Global Unidentified Gear Incoming, March 26th!

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Fevigen.8310 said:

@Vyrulisse.1246 said:Can we please get an option at least to keep it from Salvage All?

Just drop them in an invisible backpack

I also would like to have a way to filter them out of the Salvage All. While almost all my alts do have one invisible bag, I use it almost entirely for permanent keep items and it is at the bottom of my bag slots. I keep my turnover items towards the top so I can quickly spot what's new. On my most played alts the invisible bag is usually full of items and even if not, it's a lot of scrolling to get down to it, I don't have room to split stacks down there, and moving items to/from it involves moving the items in stages to lower slots, scrolling, moving. So it would be less convenient for that to be the only way to protect them.

I do usually have at least one empty shared slot though, so if those are protected from Salvage All I suppose that could work. Even so, I'd rather the unid'd had their own salvage options, if that can be done without too clunky a UI.

@Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 said:Greetings, Tyrians!

We’ve been working on a few major changes to loot drops at level 80 which will provide both quality of life improvements and help with the long-term health of the economy. These will go into effect on March 26.

• Core Tyria and the Heart of Maguuma regions will now drop Unidentified Gear rather than individual fine, masterwork, and rare items.

• Magic find will no longer affect the results of identifying Unidentified Gear.

• Unidentified Gear reward tables are being changed to account for their availability across Tyria, including:

o Setting the frequency of rare item drops in the Crystal Desert region to the same frequency as rare items from the rest of Tyriao Removal of Eyes of Kormir, Congealed Putrescence, and Pulsing Brandsparks from salvaging Unidentified Gear—they’ll now drop from the Crystal Desert region loot tableso Addition of fine and masterwork Reclaimed Weapons from the Heart of Maguuma region to Unidentified Gear loot tables

This means Unidentified Gear has the same value to everyone once it has dropped, regardless of your current magic find.

If you’ve been playing in areas that dropped Unidentified Gear, and you were identifying those items, your overall chances to receive exotic gear and legendary precursors will decrease. If you’ve been playing in core Tyria or Heart of Thorns maps, your chances for exotic and precursor drops will increase if you choose to identify the Unidentified Gear you find. This equalizes your chances of getting those drops across any part of Tyria you like to play in.

To summarize the changes:

Before the 3/26 change• Unidentified Gear drops are influenced by magic find twice—once when received as a drop and once when identified.• Fine, masterwork, and rare equipment drops are influenced by magic find once, when received as a drop.

After the 3/26 change• Unidentifed Gear drops are influenced by Magic Find once, when received as a drop. Exotic equipment still has the same chance it currently does to drop directly in addition to the rare chance to obtain it from identifying gear.

Overall, you’ll get the same amount of loot and won’t have to play inventory wars as much.

We look forward to getting these changes out to you soon!We’ll localize this information as soon as possible for our global community.

This idea is great, but I fear it might homogenize loot too much.

For example, what about three different types of unidentified gear per region? Something like this:

• Central Tyria: Fine/Masterwork/Rare Unidentified Gear.
  • Heart of Maguuma: Fine/Masterwork/Rare Unidentified Maguuma Gear.
  • Crystal Desert: Fine/Masterwork/Rare Unidentified Elonian Gear.

Most of the region-exclusive weapons are exotics, and those won't be covered by the unidentified gear anyway, so maybe the above is kinda pointless. However, there's room for other loot drops, like special crafting materials. Also, I fear having only three items could give them way too much power in the trading post.

I don't know, but I like the idea. Inventory management will become easier too, and that's always for the best.

@Lonami.2987 said:Also, I fear having only three items could give them way too much power in the trading post.

I don't think this will be a problem, because it's only the initial drops which are reducing to 3 items. You'll still have the option to identify the gear and then it can drop the full variety of loot we can get now.

All this does is reduce the initial drops to effectively 3 stacks of bags instead of dozens of individual items, so you can sort it out when you want instead of when your inventory is full.

@Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 said:Greetings, Tyrians!

We’ve been working on a few major changes to loot drops at level 80 which will provide both quality of life improvements and help with the long-term health of the economy. These will go into effect on March 26.

• Core Tyria and the Heart of Maguuma regions will now drop Unidentified Gear rather than individual fine, masterwork, and rare items.

• Magic find will no longer affect the results of identifying Unidentified Gear.

• Unidentified Gear reward tables are being changed to account for their availability across Tyria, including:

o Setting the frequency of rare item drops in the Crystal Desert region to the same frequency as rare items from the rest of Tyriao Removal of Eyes of Kormir, Congealed Putrescence, and Pulsing Brandsparks from salvaging Unidentified Gear—they’ll now drop from the Crystal Desert region loot tableso Addition of fine and masterwork Reclaimed Weapons from the Heart of Maguuma region to Unidentified Gear loot tables

This means Unidentified Gear has the same value to everyone once it has dropped, regardless of your current magic find.

If you’ve been playing in areas that dropped Unidentified Gear, and you were identifying those items, your overall chances to receive exotic gear and legendary precursors will decrease. If you’ve been playing in core Tyria or Heart of Thorns maps, your chances for exotic and precursor drops will increase if you choose to identify the Unidentified Gear you find. This equalizes your chances of getting those drops across any part of Tyria you like to play in.

To summarize the changes:

Before the 3/26 change• Unidentified Gear drops are influenced by magic find twice—once when received as a drop and once when identified.• Fine, masterwork, and rare equipment drops are influenced by magic find once, when received as a drop.

After the 3/26 change• Unidentifed Gear drops are influenced by Magic Find once, when received as a drop. Exotic equipment still has the same chance it currently does to drop directly in addition to the rare chance to obtain it from identifying gear.

Overall, you’ll get the same amount of loot and won’t have to play inventory wars as much.

We look forward to getting these changes out to you soon!We’ll localize this information as soon as possible for our global community.

Magic find will no longer affect the results of identifying Unidentified Gear. Does this mean that Magic find will continue to effect the rarity of the DROP type of unidentified gear vs the rarity of the contents of said drop? Will my magic find effect the rarity of the UNIDENTIFIED GEAR that drops since it will not effect the gear inside?

Seems like another means of devaluing magic find and to further nerf farms. At least before when you got unidentified gear from a chest, who got use it for the id roll. Now it dont get to use it at all.Most of my unidentified gear i get is from chest, which are not effected by mf. It seems to me mf is starting to get just as worthless as gold find. It only effects drops from trash mobs.

@xiiliea.9356 said:Uggggghhhhh, now I have to remember to separate them from my inventory before using Salvage All everywhere in Tyria. I hope you're at least fixing Salvage All to not salvage unidentified gears first.

it DOESNT salvage unidentified first, it salvaged things first based on their order in your backpack. so if you place the stack of unidentified at the end of you backpack, anything else in your backpack will be salvaged.

@Drumming.9876 said:

@xiiliea.9356 said:Uggggghhhhh, now I have to remember to separate them from my inventory before using Salvage All everywhere in Tyria. I hope you're at least fixing Salvage All to not salvage unidentified gears first.

it DOESNT salvage unidentified first, it salvaged things first based on their order in your backpack. so if you place the stack of unidentified at the end of you backpack, anything else in your backpack will be salvaged.

You misread that. They mean implement a change to filter unids from salvage, but to implement that first

@lissiandra.1357 said:apologies if any of these questions are repeats.

1. Will the different unID gears stack with each other (eg. PoF unIDs with HoT unIDs) or is everything a unified loot table, eg. id a unID from HoT and get a PoF weapon, etc?
  2. Does this affect other sources of loot, such as gearbags? Will gearbags (eg. silverwastes, raids) still drop level-appropriate gear?
  3. Is this a lv80 change only? If i run around Tyria on a lv40 char, will the loot system change?

I think these are really good questions and especially the 3. What happens if you loot gears with a character lvl < 80 and/or if you identify unID gear on a lvl <80 will it be like opening a bag of gear on a low lvl char ? It'll grant a gear same lvl as your character ?

@lissiandra.1357 said:apologies if any of these questions are repeats.

1. Will the different unID gears stack with each other (eg. PoF unIDs with HoT unIDs) or is everything a unified loot table, eg. id a unID from HoT and get a PoF weapon, etc?
  2. Does this affect other sources of loot, such as gearbags? Will gearbags (eg. silverwastes, raids) still drop level-appropriate gear?
  3. Is this a lv80 change only? If i run around Tyria on a lv40 char, will the loot system change?

I' m really interested to see those answers too, especially in your second question. Level-appropriate drops from gearbags is a huge part of gold making in the game currently.