Mesmery question from a newbie — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Mesmery question from a newbie

LucianDK.8615LucianDK.8615 Member ✭✭✭✭

I am trying to check out mirages in the pvp lobby to see if I can get a feel for the class. But one thing is vexing me. Looking at the rotation guide it says to shatter twice during lingering thoughts in a shatter rotation? how is that possible? since one use breaks all your clones.

Comments

• Solori.6025Solori.6025 Member ✭✭✭✭

@LucianDK.8615 said:
    I am trying to check out mirages in the pvp lobby to see if I can get a feel for the class. But one thing is vexing me. Looking at the rotation guide it says to shatter twice during lingering thoughts in a shatter rotation? how is that possible? since one use breaks all your clones.

.......what guide are you looking at?

Tingle my stingleberry

• Solori.6025Solori.6025 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 10, 2019

Read further down the explanation

Priority Shatter List:

Cry of Frustration
    and
    Mind Wrack
    Mind Wrack
    and
    Diversion
    Mind Wrack
    and
    Distortion

So for two shatters I am assuming they mean one of the two available in the priority list.

ALSO. trying this in the pvp lobby is going to result in completely different results, better to try it in the raid lobby with PvE rules.

Tingle my stingleberry

• LucianDK.8615LucianDK.8615 Member ✭✭✭✭

thing is that i went to the pvp lobby to try out an upscaled level 1 to 80 to get a feel for it. But that part did not make sense to me.

• Gulbasaur.1865Gulbasaur.1865 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 11, 2019

Mind wrack can be used twice with a trait (I think it's the first one in the illusions line).

You can also do shatters with no clones at all for a little bit of burst damage. They are stronger with clones, but you can shatter with zero clones.

• Me Games Ma.8426Me Games Ma.8426 Member ✭✭✭

I guess what your broblem is that you do one shatter with 3 clones and one shatter with 0 clones right?

You can shatter without clones. The damage will be less but you will still:

• cause the shatter effect around yourself
    • trigger traits like blinding dissipaiton (in dueling)
    • apply effects from maim the disillusioned (in illusions)
  • LucianDK.8615LucianDK.8615 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Me Games Ma.8426 said:
    I guess what your broblem is that you do one shatter with 3 clones and one shatter with 0 clones right?

You can shatter without clones. The damage will be less but you will still:

• cause the shatter effect around yourself
    • trigger traits like blinding dissipaiton (in dueling)
    • apply effects from maim the disillusioned (in illusions)

Now that was a helpful answer. it really wasnt obvious that it was possible.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.