What is your least favourite sound in the game? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

What is your least favourite sound in the game?

Which sound effect / voice line / piece of music etc gives you the worst kind of chills? The noise you just want to stop?

For me:

• Jack-in-the-box Scythe
  • Super Warhorn
  • The Dreamer
<1

Comments

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

Only that awful sound your computer makes, sometimes, when the game crashes. Yikes!

• AgentMoore.9453AgentMoore.9453 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 18, 2019

Mini Ho-Ho-Tron's endless bells. >:(

• Westenev.5289Westenev.5289 Member ✭✭✭✭

Musical instruments, mainly because if they're played halfway decently you know they're probably using a macro.

• BlueJin.4127BlueJin.4127 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 18, 2019

Female Norn’s grunting when she gets knocked down.
    Everything from deputy Mira.

^^

• Neural.1824Neural.1824 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 18, 2019

"They say we're going into the heart of the Maguuma jungle, that thought gives me the chills".

(edit: it's that sort of repetitious stuff that eventually drove me to just play GW2 with the game muted)

Soul-binding needs to be allowed to die gracefully. It has expired. It is long past it's time to become a footnote in the history of gaming.

• Rashagar.8349Rashagar.8349 Member ✭✭✭

I've been playing with the sound off for so long I almost forget, but probably the 2 children that (used to be?) at LA bank. "If you're Marjorie, you're going to have to give me a kiss hnghnghng COME BACK"

• Zephire.8049Zephire.8049 Member ✭✭✭

"Ideas are like cream, the good ones rise to the top." I will feed that asura directly to Primordus. While it's not an individual sound, the blind anger and flashbacks it triggers makes it worthy of being here.

Other than that, the Ho-Ho-Tron bell that goes on ad nauseam, Jack-in-the-Box tools, and the drum. I don't mind the other instruments but something about the drum makes it impossible for me to focus.

• Kumouta.4985Kumouta.4985 Member ✭✭✭

hohotron mini.

• "We Heal As One"
    "We Heal As One"
    "We Heal As One"

All that for swiftness :# I'm sure in my dreams i was shouting it. Bless the six for mounts
    Not to fond of the Deadeye rifle sounds either can get annoying

• phs.6089phs.6089 Member ✭✭✭✭

Fractal inability Birds,nothing gets close to that sound.

"There is always a lighthouse, there's always a man, there's always a city."

• Cobrakon.3108Cobrakon.3108 Member ✭✭✭

"This is Quite Rare"
    "Treasure!!!"
    Nothing but greens and blues.

• @Warobaz.9543 said:
    "Mmm..Morrre viOLETsssss, lessSSSS VIOLEEEENncccccee"

My head does a 360noscope everytime i hear that phrase

thats why i dont use the bank in Lion's Arch ;-)

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster

• Uon.7491Uon.7491 Member ✭✭

@AgentMoore.9453 said:
    Mini Ho-Ho-Tron's endless bells. >:(

@Kumouta.4985 said:
    hohotron mini.

Agreed. It's the only sound in the game that bothers me so much that it makes me feel nauseous.

• Curunen.8729Curunen.8729 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 18, 2019

Female asura scream during attack animations (eg Blurred Frenzy, Scepter ambush etc...)

Especially noticable with Infinite Horizon Staff clones which tend to scream every other dodge... would be ok if every few minutes but when it's every few seconds is really annoying to listen to.

IH hybrid | My ears, how are you! | Kourna Jackrabbit for default Springer

• maddoctor.2738maddoctor.2738 Member ✭✭✭✭

The mini super banana sound

• Steve The Cynic.3217Steve The Cynic.3217 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Cobrakon.3108 said:
    "This is Quite Rare"
    "Treasure!!!"
    Nothing but greens and blues.

Pfft. I nuked a female Norn Mesmer because I put a stupid trait on, and every minute, at least three or four times, "Quickly!" Ugh.

@Biff.5312 said:
    Exercise your whimsy.

• Regh.8649Regh.8649 Member ✭✭
    • Tequatl turrets
    • The Dreamer

Formula for success: Rise early, work hard, strike oil.

• ProverbsofHell.2307ProverbsofHell.2307 Member ✭✭✭✭

Lucky Dog Harvesting Tool... -_-

• Balsa.3951Balsa.3951 Member ✭✭✭

The Mesmer attack in lake Doric this shattering extreme loud sound

• Kraljevo.2801Kraljevo.2801 Member ✭✭✭

"Wash the pain away" on female human. :#

WTB GW2 Classic Server

• PeerlessArch.6547PeerlessArch.6547 Member ✭✭
    edited March 18, 2019

"I could outrun a Centaur!."

• Tekoneiric.6817Tekoneiric.6817 Member ✭✭✭✭

The drunk Norn woman outside the BL TP in Hoelbrak. Thankfully I never got there anymore.

• Tekoneiric.6817Tekoneiric.6817 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Head Kracker.4790 said:
    waypoint sfx

I like the WP sounds.

• The goat sound from the Springer. Just stop.

• GDchiaScrub.3241GDchiaScrub.3241 Member ✭✭✭✭

The laser sounding shots from the Deadeye by default. Reminds me of the Microsoft Powerpoint default laser effect.

D:

RISE guild best guild super RPers trash blob guild [RISE] always dies on inc masters of the Die On Inc technique where Prince Jarvan just died.

Holy Warriors of [Kazo] following Kazo doctrine guided by, Our Lord and Commander, Zudo in the holy Trinity of Him and his two firm glutes.

• Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

An NPC beginning to say: "More violets....."

Seriously, at least in MMOs with factions you could switch to the other side and come back to kill those NPCS :angry:

• Henry.5713Henry.5713 Member ✭✭✭✭

Good old "I can outrun a centaur" before I got bored of human female meta.

Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something. ~ Robert Heinlein

• Endless Soul.5178Endless Soul.5178 Member ✭✭✭✭

It WAS the Dreamer, but thankfully Anet added a mute feature for that.

However, there's a certain Krait mini, I forget which one, that sounds like it's choking to death. I honestly don't understand how people can stand having that mini out when it makes that sound.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Bekka | Akee | Feyyt | Nuumy | Tylee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Sixx | Claara | Conii | Jymm | Synn

Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade but your soul is endless

• Jemmi.6058Jemmi.6058 Member ✭✭
    edited March 18, 2019

Waypoints, with portals as a close 2nd last.

• Biff.5312Biff.5312 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 18, 2019

@BlueJin.4127 said:
    Female Norn’s grunting when she gets knocked down.

Oh I HATE that groaning.
    The only thing worse is the repeated blaring noise of someone using level-ups over and over near the bank. I've literally walked away for a while to avoid it.

• notebene.3190notebene.3190 Member ✭✭✭✭

There's some buff that someone can throw on people, I think (I guess?) and it's either a pulsing thing they have no control over, or, they realize the sound is super annoying, so they keep buffing everyone. You hear it a lot loitering around waiting for world bosses.

Boojjwaahhh!
    Boojjwaahhh!
    Boojjwaahhh!

:s

But really, any noise that someone can make that is annoying, and they realize it's annoying, and that's why they are doing it. I guess in a game where a lot of the core design is to "not be unhappy to see another player" (shared loot, individual resource nodes, shared xp, no monster tagging, etc), for some people, getting their hands on a mechanic like this really brightens their day. :disappointed:

In the event I don't get a chance, thank you all for the company and help when I needed it from time to time.

• The sound I hate the most? It's actually a glitch and I'm happy it doesn't happen too often.
    It's a skill from Engi, med kit skill 1. If that SSSHHHHH sound gets glitched on an Engi, it sticks to them forever and it's really loud and constant. I'd prefer HoHo Tron Mini or The Dream sounds over that glitch any day.

• Mea.5491Mea.5491 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 18, 2019

When people spam Tomes near bank (I also hate the flashing light that comes from it). And Queen Bee infusion, especially when people stack them... I don't know if it was nerfed or not, I've been playing with sound off for months because I prefer listening to metal while gaming.

• Bunter.3795Bunter.3795 Member ✭✭✭

The constantly sound you get after crafting something at the leather workers crafting bench.

If life gives you melons, you're probably dyslexic.

• @ProverbsofHell.2307 said:
    Lucky Dog Harvesting Tool... -_-

I wish they used a whistle. Love the dog, but it's painfully embarrassing to hear my Asura main going 'Myeaaahh...waaah' like a whiny three-year-old who can't be bothered to verbalize. :/

It also bothers me, the grunts and stuff that female Charr make, because they sound...male. The voice is too deep and growly, and it's kind of off-putting to have it sound so different from the speaking voice. As if they mixed up the sfx attached to the character.

• Guardian scepter auto

• Calvsie.3675Calvsie.3675 Member ✭✭✭

The leveling up sound grates on my nerves a bit, more so when it is occurring in a quieter setting. most of the time in the maps it gets toned down ti seems by ambient fighting noise, but if I hear it by itself it just makes me want to punt an asura.

“You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.”
    ― Neil Gaiman, Anansi Boys

• Cerioth.7062Cerioth.7062 Member ✭✭✭

Adding a few others:

• Choya Gathering Tools
    • Mini Super Banana -__-
    • "RETREEEEEEAT!"
  • Arekai.5698Arekai.5698 Member ✭✭

@Head Kracker.4790 said:
    waypoint sfx

This

• Goettel.4389Goettel.4389 Member ✭✭✭

Most of the dialog I'm afraid.

<1
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.