Upcoming Warclaw bug fixes/changes

@martin.3692 said:

@"Lishtenbird.2814" said:As a primarily PvE player who got back into WvW only because of Warclaw's speed and safety of traversal, I dislike the idea of a dismount skill. It will just bring back the ganking and have the trolls - oh, pardon me, "roamers" - rejoice, while encouraging the new WvW players to return back to their previous activities. Traps - I can understand; they require planning and cost time and supply, but not a ranged mount skill.

If it still happens, I would hope that other limitations are considered extra to "
dismounts both players
", such as:
  • being a
    fairly long channel that roots you in place
    (so that you can dismount someone who's trying to get into a tower by timing the skill, but not just gank anyone catching up to the zerg from afar),
  • requires supply
    so that it's not spammable without resupplying,
  • has a
    minimum number of players required to trigger
    - like, you can dismount a group of, say, 3 roamers in a terrifying AoE roar, but not a single scrub catching up to their tag,
  • or if that's a ranged attack like a thrown lance, that should at least be
    evadable
  • knockdowns
    the player who used the dismount skill.

Otherwise the new mount's usefulness will be hampered even more - and it already feels anemic after the nerfs.

I don't know if you're trolling or not, but in case you aren't - have you considered that wvw is just not the gamemode for you ? Wvw for many people including myself is the only reason we play gw2 the last pve thing I've done was get to 450 weaponsmithing only to have a certain sigil on my weapons for wvw, I had not left the shiverpeaks for around 6 months now I only connect to either join wvw immediately or kill some ice wyrms while waiting in the queue.

WvW is not ment for people who want to get dank skins dyes or what ever it is you are trying to get by grinding camp guards, wvw is based around a concept of being a deadly battlefield in which the players who play in the most organised and strategic manner prevail - yes that includes "roaming" and "ganking" it's not supposed to be risk free to travel from point a to point b thus why so many oppose the mounts current state, as an un cc able armored race car with 3 evades which makes it impossible to roam or ambush anyone and that doesn't only hinder with small scale play it makes it absolutely impossible to intercept zergs, use mass stealth and combined with the glider makes it very easy to form an endless stream of reinforcement to objectives under attack causing the attacking side to be punished much less by poor organisation and tactics.

This gamemode is not about grinding up pieces of rocks safely so you could get your chest plate trimmed or god knows what it is you need safe passage for in wvw

I supposed players who likes PvP find it fun to gank players in wvw who are not good at pvp or who do not enjoy pvp and called that an essential part of wvw?

Why is running from point A to point B not supposed to be risk free? You are confusing PvP with WvW environment. And it's not totally risk free either, but at least we have a choice not to engage on a one to one fight. With all these nerfs coming to the Warclaw, yes i call it nerf, what good is the mount in the end? Gankers, not WvWer, are endlessly calling for nerfs, one after another, just because they missed their cheesy assault every time someone on a mount ran pass them on a mount?

At this rate we are going, we will be back to not being able to get to where we want without being knocked down for like a million times. Well, I agree that might as well go back to not having mount in WvW at all. Many Wvwers, old and new, who actually enjoyed Warclaw as it is now will eventually leave this game mode again because many are not veteran forum players < who come to the forum and cried for nerfs for everything when things are not going their ways.

The Warclaw is still very new in WvW, please give it some time and learn to accept, adapt and you will may change your perspectives eventually and find a way to satisfy that bully urge...

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:Hey all, just wanted to put out a quick note about some upcoming Warclaw changes.

Short-term

• We're working on a fix for the issue where people can get stuck on their mount, and still have their 3 evades and such. There may be more than one bug that causes this, but we think we're getting the most egregious one.
  • We're going to remove the jump on dismount. It's one of the biggest things used to bypass walls/gates and it was faster to remove the jump rather than try to fix each of those individually.
  • Fix to the sitting in box achievement areas so you can mount up in them.

Medium to Long-term

• Working on a dismount trap
  • Working on a new mounted skill to dismount other mounted players. This may also dismount yourself. We're still debating that. Feedback welcome.

Even Longer term

• We're considering adding break-bars to the WvW Mount. It's still a big if, as this will also require UI considerations.

Edit: Added cat box achievement fix.

Nerfing mount movement is a short-term solution, but you will have to handle those terrain problems sooner or later, since multiple professions have been able to abuse them across the years (and some still do).

And yeah, that "dismount skill" should be some sort of grappling hook, where you pull enemies while launching yourself.

Anyway, I posted this at reddit a few days ago. It's a warclaw redesign (now called panther) plus two additional mount ideas. Might serve as an inspiration for where to go next:

Panther

• Medium speed, medium health.
  • Skill 1: Leap at enemies. Finishes downed enemies. Dismounts the player.
  • Skill 2: Grappling Hook, pulls enemies on foot. Can be used to dismount enemy players, but you get dismounted as well. Telegraphed, and can be dodged. Consumes supply with every use.
  • Skill 3: Turn Disabling Hook on/off. Disables siege weapons, but locks you to them, forcing you to stick nearby. Dismounting or moving too far disables the hook. Consumes supply while it's active.
  • Dodge: Leap forward. Three endurance bars.
  • Special: Your mount can swim.

Dolyak

• Slow speed, high health.
  • Skill 1: Charge forward moving the horns, launching enemies in your path. Finishes downed enemies. Dismounts the player.
  • Skill 2: Headbutt a nearby gate. Consumes supply with every use.
  • Skill 3: Turn Shield Bubble on/off. Can be used while moving. Consumes supply while it's active.
  • Dodge: Gain stability, and become invulnerable to dismounts. Two endurance bars.
  • Special: You can load supply pack into your dolyak, letting you deliver it wherever you want, just as a supply dolyak. The supply pack will be lost if you dismount.

Moa

• Fast speed, low health.
  • Skill 1: Slash at a single target repeatedly. Finishes downed enemies. Dismounts the player.
  • Skill 2: Applies reveal and marks nearby enemies on the world map. Consumes supply with every use.
  • Skill 3: Turn stealth on/off. Consumes supply while it's active.
  • Dodge: Greatly increases your movement speed, roller beetle levels. One endurance bar.
  • Special: Your mount detects WvW traps.

Additional notes:

• You can only equip one mount at once. To swap mounts, you need to go back to the respawn.
  • Dismounts in combat put the mount on cooldown for 30 seconds.
  • Trap redesign, now they have 20 charges each, consuming 1 every time an enemy steps inside. New trap, dismounts enemy players. Siege Disablers affect traps now. New trick lets you destroy traps.

I think mounts have a lot of potential for WvW, but they must become a significant part of combat, or they will never become a real part of WvW.

@"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:Medium to Long-term

• Working on a dismount trap
  • Working on a new mounted skill to dismount other mounted players. This may also dismount yourself. We're still debating that. Feedback welcome.

pssstttCheck out the horse "Charge" skill in Black Desert Online... it would be cool if this skill could be "tiered" in success rate depending on say, warclaw mastery rank, so that at lower levels there's a greater likelihood of yourself being dismounted too, or even for the charge to dismount the other player even fails, and then at top mastery rank you have a greater success rate of both dismounting the other and remaining on your own mount.

A way to dismount already mounted players should also dismount you, it could be implemented such that it dismounts you and any mounts (upto 5) near the target in a certain AoE (360 / 480).

A dismount trap i think would be pointless unless it applied some sort of condition / put people in combat otherwise people just mount back up. But this has other issues where in theory one person could probably hold an entire zerg in combat (if that's the implmentation that's chosen) and it just feels like unnecessary.

Re: Breakbars to mounts, I don't think it's necessary since the mounts are too fast that most ranged stuns are unable to track the mount well not to mention the 3 evades puts them out of range. So I really don't see a point in adding this.

Mount related suggestion that's not in the list.I would like if the movement speed was constant irrespective of territory as it becomes extremely annoying to chase down someone who is on their "home turf" because they are at a camp that they own and can get away from you while you are still mounted.

@Lishtenbird.2814 said:

@"martin.3692" said:have you considered that wvw is just not the gamemode for you ?

Have you considered that it might not be financially viable to maintain a game mode for a fringe
hardcore
PvP community in a primarily casual PvE game, and furthermore, to also cater to a fringier "roaming" community? WvWers don't really bring money to GW2 outside of server transfers, and with Alliances, even that will likely be gone; all they do is eat out server resources daily, and then boast how they don't care about fashion, story, PvE and so on, and then their game mode is gradually dying in its own stasis field while the rest of the game evolves. Mount skins are at least some sort of profit from that section of players, and the more players are interested in these skins, the better - and to get them interested in a mount that's useless in PvE, they should find WvW enjoyable instead of frustrating, whether
hardcore
mode supporters like that or not. And that's also likely why WvW mounts were developed and released before Alliances.

if you feel like WvW has a hardcore community, then you really are new here. soon you will see WvW is as casual as open world pve.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

@"Mechanix.9315" said:Thx BenP,

Working on a new mounted skill to dismount other mounted players. This may also dismount yourself. We're still debating that. Feedback welcome.

If you guys thinking in a new skill, rather than adding the behaviour to skill 1, then should be a dismount with range, so you can actually dismount from lets say 1200 range, like a chain, its the only thing that i can think right now in order to not be forced to play longbow soulbeast.

This is the most important change imo, maybe i can get back into game with this change.

Ranged attack is the current plan. Exact range tbd.

I think this is the wrong approach, and for two reasons:

1. As I've already stated, I think the dismount ability should dismount both players simultaneously. If the ability is done at range, then it gives immediate advantage to ranged classes vs melee, who might even get downed before they have an opportunity to close the gap. It also, again, opens up the possibility of people trolling, where high mobility classes will just dismount players and then rabbit off.

2. Designing the dismount ability around melee range means territory provides an advantage. A player mounted in friendly territory is better able to chase down and dismount an enemy player because their Warclaw moves faster, while at the same time has an easier time of evading / escaping an enemy player trying to do the same to them. This whole idea of "risk" I keep seeing kicked about is exactly this: you should be at "risk" when in enemy territory just as your enemy should be at "risk" while in yours.

Bonus Point:

1. One of the major complaints I've seen about the mount's immunity to CC is that enemy players can mount up and contest a ring while being effectively immortal if they are good with their dodges. This is a large reason why many are asking for the ability to dismount other players.

Simple fix then: remove the ability of a player to contest/capture a point while mounted.

@Mil.3562 said:

@"Lishtenbird.2814" said:As a primarily PvE player who got back into WvW only because of Warclaw's speed and safety of traversal, I dislike the idea of a dismount skill. It will just bring back the ganking and have the trolls - oh, pardon me, "roamers" - rejoice, while encouraging the new WvW players to return back to their previous activities. Traps - I can understand; they require planning and cost time and supply, but not a ranged mount skill.

If it still happens, I would hope that other limitations are considered extra to "
dismounts both players
", such as:
  • being a
    fairly long channel that roots you in place
    (so that you can dismount someone who's trying to get into a tower by timing the skill, but not just gank anyone catching up to the zerg from afar),
  • requires supply
    so that it's not spammable without resupplying,
  • has a
    minimum number of players required to trigger
    - like, you can dismount a group of, say, 3 roamers in a terrifying AoE roar, but not a single scrub catching up to their tag,
  • or if that's a ranged attack like a thrown lance, that should at least be
    evadable
  • knockdowns
    the player who used the dismount skill.

Otherwise the new mount's usefulness will be hampered even more - and it already feels anemic after the nerfs.

I don't know if you're trolling or not, but in case you aren't - have you considered that wvw is just not the gamemode for you ? Wvw for many people including myself is the only reason we play gw2 the last pve thing I've done was get to 450 weaponsmithing only to have a certain sigil on my weapons for wvw, I had not left the shiverpeaks for around 6 months now I only connect to either join wvw immediately or kill some ice wyrms while waiting in the queue.

WvW is not ment for people who want to get dank skins dyes or what ever it is you are trying to get by grinding camp guards, wvw is based around a concept of being a deadly battlefield in which the players who play in the most organised and strategic manner prevail - yes that includes "roaming" and "ganking" it's not supposed to be risk free to travel from point a to point b thus why so many oppose the mounts current state, as an un cc able armored race car with 3 evades which makes it impossible to roam or ambush anyone and that doesn't only hinder with small scale play it makes it absolutely impossible to intercept zergs, use mass stealth and combined with the glider makes it very easy to form an endless stream of reinforcement to objectives under attack causing the attacking side to be punished much less by poor organisation and tactics.

This gamemode is not about grinding up pieces of rocks safely so you could get your chest plate trimmed or god knows what it is you need safe passage for in wvw

I supposed players who likes PvP find it fun to gank players in wvw who are not good at pvp or who do not enjoy pvp and called that an essential part of wvw?

Why is running from point A to point B not supposed to be risk free? You are confusing PvP with WvW environment. And it's not totally risk free either, but at least we have a choice not to engage on a one to one fight. With all these nerfs coming to the Warclaw, yes i call it nerf, what good is the mount in the end? Gankers, not WvWer, are endlessly calling for nerfs, one after another, just because they missed their cheesy assault every time someone on a mount ran pass them on a mount?

At this rate we are going, we will be back to not being able to get to where we want without being knocked down for like a million times. Well, I agree that might as well go back to not having mount in WvW at all. Many Wvwers, old and new, who actually enjoyed Warclaw as it is now will eventually leave this game mode again because many are not veteran forum players < who come to the forum and cried for nerfs for everything when things are not going their ways.

The Warclaw is still very new in WvW, please give it some time and learn to accept, adapt and you will may change your perspectives eventually and find a way to satisfy that bully urge...

WvW is about believe or not player versus player tactical combat. your'e not good at pvp ? thats fine you will get better, you dont want to get ganked ? go with a group even a single buddy is sufficient. this game mode is about a BATTLE GROUND if you shamble aimlessly around the map and kill guards or whatever non-pvp activities you for some reason found reasonable to be doing on a BATTLEFIELD should always come with a risk of being apprehended after all you are on a BATTLEFIELD.as some one who only plays wvw i can tell you that i get ganked a lot many times by groups of people, you know what i do ? i just deal with it and sometimes even get important insights. i dont understand what is it with you people thinking that wvw is about grinding items.

Working on a new mounted skill to dismount other mounted players. This may also dismount yourself. We're still debating that. Feedback welcome.Ranged attack is the current plan. Exact range tbd.

What I like about the current mount, other than taking you back to action quickly, is the effect of standardizing a bit the ability to not engage or to disengage among all classes.Giving players a way to easly dismount you from your mount will take that away.
Considering a non organized scenario, classes like thief or scrapper will still be able to avoid combat almost without any sacrifice, while some others will suffer more from this change.In my opinion the current iteration of the Warclaw isn't affecting roaming in a bad way, but it's just mitigating not organized ganking, which has a good effect expecially for new players trying this game mode.I guess you're already set on your decision, since you're already discussing the range of the new skill, but I'm giving you my feedback anyway.I think WvW is more fun now (glitches apart), particularly for a more casual player.What should be addressed (from my point of view) is the lack of access to the new mount for the new f2p players . We should let them taste it in some way, incentivizing PoF purchase.

edit:I just read this suggestion and I find it fair:Remove the ability of a player to contest/capture a point while mounted.

I would prefer if they don't waste any time on another trap and work on the breakbar idea right away because this is the best way to make players skills interact against mounts and prevent said mounts to triple dodge/leap over millions of CC unscathed. This mount should have been affected by CC from the get go, this is a big oversight.

@"Mil.3562" said:I supposed players who likes PvP find it fun to gank players in wvw who are not good at pvp or who do not enjoy pvp and called that an essential part of wvw?

WvW is a team-based open PvP environment. The only "risk-free" place, by design, is your spawn point. Everything else is open game. So, no matter if it's 1 player, a small group, or a whole zerg who kills you, it's not cheesy or bullying. Your death in this game mode is beneficial to someone else, through score or defending or capping. If you are caught out of position, you are likely to die. Either accept the death, try to run, WP, or alt+f4 if you don't wish to fight back. Roaming/small-scale are both legitimate, useful and necessary playstyles in WvW, whether you like it or not. And if your goal in WvW is to k-train and avoid any form of non-PvE combat, I'm sorry, but you are indeed playing the wrong game mode and I'd suggest trying to revive EotM for the kind of experience you wish for.

The mount is still immensely helpful for moving across the map and between objectives, allowing for quicker response to call-outs and quicker resupplies for sieging objectives, among other uses. In addition, it also has three consecutive evades and an ability that finishes downed players. It's the antithesis of "useless".Currently, dismounting people requires you to blow important cooldowns just to be able to fight someone on equal terms (chasing it down/getting through its health bar to dismount). If you come across someone who is mounted, and you dismount first, you're at a disadvantage. It allows people who do not build for mobility to outpace those that do.

The people who are pointing this out aren't "gankers". In fact, a lot of them are veterans who have thousands of hours worth of playtime and experience in WvW and can spot issues like these in an instant. While not everyone will be in favour of the mount's existence, that fact is unlikely to change, so getting to the stage of balance is the only option available to us. Personally, I can see why, because in its current state, I am still unconvinced that it is in the spirit of WvW.

@martin.3692 said:WvW is about ... player versus player tactical combat.

I like how you deacronymed PvP but kept WvW acronymed, because otherwise it makes way less sense.

• World versus World is about Player versus Player tactical combat.
  • Army versus Army is about Soldier versus Soldier tactical combat.
  • Fleet versus Fleet is about Boat versus Boat tactical combat.

So, yeah. With more and more power coming back to gankers, you are, of course, free to

@martin.3692 said:just deal with it

yourself, but the thing is: you will be dealing with it in maps that are getting emptier and emptier because the amount of "true" WvWers is limited, and parts of those get bored and leave, while newer players are shooed away since they're told and shown that they're playing the mode "wrong", wanting mounts or what not.

I must say that your plentiful messages are quite in line with that "veteran" protective, pro-roaming narrative, and are also an indication of why I started hating that game mode several years ago, but you kept playing it.

@Mil.3562 said:Many Wvwers, old and new, who actually enjoyed Warclaw as it is now will eventually leave this game mode again because many are not veteran forum players

Pretty much. I haven't stepped into WvW for 2 or 3 years (except for that one time when I was forced to grind a Gift of Battle track instead of just buying it with badges), and I already regret not getting the mount before the first wave of nerfs. Mobility and movement is all to me in this game, and the slugfest that is WvW to me otherwise doesn't entice me at all.

A breakbar on a mount that has 10k health in WvW is a waste of time. A dismount skill could make some casual WvW players stop playing if they are continuously dismounted while trying to get from point A to point B. IMO, the #1 way to fix the main problems with mounts in WvW is to stop them from being able to stealth (fix the other bugs with mounts of course, but bugged stealth'd mounts are really screwing up good fights).

Lag issue. From bugs to support, wvw to in game tickets several players gave been asking you to fix this. Yet not even a single answer given to them (us).

Can someone from anet please address this issue? At least give us an answer. I was really shocked when I saw this topic. Are you guys trying to cpver up the lag issue while working on it or are you not even aware or do not care about it?

@Lishtenbird.2814 said:

@martin.3692 said:WvW is about ... player versus player tactical combat.

I like how you deacronymed PvP but kept WvW acronymed, because otherwise it makes way less sense.
  • World versus World
    is about
    Player versus Player
    tactical combat.
  • Army versus Army
    is about
    Soldier versus Soldier
    tactical combat.
  • Fleet versus Fleet
    is about
    Boat versus Boat
    tactical combat.

So, yeah. With more and more power coming back to gankers, you are, of course, free to

@martin.3692 said:just deal with it

yourself, but the thing is: you will be dealing with it in maps that are getting emptier and emptier because the amount of "true" WvWers is limited, and parts of those get bored and leave, while newer players are shooed away since they're told and shown that they're playing the mode "wrong", wanting mounts or what not.

I must say that your plentiful messages are quite in line with that "veteran" protective, pro-roaming narrative, and are also an indication of why I started hating that game mode several years ago, but you kept playing it.

@Mil.3562 said:Many Wvwers, old and new, who actually enjoyed Warclaw as it is now will eventually leave this game mode again because many are not veteran forum players

Pretty much. I haven't stepped into WvW for 2 or 3 years (except for that one time when I was forced to grind a Gift of Battle track instead of just buying it with badges), and I already regret not getting the mount before the first wave of nerfs. Mobility and movement is all to me in this game, and the slugfest that is WvW to me otherwise doesn't entice me at all.

you have not stepped into wvw in 3 years and yet you speak as if you have a firm grasp of the situation in the gamemode, the warclaw was added 2 weeks ago, gankers were always playing and i never had any issues with them, as somebody who alternates between roaming running with a group or even tagging up from time to time i can tell you that the community is fine, its not dying and the servers are the furthest thing away from being empty in fact in the evening they reach over 50 player queues per battleground.

its ok to not like wvw just as it is to not like playing albion or eve online, there is a beauty about this game mode that not everybody gets in fact the only reason i bought guild wars 2 was because i saw a commander laying siege to a tower. a player who is not excited about large scale strategic group play just wont get wvw, riding an oversized cat might be enough to keep him around for a while but he will ultimately leave, (notice how people are complaining about dismount traps without realising that there is currently a ballista skill that can dismount up to 5 targets) they did not even bother to check, why ? because they don't have that spark for the game mode.

the warclaw will obviously stay and wont be removed from the game but the criticism of its flawed implementation is justified and will lead to changes.what i still don't get is why are you spending all of this time on a forum for a game mode you despise and never play trying to prove to the community that the warclaw is a perfectly balanced and needed addition to the game.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

@Chrury.4627 said:Cool stuff.

• We're going to remove the jump on dismount. It's one of the biggest things used to bypass walls/gates and it was faster to remove the jump rather than try to fix each of those individually.

For clarification: it sounds like this is for all (non-chair) mounts in PvE as well? No more dismount climbing over tricky terrain?

No, this is just for the WvW mount. PvE mounts won't be affected.

Dang, was hoping :p (As it essentially gives POF owners a "Super Jump" that others doesn't have access to).

+1 to dismount attack dismount both and put in combat.

Dismount attack should dismount both players or it would lead to frustration and further trolling.

Breakbar sounds good, Warclaw absolutely needs a nerf as it is far too easy to surpass defences and choke holds of few people. Only some classes are able to snipe down a single mounted player but trying to say hold chokes vs multiple reinforcements just jumping past you cannot be done atm.

Also person who let's themself get unmounted should get punished little bit harder. It is too simple just instantly stunbreak the dismount. Even half a second of unbreakable would be huge.

@Lonami.2987 posted a cool, idea, +1, i'm all for a mount that can swim. Dolyak sound very helpful, but I think too much mounts isn't healthy for WvW. You can try to change my mind. The only pro of warclaw is currently that you can now move around without being killed at the spawn by stealthy thief or mesmer.(Btw fixing that invincibility/ infinite stealth would have been a better solution, can't understand we still have scourge blobs, seriously, nerf red aoe of death)I definitely think that, more stronger racial siege weapons are a better solution than adding more mounts. It kinda destroy the soul of WvW... But more importantly, we need more maps!!! With all the current events, we could have a map melting with some fractals... very confusing with several environments like the chaos fractal.

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:No need for a forced dismount esp a ranged one. If it's 1200 and not like 300/600 then it will be way too much of an advantage for range. Breakbar won't work as if they can't do enough damage because of the evades how they going to land enough cc. Don't add a forced in combat or cd on remount. All these things do is cater to the same 3 classes basically that were in here upset about the mount. Thief/Mez/ranger. They want to pull players off their mounts while at the same time not really worried about getting dismounted themselves because they can run away if they chose or are losing like we've watched 1000 times for all these years.

I don't get why you need to kill/chase down every single player and get upset so much if someone gets away. I pull players off the mount all the time. Fix the issues that the mount causes by fixing the map like make the capture circles smaller at camps to prevent that troll on mount contesting I see melee players complaining about. Removing the jump on dismount as you say is good as of course players abused to bypass walls/gates. Focus on that not listening to the smallest amount of your players base the gankers that think wvw is meant to completely ignore all objectives and was meant for 1 vs 1 s only while of course they play the classes that have access to stealth.

Because if an enemy roamer/defender let's that 1 guy run past, he could be flipping an upgraded camp or tag a keep to stall waypoint or kill dollys. Problem with your zergling people is that you only do 1 thing and that's... zerg. Believe it or not it's roamers and defenders that will break or make upgraded keeps because we both fight and defended the camps and or do the same to dollys. Its very easy for you to say that all we do is gank but if that means making your zerg smaller so ours can win then so be it.

And no, I am pretty sure people are more afraid of stuff like holos/revs/warriors than thievs, even deadeye isn't all that great but only vs nom experienced people.

So everyone without mount will be left in the mud against anyone with a mount? Why not implement something that everyone will benefit from?If you implement something broken and must-have then you dont balance it by forcing others to have it too, but you nerf it down to the ground so anyone without it will be able to deal with. smh

I used to think a trap for dismounting would be a good idea, but after reading all the comments I can imagine zergs running around in wvw and getting dismounted every 5 seconds because trolls decided to set up dismount traps everywhere....imagine trying to run along the outside of SM and being dismounted every so often....

I mean...I would probably drop dismount traps all the time in the way of the zerg just to be annoying.

I think breakbars are a better idea. Or a throwable trap (like a disabler).

Traps that can be set on the ground and I can leave there sound more problematic.

@Lishtenbird.2814 said:

@"martin.3692" said:have you considered that wvw is just not the gamemode for you ?

Have you considered that it might not be financially viable to maintain a game mode for a fringe hardcore PvP community in a primarily casual PvE game, and furthermore, to also cater to a fringier "roaming" community? WvWers don't really bring money to GW2 outside of server transfers, and with Alliances, even that will likely be gone; all they do is eat out server resources daily, and then boast how they don't care about fashion, story, PvE and so on, and then their game mode is gradually dying in its own stasis field while the rest of the game evolves. Mount skins are at least some sort of profit from that section of players, and the more players are interested in these skins, the better - and to get them interested in a mount that's useless in PvE, they should find WvW enjoyable instead of frustrating, whether hardcore mode supporters like that or not. And that's also likely why WvW mounts were developed and released before Alliances.

"i am a pver, pamper me! "What kind of mentality is that? If anything, YOU should adapt to a competitive gamemode. Seriously, apart from the minority of people who have social anxiety, why is is such a kitten issue if your virtual character gets ganked and dies? It is a natural part of wvw...I have a better idea: make "pvers" immune to damage (permanent determined buff). Problems solved.