon guns already). I'd like to see shield though, some sort of nature barrier to protect yourself (perhaps allies too ;d). Druid is mainly a healing spec, it would be nice to have a tankier/protection spec... but that's just my playstyle. I'd equally be fine with a damage weapon and more ranger pewpew (but I guess I'd prefer rifle for that..), but it feels like there is already a lot of that.

I'm not sure how they'd make rifle work without making it another longbow, or making it different enough that both would still be viable.

@Revolution.5409 said:Anything that can give aoe dmg.Hammer for a physical style or scepter for a magical mid-range style, these are my preferences.It would be nice to see an offensive version of Celestial Avatar in game

I would actually prefer 2 one handed weapons instead of just hammer.Two maces would be nice for earth shattering magic. Maces just dont have good visual designs.Double scepter would also fit this slot.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

@Revolution.5409 said:Anything that can give aoe dmg.Hammer for a physical style or scepter for a magical mid-range style, these are my preferences.It would be nice to see an offensive version of Celestial Avatar in game

I would actually prefer 2 one handed weapons instead of just hammer.Two maces would be nice for earth shattering magic. Maces just dont have good visual designs.Double scepter would also fit this slot.

2 one handed weapons would be nice, but I thought this theme of using more weapons is more suitable for a warrior than a ranger, so my choice went on hammer, but if not, I would accept with pleasure to equip 2 maces :)

@kappa.2036 said:Honestly, i really don't understand how can you guys vote rifle. The majority of ranger's weapons already have too much projectiles: longbow, shortbow, axe mainhand, and almost all offhand weapons have atleast 1 projectile skill. As if this were not enough, most of the ranger's weapons skills are single-target. WE NEED an AoE weaponset without projectiles, with useful combo fields and combo finishers. I think hammer, scepter/focus or mace/shield might cover this role.

I was thinking this myself. How would they be able to make rifle different to longbow? I imagine it would play a very similar way. I will admit that rifles do look cool though.Personally I voted hammer because HAMMERS ARE AWESOME but I would be all for another melee 1h wep (both main hand or off-hand).

• 2 weeks later...

@"Blogert.7510" said:A shield would be fantastic. Something a bit more cc/engage oriented to pair with the dexterous sword. Could be grand with the throwing axe as well for that close range control. I'd certainly like to see a power focused specialization no matter what. If going with a shield, dumping a bunch of barrier into it in return for a real pet-less class would be pretty awesome. Like a warden of nature.

I'm game for a rifle as well! As a power weapon. Perhaps like a shotgun? Something a bit shorter than the longbow but with lots of area of effect. A cone based auto attack instead of a projectile one would be super nice at 600 or 800 range. If we're rolling with a rifle, the pet's gotta stay.

yeah it would be awesome to see more Shields in the game! And flavourwise it would fit ranger so well with something like this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Targe or a bucklerwe can dream, i guess

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

@Pedro Sequeira.3198 said:Would love the ranger to take on the aspect of a stealthy hunter, kind of like the Predator or even Rengar from LoL. Doesn't have to be like a thief, want it to bemore like a patient hunter, ya know? Totally clueless on what weapon to choose tho, love all the ideas :P

Read a really interesting weapon idea for Theif.Whip.

I've been trying to land a patient hunter gameplay with LB. It's the only thing that feels right to me regarding LB open world. (cue the choking gas + glass arrows!)

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

@Ryrok.1302 said:Rangers have so many cool off-hand weapon options that it's a shame they're so limited in main-hand weapons.

Yeah but ranger has so many ranged options i rather want a weapon that hits an area in front of you in melee range instead of a onehanded LB/SB replacement.Idk what rifle and pistol want to cover ranger hasnt got yet.

Maybe the polearm would work here also. Someone suggested it in warrior thread. But now you have me thinking about Warden in lotro. Would look excellent if we could display both weapon sets simultaneously.