Global Unidentified Gear Incoming, March 26th!

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:This may be a stupid question, but--what is the use of Magic Find after the change? It seems to me its only really useful purpose was the hope of getting better gear drops. I know it also gives you a chance of a higher tier of salvaged materials, but honestly, who cares about that? It's the lower tier materials that are hard to get when you're ranked up, and people specifically save characters at level 54 to open bags and get lower-tier materials.

Is magic find useful for anything else?

The biggest difference I've noticed between two accounts (one with 300%, and one with around 125%), is that the account with 300% is never lacking black lion chests, while if I get a key on the 2nd account, I am usually also needing to buy or hope one drops.

I think I need some help understanding this. Will magic find increase the chance of getting a direct exotic drop? If so, and since there's no such thing as unidentified exotic armor, it seems there will be no way to increase the chance to get exotics. What then is the purpose of magic find?

@Dethl.2875 said:

Yeah i get that, but if i want an exotic chance im having to open everything. Since the only way to get to an exotic is to identify everything, it gets a bit more cumbersome

No. This is not right.

@Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 said:Exotic equipment still has the same chance it currently does to drop directly in addition to the rare chance to obtain it from identifying gear.

When you get a loot drop if it is an exotic you'll get that exotic directly into your bag.If it is a lesser rarity then you'll get the unidentified gear of that rarity.

On top of that if you identify the non-exotic gear there's ANOTHER chance for it to become an exotic.Hope that clarifies it.

Wait, so if you're hunting for exotics from unid's, you DO need to open everything? I'm not sure how that makes Randulf "not right".

Well you can't get Exotic items from UnID'd gear without opening it...

• ArenaNet Staff

@ClaraFee.2579 said:I think I need some help understanding this. Will magic find increase the chance of getting a direct exotic drop? If so, and since there's no such thing as unidentified exotic armor, it seems there will be no way to increase the chance to get exotics. What then is the purpose of magic find?

Yes, magic find will continue to increase your chance of a direct exotic drop.

@Randulf.7614 said:

Yeah i get that, but if i want an exotic chance im having to open everything. Since the only way to get to an exotic is to identify everything, it gets a bit more cumbersome

No. This is not right.

@Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 said:Exotic equipment still has the same chance it currently does to drop directly in addition to the rare chance to obtain it from identifying gear.

When you get a loot drop if it is an exotic you'll get that exotic directly into your bag.If it is a lesser rarity then you'll get the unidentified gear of that rarity.

On top of that if you identify the non-exotic gear there's ANOTHER chance for it to become an exotic.Hope that clarifies it.

Ok, but i still have to open them for that extra chance. So the same applies

You know how Black Lion chests have the hidden fourth slot for rare drops? It's like that.

@Randulf.7614 said:Maybe its me, but i find unid gear more cumbersome as a system. You end up with a big stack, which you cant open if you havent the space and then you have to clear down and salvage and repeat. Fair play if ppl prefer it, but id rather just salvage as go along.

It also absolutely will need the filter to keep unids from salvage all

A lot less cumbersome than the bags that HoT and S2 maps give all the time. Hopefully this means we'll just have 3 unidentified gear stacks rather than 5+ types of loot bags after HoT metas to sort through.

@Lunia.2736 said:Can we please please please please please exclude Unidentified Bags from the salvage all feature?

Currently the way around is to use invisible slots, or shared inventory slots, those don't get salvaged with salvage all. Though, it's really more of a workaround that I am willing to endure to open everything before salvaging.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

@cmpgamer.9628 said:How will this work for WvW when items drop? I am under the impression that WvW maps are considered Core Tyria maps and thus use the same drop tables.

It'll work as Irenio describes in WvW as well!

Damnit I literally bought 8 inventory bags slots a few days ago for my active wvw chars to avoid bag overflow lol...

• ArenaNet Staff

@Vova.2640 said:

@cmpgamer.9628 said:How will this work for WvW when items drop? I am under the impression that WvW maps are considered Core Tyria maps and thus use the same drop tables.

Damnit I literally bought 8 inventory bags slots a few days ago for my active wvw chars to avoid bag overflow lol...

Thank you :)

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

Thank you :)

You're welcome because you also got 6 bag slots from me too. Now I can fill my inventory with all of the siege I need in WvW and not worry about gear cluttering it up.

So what about loot containers? Those are unidentified gear as well, or will they spit it out?

And to the others:

Personally I use a 20 slot invisible bag where I store other weapon sets and consumables in. I also always have 1 of each unidentified gear type in there. If I identify or salvage them I simply unstack the rest or press Exc the moment it gets close to 1 again. Not difficult and you will get used to it in no time, while not having to worry about doing it when you don't want to!

Edit:

Also knowing how much work that meant, cool beans. You mad lads actually did it! When it was suggested at the launch we were told it was extremely unlikely :)

@Randulf.7614 said:

No. This is not right.

Ok, but i still have to open them for that extra chance. So my point applies

TBH, only rare unid will have a worthwhile chance at exotics. And the number of those drops will remain low, no doubt.

apologies if any of these questions are repeats.

1. Will the different unID gears stack with each other (eg. PoF unIDs with HoT unIDs) or is everything a unified loot table, eg. id a unID from HoT and get a PoF weapon, etc?
  2. Does this affect other sources of loot, such as gearbags? Will gearbags (eg. silverwastes, raids) still drop level-appropriate gear?
  3. Is this a lv80 change only? If i run around Tyria on a lv40 char, will the loot system change?