One shot builds in gw2

@DemonSeed.3528 said:

@"Kovu.7560" said:Apparently I can't edit "Lpvi" from my phone. I am Lpvi today.Its also worth noting rangers I talk to tend to get more about OH axe than mainhand axe these days. I haven't tried it myself yet, though.

When I can't get much off with my mh axe I just bait them in for my oh axe. I can actually just camp in axe and use pet for movement until it gets really ugly but you can get some pretty nice dmg once you bait them into it.

I keep meaning to try it -- I just can't get over my addiction to warhorn. Between the boons, blast finisher, unblockable and synergy between wh4 + wolf pack I just get so much mileage out of it. Between mh axe and longbow being entirely projectile-based, sometimes landing a wh4 is the difference between killing a mirage or being killed by it.

~ Kovu

@Kovu.7560 said:

@Kovu.7560 said:Apparently I can't edit "Lpvi" from my phone. I am Lpvi today.Its also worth noting rangers I talk to tend to get more about OH axe than mainhand axe these days. I haven't tried it myself yet, though.

When I can't get much off with my mh axe I just bait them in for my oh axe. I can actually just camp in axe and use pet for movement until it gets really ugly but you can get some pretty nice dmg once you bait them into it.

I keep meaning to try it -- I just can't get over my addiction to warhorn. Between the boons, blast finisher, unblockable and synergy between wh4 + wolf pack I just get so much mileage out of it. Between mh axe and longbow being entirely projectile-based, sometimes landing a wh4 is the difference between killing a mirage or being killed
by
it.

~ Kovu

I used to not like warhorn much until I spent more time on it, and I too find it hard to stop using it. It's just really useful for me but I've decided to give the ole' axes some time - also because I'm looking for nice axe skins :P and I am seeing more people use it. Usually I wouldn't bother much with OH axe though but it does have it's uses. wh4 is one of my fave things though.

@GaijinGuy.8476 said:One shot builds exist and like others have said they usually are very very squishy. If you can avoid their first burst you can probably get them easy. I have been hit by a few mirage and deadeye one shot builds because I wasn't paying attention. The second time I encountered them though it was a different story :)Don't let your guard down!

Largely agreed.TBH 1-shot power spikes are so rampant now, almost every class has it.Fresh Air Weavers, Deadeyes, Core Guards, Rifle Warriors etc. etc. even Reapers!Playing a 1-shot glass build, you've got to be prepared to fight other 1-shot glass builds.Unfortunately, 1-shot glass builds favor those with access to invis so classes who don't are pretty much on the losing end.

The elephant in the room on this topic is that we all know that there are people (more than some admit) using macros and hacks (quite a different thing than burst damage that happens to kill someone right off) whose attacks get passed off as being the result one or more of the above circumstances (mostly speculation). Frankly, if you need to cheat it's because you are no damn good in the first place, so it's merely an irritation as far as I'm concerned. I don't consider it a legit kill and have zero respect for the people that feel the need to stoop to that sort of thing.

@"flyingplanet.6912" said:So I have seen many negative comments about one shot thief builds (backstab or death judgement)Now what would you say?0H2Txhn.jpg

People mad because they get 1 shotted. It happens. Thief already got nerfed to hell, and won't rest until it hits 100 criticals with every skill it has because "stealth is a broken game mechanic." its not with all the reveals, AoEs, and stealth tracking multiple classes have.

The profile picture is deceiving, because I don't main thief anymore, and haven't for a long time.

@GaijinGuy.8476 said:

@"xZombieTaco.5809" said:"stealth is a broken game mechanic." its not with all the reveals, AoEs, and stealth tracking multiple classes have.

I agree with what you say here, however I hate how DE can overcome this easily with the elite skill.

Whats embarrassing is the piss poor state they let other thief builds get to over DE. Slowly whittling them down to be more and more useless until they finally properly handled DE. Now they wont ever be brought back up to where they should have been left. They could have directly nerfed DE but they chose to whittle down core thief traits as well.

@Duckota.4769 said:

Whats embarrassing is the kitten poor state they let other thief builds get to over DE. Slowly whittling them down to be more and more useless until they finally properly handled DE. Now they wont ever be brought back up to where they should have been left. They could have directly nerfed DE but they chose to whittle down core thief traits as well.

Can agree here too.

Revs will dear far more damage to you than that in 2 hits than the 8 hits or so you listed. CoR is on a lower cool down, hits just as hard against someone in zerker gear, and it hits multiple people. Phase smash hits even harder than that, and both CoR and Phase smash have longer range than winters bite

The point is, Rangers don't have much value in WvW as is other than making scourge's lives miserable. The last thing they need is a nerf in any form. If you got hit with a phase smash in zerker gear with earth runes; you're probably looking at a good 23K-26K hit easily.

How valuable exactly is a Soulbeast in a zerg running around carrying axes? Remember, we are in a large scale pvp mode here... this isn't pvp mode with small groups.

@xZombieTaco.5809 said:

@"flyingplanet.6912" said:So I have seen many negative comments about one shot thief builds (backstab or death judgement)Now what would you say?
0H2Txhn.jpg

People mad because they get 1 shotted. It happens. Thief already got nerfed to hell, and won't rest until it hits 100 criticals with every skill it has because "stealth is a broken game mechanic." its not with all the reveals, AoEs, and stealth tracking multiple classes have.

The profile picture is deceiving, because I don't main thief anymore, and haven't for a long time.

+1 shot is not restricted to only thief but thanks to Anet ignoring +1 shot toxicity; all professions are capable of +1 shotting.

+1 shotting many at once--Elementalist make Greatsword Necromancer look like trashhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvHowgyvrto

Anet is to be blamed for the toxicity of +1` shotting

----by the way, did you know that even the mount-wareclaw can +1 shot too?? Yup!! -----

@tippolit.3591 said:The elephant in the room on this topic is that we all know that there are people (more than some admit) using macros and hacks (quite a different thing than burst damage that happens to kill someone right off) whose attacks get passed off as being the result one or more of the above circumstances (mostly speculation). Frankly, if you need to cheat it's because you are no kitten good in the first place, so it's merely an irritation as far as I'm concerned. I don't consider it a legit kill and have zero respect for the people that feel the need to stoop to that sort of thing.

Depends, I used to get accused of hacking and using macros a lot simply because I rarely play meta and people didn't understand what I was doing. It's also gotten significantly easier to play some classes and builds because of new options like the AoE snap to target etc which significantly reduce the time and effort needed to pull off a combo.

I have no doubt that players exist that use macros, but honestly, anything that you'd use a macro for is doable if you have a gaming mouse and you're willing to change keybinds to suit whatever combo you want to use.

@TexZero.7910 said:

@"zionophir.6845" said:must be a third party plugin like arcdps

Let me just stop you right there.It ain't a 3rd party problem it's a l2p issue as the OP is running pure glass against pure glass. His house got shattered and so he took the only route he can, come complain on the forums.

Youre clueless.This oneshot build has been around for Months.

Totally a l2p issue,lmao.

Dear lord, atleast follow the chain there. I never said 1 shot build didn't exist.I said they're not exploiters just because you died to them.

Dear lord ! You said its a L2p issue,im showing you Why this is Not a L2p issue.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

Let me just stop you right there.It ain't a 3rd party problem it's a l2p issue as the OP is running pure glass against pure glass. His house got shattered and so he took the only route he can, come complain on the forums.

that looks balanced... if players can get carried... its balanced for gw2 standards.

Working as intended.

one of my favorite showcase video of Power Creep-the man face reaction = Priceless

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@"flyingplanet.6912" said:So I have seen many negative comments about one shot thief builds (backstab or death judgement)Now what would you say?
0H2Txhn.jpg

+1 shot is not restricted to only thief but thanks to Anet ignoring +1 shot toxicity; all professions are capable of +1 shotting.

+1 shotting many at once--Elementalist make Greatsword Necromancer look like trash

Anet is to be blamed for the toxicity of +1` shotting

----by the way, did you know that even the mount-wareclaw can +1 shot too?? Yup!! -----

LOLChurning earth is a 3sec cast with a big tellIf you get killed by this you have should Go back to tutorials.All hard hitting skills in gw2 have big tells If you die to one its entirely your fault.

Hell, i play staff zerk ele with 200ping and i can press dodge,why cant you ?

@Caedmon.6798 said:

Dear lord, atleast follow the chain there. I never said 1 shot build didn't exist.I said they're not exploiters just because you died to them.

Dear lord ! You said its a L2p issue,im showing you Why this is Not a L2p issue.

Yeah this is a l2p issue. Not dodging before churning earth goes off and you get ported too.... its like not dodging at the end of an enemy core guard focus 5 when you're the only target around for him. Def l2p. I dodge it then auto attack and this weaver would probably fold over dead in full glass gear.

@spectrito.8513 said:LOLChurning earth is a 3sec cast with a big tellIf you get killed by this you have should Go back to tutorials.All hard hitting skills in gw2 have big tells If you die to one its entirely your fault.

Good luck with seeing the one Ele in middle of zerg which is casting it ...

@wanya.1697 said:

@spectrito.8513 said:LOLChurning earth is a 3sec cast with a big tellIf you get killed by this you have should Go back to tutorials.All hard hitting skills in gw2 have big tells If you die to one its entirely your fault.

Good luck with seeing the one Ele in middle of zerg which is casting it ...

Well, a ele can cast churning earth from 900range(lightning flash range), not die and hit you in the middle of a zerg, he deserves a medal!

Try to replicate it and post a video of your attempts wil be really fun to watch ?

@Duckota.4769 said:

Yeah this is a l2p issue. Not dodging before churning earth goes off and you get ported too.... its like not dodging at the end of an enemy core guard focus 5 when you're the only target around for him. Def l2p. I dodge it then auto attack and this weaver would probably fold over dead in full glass gear.

Yeah it's a l2p issue being hit for 40 - 50k from stealth.

@Caedmon.6798 said:

Yeah it's a l2p issue being hit for 40 - 50k from stealth.

Yeah it is. In every instance in this video I see some dude stealth behind me while running towards me and chain evades until his stealth ends or I die just like these people. (Im not saying this build should be a thing. I'm saying it definitely a l2p thing as well)

@Caedmon.6798 said:Dear lord ! You said its a L2p issue,im showing you Why this is Not a L2p issue.

It very much is a L2p issue. They clearly had no clue this existed in the game and wasn't exploiting.Instead of learning what each class is capable of the user came here and started screaming that the people must be cheating or exploiting some how.

If you don't see that as a L2p issue then your understanding of the game is every bit as bad as theirs.

Game was much better before all the power creep that allowed these gimmicks to exist. I liked it better pre-HoT when it was "holy shit that thief just backstabbed me for 12k".. now that's practically just a single autoattack for some. :s

(I also wish blasting fields was still a major thing instead of healbots, but.. different issue.)

@TexZero.7910 said:

@Caedmon.6798 said:Dear lord ! You said its a L2p issue,im showing you Why this is Not a L2p issue.

It very much is a L2p issue. They clearly had no clue this existed in the game and wasn't exploiting.Instead of learning what each class is capable of the user came here and started screaming that the people must be cheating or exploiting some how.

If you don't see that as a L2p issue then your understanding of the game is every bit as bad as theirs.

Righto,because everyone knows about this SLB build able do 50k in One Hit,stop bullshiting yourself already with L2p comments.