Global Unidentified Gear Incoming, March 26th!

• ArenaNet Staff

To answer a few questions that have arisen:

1. Regional drops are on their own separate tables. So the uniqueness of things like Krytan weapons is preserved by those only being available on the appropriate maps.
  2. Gear that comes from champion bags and other regional bags that would yield generic equipment are replaced by unidentified gear at level 80.
  3. Opening bags on lower level characters will continue to yield gear appropriate to that character's level.
  4. There won't be Path of Fire Unidentified Gear, Heart of Thorns Unidentified Gear and Core Tyria Unidentified gear. There are the different tiers of rarity for unidentified gear.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 said:

@ClaraFee.2579 said:I think I need some help understanding this. Will magic find increase the chance of getting a direct exotic drop? If so, and since there's no such thing as unidentified exotic armor, it seems there will be no way to increase the chance to get exotics. What then is the purpose of magic find?

Yes, magic find will continue to increase your chance of a direct exotic drop.

Before patch: MF increases chance of getting exotics from identifying gearAfter patch: MF increases chance of getting exotics from identifying gear

So I still have to buff my magic find before opening the unidentified gear? If so, nothing actually changes

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

@cmpgamer.9628 said:How will this work for WvW when items drop? I am under the impression that WvW maps are considered Core Tyria maps and thus use the same drop tables.

It'll work as Irenio describes in WvW as well!

What about people that have characters parked at a jumping puzzle, that rely on that loot for a somewhat steady profit? How does it affect those tables.

@Dreggon.6598 said:

@ClaraFee.2579 said:I think I need some help understanding this. Will magic find increase the chance of getting a direct exotic drop? If so, and since there's no such thing as unidentified exotic armor, it seems there will be no way to increase the chance to get exotics. What then is the purpose of magic find?

Before patch: MF increases chance of getting exotics from identifying gearAfter patch: MF increases chance of getting exotics from identifying gear

So I still have to buff my magic find before opening the unidentified gear? If so, nothing actually changes

No, MF still increases your chance of a DIRECT exotic drop, meaning a drop from monsters and not from ID an unID gear (same as before patch) but it doesn't increase your chance of getting an exotic from ID unID gears like it was before patch, if i got it right.==> Boosting MF while ID unID gear after patch won't change a thing. The loot table won't change from 0% to 10000000% MF.

@Dreggon.6598 said:

@"ClaraFee.2579" said:I think I need some help understanding this. Will magic find increase the chance of getting a direct exotic drop? If so, and since there's no such thing as unidentified exotic armor, it seems there will be no way to increase the chance to get exotics. What then is the purpose of magic find?

No, you misread.

When Irenio said "magic find will continue to increase your chance of a direct exotic drop," he was talking about a direct drop, not the result of opening a bag.

It's more like this:

Before patch: MF increases the chance at exotics as drops and the chance at exotics from Unids.After patch: MF increases the chance at exotics as drops but not the chance at exotics from Unids.

So...

• Identifying gear: small chance to increase in rarity tier
  • Not identifying gear: zero chance to increase in rarity tier

So, basically, identifying gear is always better than not identifying gear?

IMO, this new system isn't really an improvement. Years ago it would have been great, but now we have so many quality of life features in inventory management that just salvaging all fine items or less, then choosing "deposit all", is more than enough to avoid having a full inventory.

@"Erasculio.2914" said:So...

• Identifying gear: small chance to increase in rarity tier
  • Not identifying gear: zero chance to increase in rarity tier

So, basically, identifying gear is always better than not identifying gear?

IMO, this new system isn't really an improvement. Years ago it would have been great, but now we have so many quality of life features in inventory management that just salvaging all fine items or less, then choosing "deposit all", is more than enough to avoid having a full inventory.

This change just means if you play on a lvl 80 you will be doing less "salvage all > deposit all"

@"Vegeta.2563" said:This change just means if you play on a lvl 80 you will be doing less "salvage all > deposit all"

Feels like it will just add a step before doing "salvage all > deposit all" - I'll have to select "consume all" on the unindentified gear first, then salvage and deposit.

As things stand now if you open UI gear on a lower level character you still get level 80 gear.Will this remain the same after the change?Will the expanded UI gear drop changes ONLY affect the previous individual loot items that drop or will it also replace some of the various types of loot bags?

@Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 said:To answer a few questions that have arisen:

1. Regional drops are on their own separate tables. So the uniqueness of things like Krytan weapons is preserved by those only being available on the appropriate maps.
  2. Gear that comes from champion bags and other regional bags that would yield generic equipment are replaced by unidentified gear at level 80.
  3. Opening bags on lower level characters will continue to yield gear appropriate to that character's level.
  4. There won't be Path of Fire Unidentified Gear, Heart of Thorns Unidentified Gear and Core Tyria Unidentified gear. There are the different tiers of rarity for unidentified gear.

I have couple of questions related:1) Since we will not be able to open anymore the chests from low level characters, is there any system to allow those chests to drop low-level crafting materials? It would be interesting if a lv 80 item could drop with a certain probability curve all the t1-t6 mats.2) Furthermore, does this system will influence raids/fractal drops or those are not affected?3) WvW/PvP will be affected by this change?

I am pleased to have been proven incorrect in my prediction that ANet wouldn't have the time to make this change.

FYI this is going to cause massive market disruptions, in ways that some people will be able to predict, in ways that no one (not even ANet) will expect, and in ways that non-market savvy people will decide are exploits or unfair in some way.<Don't Panic>

• If you're not a speculator or inventory wars min-maxer, wait it out. You'll miss some opportunities and keep your blood pressure lower.
  • If you are a speculator, .
  • If you are a min-maxer, I'll see you in the Silverwastes this weekend opening the last of my unID gear.

PS as data comes in, I'll try to publish whatever I can estimating values. The old rules of thumb no longer apply, not even for the last few weeks, since some people will be selling unID in droves... and some buying in droves.

@"TexZero.7910" said:Why do we have magic find at all at this point if it's seemingly having whats left of it's value removed ?

It still affects every single item dropped by defeating enemies. They just don't seem to want magic find boosting on any loot roll that you can trigger on mass, except for lucky envelopes. It makes sense, because magic find would presumably be intended to boost rewards when they are dropped by an enemy during gameplay, and have consistently been restricted from containers.

Although, mysteriously the description of Unidentified Gear gear says affected by "account magic find", but research shows that bossing magic find does work for Unidentified Gear. Account magic find is not affected by magic find boosts/attributes so the description, or in game results seem wrong. Was this a bug all along, and the fix is to simply remove magic find on the item because it was determined that the game can not differentiate between account magic from boosted/attribute magic find?

I also read that the way the the Silverwaste perseverance magic find boost works for lost bandit chests, is that is applies an attribute magic find boost, for one second while opening the chest. Presumably you can use that 1 second attribute boost to affect unidentified gear too, because attribute bonuses are being applied. It seems like adjusting magic find for specific loot is not possible in the current game's code.

@Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 said:To answer a few questions that have arisen:

But you are adding Reclaimed Weapons, previously regional to the heard of magguma, to the unidentified gear drops? So what, in the future is going to be considered regional drops and what is being re-classified as non-regional? Specifically, is Elonian and Sunspear weapons, and Spearmashal armor, previously found in unidentified gear, considered regional to the crystal desert, and therefore being moved into the loot table as separate drops? Or are they treated the same as reclaimed weapons and are going to be found in unidentified gear from any region?

So if I understand this right, this effectively nerfs farming unidentified gear, am I right? No longer going to SW to max MF and then opening my rare bags?

If so, this is garbage. It feels like they are trying to nerf a major source of gold and covering it up by saying "won't have to play inventory wars as often"

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

@"Kythan Myr.4719" said:So if I understand this right, this effectively nerfs farming unidentified gear, am I right? No longer going to SW to max MF and then opening my rare bags?

If so, this is garbage. It feels like they are trying to nerf a major source of gold and covering it up by saying "won't have to play inventory wars as often"

Opening bags is not a 'Source of Gold'. It is redistribution via selling the loot to players who might have been the ones who farmed for the gold. That is point one.Point two is that they try to urge people to upgrade their own MF, instead of selling to flippers or TP Barons who use some MF Slave parked in Silverwastes. Since there is now no point in selling the bags anymore.Point 3: MF now affects actually playing the game, instead of being an API Baron who barely logs in, and 'plays' on GW2efficiency.

@"Kythan Myr.4719" said:So if I understand this right, this effectively nerfs farming unidentified gear, am I right? No longer going to SW to max MF and then opening my rare bags?

That is what they did and killed PoF maps as well. Now if AB meta drops same as any PoF, none gonna go PoF (like there was someone before)