Condi Reaper WvW Roaming. Just had to try it.

EremiteAngel.9765

yeah condi is dead... completely. Any stealth class or melee can rip us apart and run away laughing. Dont know who this guy fought, but it wasnt anyone with half a brain. Any power build will rip a condi build to shreads now. They really need to rethink the direction they are going in.. we are the disease carriers... and we almost all are forced to run power now. Many more nerfs and there will be a mass exodus from this game... period.

• 3 months later...

@"trueanimus.4085" said:yeah condi is dead... completely. Any stealth class or melee can rip us apart and run away laughing. Dont know who this guy fought, but it wasnt anyone with half a brain. Any power build will rip a condi build to shreads now. They really need to rethink the direction they are going in.. we are the disease carriers... and we almost all are forced to run power now. Many more nerfs and there will be a mass exodus from this game... period.

That's not true =(Condi Reaper is not dead!In the video, I beat two top roamers from skilled roaming guilds in NA - Violent Tendency (vT) and Ninja Tactics (OP).Our legendary Necro streamer Ascii has also been streaming recently on Condi Trailblazers Reaper and doing very well roaming in EU!

https://www.twitch.tv/asciigaming/videos

again.. condi is dead.. completely.. unless you are running in a zerg with multiple healers and other scourges simply because against most classes, you just cannot get off enough stacks before they clear it to do any damage. Roaming is basically dead now, especially in the top tiers, because of the addition of mounts so there is just no reason to roam anymore unless for example, you are stopping people running back for an smc cap or something.

Teams with multiple power/blood necros (which doesnt make sense to me since necro is supposed to be the disease slingers) will rip apart a zerg of condi necros even... as long as the numbers are even because power does instant damage while you have to stack condi and wait for ticks where as power is like BOOM.. down .. dead.

Now... if they fix the number of stacks of condi you can apply and reduce the amount of condi clears that all classes have to make it viable again.. i will play condi again. Until then.. power till be superior in every way just because it is meta unless you have like 30 condi scourges and 20 revs in a group that can stun everyone for 5 seconds and can get instant stacks

Zerg fights will always favor power over condi as you have elaborated, and the struggle due to lack of mobility will always be an issue to necro in general for wvw roaming. But condi/boon corrupt reaper can still produce results in this niche as the video highlighted. I can see that this build can be a strong choice in pvp... or already is (been a while since i last pvp).

its funny nothing was even wrong with Reaper until they messed with bitter chill (the very first original version until the made it for some reason scale with condi) and then slowly went down hill from there.. NOw you have bitter chill for some reason sitting there not even being useful to an all power reaper set up (literally look at all the skills and traits.. nothing supports condi). its amusing how it is now and a shame at the same time and i do miss those days where you can choose either option which every class should have.Deathly Chill: The should just make it like the trait Death Magic has for poison for chilled foes instead reducing damage or just something completely different and save that slot. DONE! easy fix and you have a tank option. It isnt hard thing to accomplish.

Also random shout out.. PUT OUR CHILLING DARKNESS TRAIT DOWN TO 1 SECOND COOLDOWN. that is all lol.

• 2 months later...

@LinhZeri.6412 said:its funny nothing was even wrong with Reaper until they messed with bitter chill (the very first original version until the made it for some reason scale with condi) and then slowly went down hill from there.. NOw you have bitter chill for some reason sitting there not even being useful to an all power reaper set up (literally look at all the skills and traits.. nothing supports condi). its amusing how it is now and a shame at the same time and i do miss those days where you can choose either option which every class should have.Deathly Chill: The should just make it like the trait Death Magic has for poison for chilled foes instead reducing damage or just something completely different and save that slot. DONE! easy fix and you have a tank option. It isnt hard thing to accomplish.

Also random shout out.. PUT OUR CHILLING DARKNESS TRAIT DOWN TO 1 SECOND COOLDOWN. that is all lol.

I strongly agree with the chilling darkness trait down to CD 1 second.I mean how many blinds can we put out?Okay, quite a few. But totally not enough in the current state of things.We wouldn't be OP even if CD was removed totally from the trait.Right now at 3 seconds, it is in an awkward position of not being maximized at all for any of our pulsing skills like Nightfall and Well of Darkness.

@LinhZeri.6412 said:Deathly Chill: The should just make it like the trait Death Magic has for poison for chilled foes instead reducing damage or just something completely different and save that slot. DONE! easy fix and you have a tank option. It isnt hard thing to accomplish.

You'd kill any condi reaper build by doing this and the trait would never be taken just like the poison trait in death magic. If you wanna get rid of reaper's condi option, at least ask for something worth a GM trait like:Deathly chill: Gain frost aura for 4 seconds whenever you enter/exit shroud. Chilling a foe grant you 1% life force (no IcD).

Personnally I'd prefer to keep the condi option and replace the now almost useless Chilling nova by:Icy veins: Whenever you enter shroud chill foes around you and gain frost aura for 4s.

For a moment, let's ignore the fact that trailblazer is so strong that it can pull a more or less working condi build out of any class, then condi reaper needs only minor improvements to be viabe:

• Deathly Chill: 2 bleeds for 4 seconds (instead of 1 for 8s)

or

• Chilling Darkness: remove the ICD

Balanced!

Adding both would be overpowered as we could create crazy synergies.

I would really like to see one of these two changes as the resulting build options would work the best with staff+GS which is an interesting weapon combination (but not viable atm.).