World Restructuring Update 2

Raymond Lukes.6305

@L A T I O N.8923 said:

@"Mechanix.9315" said:Server balance is top priority, you started all this project having Blackgate as example of how stacked it was, and yet you gave them a server link, it gives me the impression that you guys just dont know how WvW is being played.

Just want to emphasise this point. Its so true.

May the bg link make maguuma stand up towards it's once great glory

Maguuma stands tall and proud....when they control SMC that is. Soon as they lose it though, they take their choya balloons and log off :sunglasses:

"Worlds" as a concept are dead anyways. Every chat, either in game or on comms, always refers to GUILDS, not worlds. Nobody really cares about what world they are linked to or facing each week, only which GUILDS are involved.

@trixantea.1230 said:Veteran creatures should be given some intresting reward for killing them at the very least a +1 or +2 team score or maybe a small 5 minutes buff.Now they are just some bland pve mobs for the daily. Some of them are placed near camps but do not even give exp.

The only ones that give XP are the ones that are events. Any others are just there as a nuisance or maybe a rally mechanic.

And please... less rewards for PvE stuff in WvW. Give more rewards for killing players.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It would be nice and respectful with us, players, if Arenanet could elucidate how does this plan goes. If it is going. Or not. But, you know, give us some satisfaction.It is becoming very hard to keep going on this game and the only reason I still play is because the friends I've made here and the lack of a good new game for us to go.But the new always come....it is just a matter of time...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

@Krypto.2069 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:Just gonna bump this as I expect there is still no word, but would like to see it stay in some aspect of the consciousness...

Mannnn, I got excited for a second! I thought something was
new
in here from Anet! :lol:

Sorry for that.. ?

But given that the initial word came out almost 22 months ago... I figure keeping the home fires lit for the torches is good.

?

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:Just gonna bump this as I expect there is still no word, but would like to see it stay in some aspect of the consciousness...

Mannnn, I got excited for a second! I thought something was
new
in here from Anet! :lol:

Sorry for that.. ?

But given that the initial word came out almost 22 months ago... I figure keeping the home fires lit for the torches is good.

?

Quite alright! You're a Patriot of the Cause, brother!Thank you! o7

First off, thanks for communicating that there's some work going on. I just wanted to let you know I appreciate that and the communication, 'cause I'm gonna rag on your post.

Everything I read is saying that you just got on the job, you're trying to figure out whats going on, you're making improvements to the existing system that was only supposed to be temporary and implemented @ 3 years ago, and you're just starting on the alliance foundation. I think that's pretty disappointing (not in you or your work, but Anet), but as I, and most others were expecting exactly that, no big deal. At least someone has started on it. I guess we'll see something in 2021. All of the info is mostly stuff we already were expecting from 2 year old posts.

A big warning:

"Will time zone imbalance still be an issueIt is true that in the initial release of World Restructuring we are not planning to consider time zone distribution when creating worlds. Part of that is so we can get the primary aspects of the system in and gather data about how the system works given the metrics we are using for balance. We want to compare apples to apples to give us the clearest information. This also will allow us to have a new baseline to compare against modifications to the metrics used for balancing the teams. We also are discussing some other ways to address “off hours” play, so stay tuned for more info as we can share it."

YOU CAN NOT IMPLEMENT ALLIANCES WITHOUT ADDRESSING THIS. If you do, all your work and all the faith the WvW community has in you will be lost. This is one of the biggest issues and one of the main reasons why alliance system is being built. I honestly don't see what is so hard about this. If you have OCX guilds, you put them on different worlds. SEA guilds, different worlds. Odd number that not divisible by 3, then you try to space them out as evenly as possible acrross worlds. It's the same damn thing you're doing for NA.

For the love of god, don't put out something that is half assed and stop using us a beta testers. We can tell you exactly what's going to happen. It will be a big fail, and people will leave and the people you were hoping to come back, won't. Test it. Test it again. Polish it, beta test it, and LISTEN to the feedback and make changes. Then test it again. Seriously.

@Spurnshadow.3678 said:First off, thanks for communicating that there's some work going on. I just wanted to let you know I appreciate that and the communication, 'cause I'm gonna rag on your post.

Everything I read is saying that you just got on the job, you're trying to figure out whats going on, you're making improvements to the existing system that was only supposed to be temporary and implemented @ 3 years ago, and you're just starting on the alliance foundation. I think that's pretty disappointing (not in you or your work, but Anet), but as I, and most others were expecting exactly that, no big deal. At least someone has started on it. I guess we'll see something in 2021. All of the info is mostly stuff we already were expecting from 2 year old posts.

A big warning:

"Will time zone imbalance still be an issueIt is true that in the initial release of World Restructuring we are not planning to consider time zone distribution when creating worlds. Part of that is so we can get the primary aspects of the system in and gather data about how the system works given the metrics we are using for balance. We want to compare apples to apples to give us the clearest information. This also will allow us to have a new baseline to compare against modifications to the metrics used for balancing the teams. We also are discussing some other ways to address “off hours” play, so stay tuned for more info as we can share it."

YOU CAN NOT IMPLEMENT ALLIANCES WITHOUT ADDRESSING THIS. If you do, all your work and all the faith the WvW community has in you will be lost. This is one of the biggest issues and one of the main reasons why alliance system is being built. I honestly don't see what is so hard about this. If you have OCX guilds, you put them on different worlds. SEA guilds, different worlds. Odd number that not divisible by 3, then you try to space them out as evenly as possible acrross worlds. It's the same kitten thing you're doing for NA.

For the love of god, don't put out something that is half assed and stop using us a beta testers. We can tell you exactly what's going to happen. It will be a big fail, and people will leave and the people you were hoping to come back, won't. Test it. Test it again. Polish it, beta test it, and LISTEN to the feedback and make changes. Then test it again. Seriously.

You do realize their last entry was over... 11 months ago right? We are about 28 days away from the 1 year anniversary of any official update.