Recent PvP Match Manipulation

Gaile Gray.6029

Love how after a year +. This is still going on and barely a wrist slap for any offenders. Pvp match manipulation happened after the horrible idea of duo parties in a team gameplay match up. Instead of the smart idea of 2 separate LB for solo only and team only leaderboards. Rip pvp since season 6 with no hope in sight.

Rip gw2 pvp "It almost had a chance". Died May 1st 2017

PvP League Season Six (March 7, 2017 - May 1, 2017)PvP League Season Seven (June 13, 2017 - August 8, 2017)PvP League Season Eight (August 22, 2017 - October 16, 2017)[1][2]PvP League Season Nine (November 7, 2017 - January 2, 2018)PvP League Season Ten (January 16, 2018 - March 13, 2018)PvP League Season Eleven (April 3, 2018 - May 29, 2018)

Oh P.SHow the heck is it after 6 + years we are still bound to dancing around 3 circles on big maps????? Circlequest seems to have help aid in the death of pvp.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont want to defend most of these dude but in terms of skill level they are indeed above us in almost every aspect, as to why they cheat on the LB is beyond me.

Always assumed these players didn't need to result into some shady shit just to get into that ranking but after being around for 4 seasons I kinda given up hope on trusting anyone whos even in the top 10, Kinda blows balls to see this type of stuff happening from certain players you expected much more from. Either Way this cycle of abuse is Never going to stop as you can see after how many seasons it's been going on for a while, getting "ban" yet still owning the titles. Makes it almost feel like anet "welcoming" others to do whatever it takes to take the top 10 titles and let them be punished for a bit...

People asking for perma bans and IP bans, I'm not sure why they think it's a good idea to make it harder for the developers to track these cheaters. IP's can be changed to circumvent that, and free accounts get access to spvp. So rather than forcing these people onto new accounts to continue their antics until caught again, they can now be flagged and observed.

@"zoopop.5630" said:I dont want to defend most of these dude but in terms of skill level they are indeed above us in almost every aspect, as to why they cheat on the LB is beyond me.

Always assumed these players didn't need to result into some shady kitten just to get into that ranking but after being around for 4 seasons I kinda given up hope on trusting anyone whos even in the top 10, Kinda blows balls to see this type of stuff happening from certain players you expected much more from. Either Way this cycle of abuse is Never going to stop as you can see after how many seasons it's been going on for a while, getting "ban" yet still owning the titles. Makes it almost feel like anet "welcoming" others to do whatever it takes to take the top 10 titles and let them be punished for a bit...

Ever noticed how they completely lack any kind of remorse?

In the end, yeah, I would like to get rid of titles above top25 or top10. Right now it just leads to arrogance, narcism and some kind of cheating. But the solution for me is the same as you: losing trust in the carriers of higher titles. On the other hand - don't forget - there are quite some great players who really deserve them and act accordingly, being respectful and helping others. And it's great when you get the chance to play with or against them.

I would've had rank 2 on NA after they cleared the leaderboards but I screwed myself by continuing to que to beat the people at the top. Ended up dropping from 1767 to 1709 the day before the season ended.

Feelsbadman

Anyways, some of the people who got removed didn't wintrade in PvP. Sooooo RIP them

@Megametzler.5729 said:

@"zoopop.5630" said:I dont want to defend most of these dude but in terms of skill level they are indeed above us in almost every aspect, as to why they cheat on the LB is beyond me.

Always assumed these players didn't need to result into some shady kitten just to get into that ranking but after being around for 4 seasons I kinda given up hope on trusting anyone whos even in the top 10, Kinda blows balls to see this type of stuff happening from certain players you expected much more from. Either Way this cycle of abuse is Never going to stop as you can see after how many seasons it's been going on for a while, getting "ban" yet still owning the titles. Makes it almost feel like anet "welcoming" others to do whatever it takes to take the top 10 titles and let them be punished for a bit...

Ever noticed how they completely lack any kind of remorse?

In the end, yeah, I would like to get rid of titles above top25 or top10. Right now it just leads to arrogance, narcism and some kind of cheating. But the solution for me is the same as you: losing trust in the carriers of higher titles. On the other hand - don't forget - there are quite some great players who really deserve them and act accordingly, being respectful and helping others. And it's great when you get the chance to play with or against them.

exactly.... they should just remove titles from rank and do what smite does.

Earned better rewards for the more rank games you win and unlock"free skins or rank season skin limited only for that season" where it's not limited to just a few people....but everyone it'll also encourage people to actually win instead of just play to play because losing already rewards players free "pips".

honestly theirs so many ways to go about fixing rank and making it so much better but the dev honestly and truthfully don't care about really doing much, the same answer always given to us "it's on the bottom of the list on what to do", "we have no official day", and my favorite one "it's being discussed". I'll like to keep/stay positive about the Spvp part of this game which is the ONLY thing even keeping me around but the lack of Q/A and actual improvement isn't anywhere near to be found till 6 months later or a year later......which at that point people just dont really care anymore.

If rank was actually made longer then "6-8weeks" with an actual effort to clean up the shit show , I'm certain a lot of players including the cheaters would take it a bit more serious then what it is now. Love this game and been around for YEARS on and off but somethings just don't improve at all and i been around from the launch of this game.

Actually a lot of them aren't that great. You can tell because there are known pros (guys that played in finals repeatedly when A-net still ran those types of tournaments) that dont manipulate who are in the high gold low platinum range. These are talented players that solo and arent necessarily playing the top carry class of the moment. Never mind the wonky match making. There are so many flaws with this system many of the people ranked in the top 100 or so dont really belong there cheating or not. The systems crap with a capital C and has always been.

@kipthelip.5802 said:

Actually a lot of them aren't that great. You can tell because there are known pros (guys that played in finals repeatedly when A-net still ran those types of tournaments) that dont manipulate who are in the high gold low platinum range. These are talented players that solo and arent necessarily playing the top carry class of the moment. Never mind the wonky match making. There are so many flaws with this system many of the people ranked in the top 100 or so dont really belong there cheating or not. The systems crap with a capital C and has always been.

Everyone says the same thing and I disagree with the fact that MOST of the community believes these dude aren't "that great". The fact that these dude win Every Monthly And AT On a Daily shows how talented they are currently in the game, Does it mean they aren't beatable in some aspect during a match? no, of course not anyone is kill able and beatable but these dude are some of the best players currently playing because they understand a lot more then just smashing keys around and hoping to win a fight.

Again it doesn't excuse the shit they are doing or done but you cant deny the fact they are highly skilled players with a great understanding of game, anyway thats my take and experience with playing against them or with them from time to time I know where my level at compared to theirs and i can't deny them for how good they are.

@zoopop.5630 said:

@zoopop.5630 said:I dont want to defend most of these dude but in terms of skill level they are indeed above us in almost every aspect, as to why they cheat on the LB is beyond me.

Everyone says the same thing and I disagree with the fact that MOST of the community believes these dude aren't "that great". The fact that these dude win Every Monthly And AT On a Daily shows how talented they are currently in the game, Does it mean they aren't beatable in some aspect during a match? no, of course not anyone is kill able and beatable but these dude are some of the best players currently playing because they understand a lot more then just smashing keys around and hoping to win a fight.

Again it doesn't excuse the kitten they are doing or done but you cant deny the fact they are highly skilled players with a great understanding of game, anyway thats my take and experience with playing against them or with them from time to time I know where my level at compared to theirs and i can't deny them for how good they are.

Doesn't take much skill in circle dancing conquest when you are a 5 man team with premade builds and a set plan all useing voice chat.

It's actually quite simple. Most of the self proclaimed "top" or "pro" players tend to suck royal butt. Yet when they have friends or match manipulation they look like Stars.

@kipthelip.5802 said:

Don't take the rankings that seriously. The majority of "pros" don't even play ranked. The ones who do usually run meme builds and don't bother trying to carry because solo que only is terrible and not fun.

Regardless of their rankings in game, if you were to ever actually come across a "pro" in a 1v1, you would easily notice how large the skill gap is between them and your average plat 2-3 player.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

why don't Anet just remove cheaters from pvp forever because of dishonor? or at least ban a year or more.3 months ban is just enough break time for another incoming pvp season. it's like there's no ban at all. next thing you know, they'll come back and continue to cheat.

@Hex.2579 said:why don't Anet just remove cheaters from pvp forever because of dishonor? or at least ban a year or more.3 months ban is just enough break time for another incoming pvp season. it's like there's no ban at all. next thing you know, they'll come back and continue to cheat.

Why put in the effort? They can buy the game again at really low prices and do it all over again. Whats 15 bucks (from the cheapo sites) when you rarely get banned?

The epeen still gets hard with the gildwardo tittles get activated

@shadowpass.4236 said:

Actually a lot of them aren't that great. You can tell because there are known pros (guys that played in finals repeatedly when A-net still ran those types of tournaments) that dont manipulate who are in the high gold low platinum range. These are talented players that solo and arent necessarily playing the top carry class of the moment. Never mind the wonky match making. There are so many flaws with this system many of the people ranked in the top 100 or so dont really belong there cheating or not. The systems kitten with a capital C and has always been.

Regardless of their rankings in game, if you were to ever actually come across a "pro" in a 1v1, you would easily notice how large the skill gap is between them and your average plat 2-3 player.

I dunno about that nowadays. Lately I've been inviting these "top players" into private 1v1 arenas for node fight simulations between side noders and things that may be able to counter some of the popular side noders. The ones that try to dodge me, I wait until they're in the ffa arena and I jump down to engage them 1v1, or I just wait to get a 1v1 against them in a match. Guess what? I've surprisingly beaten all of them 1v1 so far, save one great holosmith who could decap me in the end. If I can't kill them, I can take a node from them, with exception for vs. scrapper which is a dead stalemate right now. But somehow interestingly enough, I only play around 1600 - 1650 max with solo que only, but these players that I win against are somehow playing 1750+ consistently the entire season? OK. And they win ATs more frequently than other people do because they ostracize people out of their cliques that don't support shady activity, or who they plain don't like. Then those players, regardless of how good they are, have a difficult time finding other good players to play with because well, most great players nowadays, are unfortunately aligned with win trading crews. Even if they don't directly involve themselves in the activity, they play social politics to avoid the wrath or to gain favor.

Yeah that's a rant, but I guess my point being is that these players sort of create an illusion that they are a level or two above other players, but it simply isn't true. They aren't any different than 1600-1700 players who are legitimately playing without cheating or some form of social leverage. When it comes to general mechanical play and knowledge of how to play conquest, whether solo ranked or 5 man AT teams, there are actually quite a handful of players out there who match them in skill value, who get no recognition, because they aren't involved in the social stigma of what it takes to get into these circles of top players & streamers. I mean this goes beyond "is someone a cool bro to hang with?", we're talking people having incentives of "Will this guy cooperate? "Will he be cool if knows what we do?" "Is he good to be on a live stream with me when we duo?" "Is he good to be in a team when we stream an AT?" Then of course you have these 20 to maybe 30 great players left, most of them involved in bullshit even if it's light bullshit, and then most of them have 2 or 3 or 4 or more alts that they play, which they use to que snipe people down off the leaderboards. The worst part about it, is the people at the top who are doing this, are in communication with each other, and there is this sort of secret hand shake where they purposely avoid each other's operations to secure easier positioning in the leaderboards, while using their alts to play high into about plat 2, and then they can be selective with how they throw a match, or how they smurf to win a match to make the other team lose. It all boils down to who they like and allow to play high, and who they don't like and who gets que sniped, for whatever reason that is. This isn't some ultra elaborate scheme, no it's what they casually do and how they choose to play, when they log in a few times a week and want to make some progress, and then make others lose a bit of progress, to keep ratings lowered on players who are threatening their leaderboard position range.

Why does it happen? Well I'll save everyone the larger text wall, and just say that, when USD is involved, people make business plans man. These people have just found new ways to make USD in a game that no longer has cash prize for tournaments, such as: Charging people USD to win on their account in an AT, or charging people USD to allow their account to sit in the top 10 for a cool title. There is also a lot of incentive on just making sure that a streamer is playing as a top player in every game he plays, because people don't like watching losers.

I have been recording all of the mentioned 1v1s btw. I'll be posting a montage soon to showcase 2019 druid play vs. top players who play other metas at high levels. I absolutely guarantee that it will be an interesting watch, to see a lowly plat 2 druid beating god tier famed players at side nodding vs. every class.

ya win trading died down a bit this season IMO. Not enough players as it is in the NA spvp leader board. This alone Gives players 0 reason to really win trade when 1700 rating can place you in the top 1-15 as it is which isn't even worth bragging about at the moment.

However WHAT i do know and have seen is that theirs a good amount of accounts being boosted again this season which is annoying to see to a degree but at the same time what can we do? The way the system is set up it's way to easy for players to cheat it and it's gotten to the point where it doesn't even matter anymore because Anet already mention that they are going to start mailing titles to players after the season. So i would assume they'll be checking said accounts before mailing certain titles to them.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 can you confirm this?

@Crab Fear.1624 said:Why put in the effort? They can buy the game again at really low prices and do it all over again. Whats 15 bucks (from the cheapo sites) when you rarely get banned?

The kitten still gets hard with the gildwardo tittles get activatedwhen i said ban, i meant ip ban. are they gonna pay for a vpn and subscribe each month on their new alt account just to be able to play? that's some effort right there.i honestly think they should have a permanent dishonor on top of their head. even if they have the monthly AT win, that dishonor is irreplaceable. that'll be nice to spot all the cheaters in game.

@"Trevor Boyer.6524"

That post you quoted was from nearly a year ago.

There were only 3-ish players on NA I was referring to as "pros." I haven't played the game in months so I'm assuming the state of the game is the same or worse as when I left. Either way, I stick by my words. The majority of "top players" and people in plat 2-3 are not even close to the mechanical skill level as these few. By mechanical skill, I'm not talking about how well they place on the leaderboards or ATs. I'm talking about raw 1vX potential and their ability to severely out-skill other "top players" in 1v1s on a variety of their main class(es) builds WITHOUT needing to run flavour-of-the-month, overpowered/cheesy specs. Not many players fall under this category.

@shadowpass.4236 said:@"Trevor Boyer.6524"

There were only 3-ish players on NA I was referring to as "pros." I haven't played the game in months so I'm assuming the state of the game is the same or worse as when I left. Either way, I stick by my words. The majority of "top players" and people in plat 2-3 are not even close to the mechanical skill level as these few. By mechanical skill, I'm not talking about how well they place on the leaderboards or ATs. I'm talking about raw 1vX potential and their ability to severely out-skill other "top players" in 1v1s on a variety of their main class(es) builds WITHOUT needing to run flavour-of-the-month, overpowered/cheesy specs. Not many players fall under this category.

I did lose to Helios today, first Spellbreaker so far. His ability to completely avoid damage while damaging me was unlike other players I've seen. Other "top" Spellbreakers, I've beaten. Helios was a different tier than these other guy for sure.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

I did lose to Helios today, first Spellbreaker so far. His ability to completely avoid damage while damaging me was unlike other players I've seen. Other "top" Spellbreakers, I've beaten. Helios was a different tier than these other guy for sure.

He was one of the three I was referring to.

Sadly with the lack of competitive pvp after season 4 ended this is where we are at. Once duo came into play the wintrade wars began. Right now gw2 pvp is headed towards the sad state that gw1 pvp was at after about 4 years of gw1 pvp. Bots and some hackers but now that is on top of.

"Random afks".People giving up after 1 fight in ranked.*People paying others to throw games.

• Alt accounts used to wintrade / match manipulate.
  • Pve reward hunters just out for pips not wins.

Like I've said before, now we must wait for the next guild wars game may it be gw1 remastered or gw3. Gw2 as far as competitive pvp goes died at the start of duos and circlequest being the only thing to play.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

You were going easy on him coach. Don't let Helio think he's good