Some fractals become unplayable!!

@"Nepster.4275" said:in fractals you dont even need to dodge for any other purpose than birds and some other hard hitting mechanics

If you and your team can do the following T4 (without birds)...

• Mai Trin
  • Twilight Oasis
  • Deepstone
  • Siren's Reef
  • Molten Boss
  • Underground Facility with elementals

...without a single dodge, I assume that you and your team are not good representatives of the average fractal player.

Maybe there are too many "hard hitting mechanics" in too many fractals, even without birds.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People keep talking about the spawned "enemy" birds that happen after the dodge re-engaging player, and that actually isn't my issue with them. My issue is how they interact with other instabilities. So they explode if you have last laugh, they give fire damage with we bleed fire, the do the outflanked thing with outflanked, etc. Bird alone is no problem for me it is the compounding nature of them that is the problem. I don't think I would even mind if they did spawn as enemies...so long as they didn't interact with other instabilities so badly.

@Pirindolo.9427 said:

@"Nepster.4275" said:in fractals you dont even need to dodge for any other purpose than birds and some other hard hitting mechanics

If you and your team can do the following T4 (without birds)...
  • Mai Trin
  • Twilight Oasis
  • Deepstone
  • Siren's Reef
  • Molten Boss
  • Underground Facility with elementals

...without a single dodge, I assume that you and your team are not good representatives of the average fractal player.

Maybe there are too many "hard hitting mechanics" in too many fractals, even without birds.

• Mai Trin - You dodge for the bombs mostly, but theres no problem if not since the healer should deal with the damage since you dont get damaged by nothing other than Mai(or the big Guy) herself and the bombs, the ads should be pulled by chrono and cleaved down
  • Twilight Oasis - You need to dodge a lot agreed
  • Deepstone - I dont really dodge here, only for the bombs at the final boss
  • Siren's Reef - A looot of dodges agreed, but for the fights on the ship you can mostly sidestep
  • Molten Boss - Only dodge at the big thing that can knock you down, otherwise you can just jump over the wave, same for the last bosses
  • Underground Facility with elementals - Yes, a lot of dodgesOverally thanks for pointing these out, then let me modify my statement:Maybe some fractals become hard with the birds, but not unplayable if your team knows what to do and how to do it.But even in these fractals, you should have endurance, with that your dodges should be up pretty quick and birds do 1k/s DPS on you or something like that, with protection its even less(iirc) so they dont one hit you.

• 2 weeks later...

I started this past December... LOVE fractals as my favourite part of GW. Since I had never seen it any other way, I just took it as it was.

Every day I PUG the T3 dailies list 3X a day... and cherry pick T4 (birds + weakness + snowblind/twighlight = low % make it)

The birds are not a problem... it is face tankers who are so focused on their rotations they cant move fast enough &/or have fragile builds. They blame the mechanics, they blame the healers, they blame others DPS...

But no... no... they need to either lower their dps and gain vitality/toughness... or drop a level and literally practice mechanics first then DPS second.

Of course there are team compositions that take all the thinking out of the fractals. I mean we can wipe all the dailies on T4 in one pass. BUT in my opinion it is boring, predictable, and just not as much fun.

SO to the original poster... Fractals are awesome. The instabilities push you from your comfort zone into a new mode of play. And often it means going a bit more tougher, slower and weaker than you dream of being. BUT it can be done... and as you learn the mechanics you slowly build(rebuild) up yourself to the DPS dream you wish you could always be.

But asking for the game to be easier because you can't pass it, while 90% of all pug groups do. Means you need to consider rethinking your build and/or strategy for fractals. AND make sure you have good communications with your teams, while ensuring you have a basic healer. Even a Thackeray Elementalist healer gets you through all of T3. SO it is not like it requires elites or meta. Just some planning, and strategy.

wow... that was a bit long winded, eh! :-)

But if 90%+ of all pugs can do all the fractals to 75, then I find it is some need to slow down and think a bit more about mechanics, and if that does not work, put on some tough panties and fake it till you make it. :-)

@Gambino.2109 said:

@"Rodrick.1942" said:Those who keep saying that new instab make fractal "unplayable" are the one who doesn't like change ( adapt build to deal with these mechanics).

Fractals are not fun cause of those... pfffft

Today's Siren's reef was an example of a disaster..

outflanked... + Motion sickness Social + we bleed fire

= Tons of adds steadily keeping burns on you while your team mates push you into stuff while trying to avoid the stage's mechanics

It's simply ludicrous to have to work twice as hard for the same value rewards.

For some of us it is not all about the rewards... have 3+ sets of gear, 3+ sets of weapons, and communicate with everyone... I myself have no issue if we all drop our DPS and tough it through while healing to the point of insanity to do something almost no one else will finish. For people like me. It is that we did what almost no one else can achieve. But they are all doable if you have people with the right options, and are able to adjust accordingly.

Who knew that you should bring condi cleanse and projectile deflects for we bleed fire on siren's reef. It's almost like people don't want to adapt their strategies and want to button mash as they're used to in open world farm maps.

GW2's community has steadily been degrading in ability specifically because this game has coddled them so consistently with no expectations to analyze their play and improve because open world farm maps ask them no such thing.

T1-T3 fractals are also so faceroll simple that they run their suboptimal builds for thousands of hours with no boon uptimes or timing aegis/blocks/dodges that when they get to some of the harder T4's and especially CM they are scandalized that they can't just play how they want on instanced endgame content.

This in turn massively shrinks the endgame content community because you end up with a tiny minority of competent players insulated from the rest of players who cannot do most serious instanced content and the rate at which competent players come into the game vs. the amount of veteran ones that leave due to the pace of content provision and lack of new group formation makes for a dying scene.

@"Roisn.3596" said:For some of us it is not all about the rewards... have 3+ sets of gear, 3+ sets of weapons, and communicate with everyone... I myself have no issue if we all drop our DPS and tough it through while healing to the point of insanity to do something almost no one else will finish. For people like me. It is that we did what almost no one else can achieve. But they are all doable if you have people with the right options, and are able to adjust accordingly.

I second the idea that it's fine if fractals are hard enough that it forces people to adapt. Having four glass cannons with a healer that could do all of the hard content was such a stale meta for the longest time.

The idea that the game can be hard enough that not everybody can run glass gears, is actually beneficial as it allows more gearing diversity and increases the worth of attributes as vitality or toughness.

The only problem is when players can face greatly distinct levels of challenge on the same dailies. We can't expect fractal players to carry a marauders set for easy fractals and then change all of that to tankier set for specific fractals.

Granted, if all it takes to adapt is to change utilities and traits, that's a lot easier to change on a daily basis.

I welcome any change that removes the "rest easy, failure is impossible" tone that most end game ends up at eventually. I like that there are difficult activities for PvE players.

Agree, some fractals "Twilight Oasis - Deepstone - Siren's Reef" bring useless challenge is spare toxic around.Have some ideas to improvements:Siren - canons on should have bigger damageDeepstone - orbs on last boss should have less hp, special action skill should have more sizeTwilight Oasis - boss wave should bring only blind or 33% or 25% progress should be resolved too if all party die

Let's put it this way.you drive a car to relax, listen music, watch landscape...to make it more fun you put duct tape across windshield (first set of instabilities)then you decide to cover whole windshield with duct tape and just left few spots to peek outside,and just to make it "fun" you put doberman dog and monkey on passager seat.

yeah, It's going to be fun, they said...

It's so incredibly funny people seem to think "literally unplayable" is the gold standard for what should not continue to be in the game. Speaks volumes of your incredibly low expectations.

Game used to be fun, it isn't anymore for me. I stopped playing. Easy. I value my time, and I value the fun I have in my free time.

@"Spike.5073" said:

Game used to be fun, it isn't anymore for me. I stopped playing. Easy. I value my time, and I value the fun I have in my free time.

Seconded. I've seen everything GW2 has to offer and while I take breaks from time to time I'm not sure what I am supposed to return to with the only content I still considered fun getting "new and fun" experimental treatment together with subpar new fractals designwise.