Hide chest armor function

What's the difference between that and just taking your chest armor off? Head armor, I get some people might want to see their face, but who exactly would run around shirtless for extended periods of time other than to troll? I just don't see what the point of this would be and would prefer resources to be used for other stuff.

I'm for it, didn't vote bc idc if it's a feature or a skin. When I read the topic I figured it would be useful for ppl who wanted to rp a 'barbarian' type thing so why not. It was interesting for me to see how varied the first few responses were . . .

@Poormany.4507 said:What's the difference between that and just taking your chest armor off? Head armor, I get some people might want to see their face, but who exactly would run around shirtless for extended periods of time other than to troll? I just don't see what the point of this would be and would prefer resources to be used for other stuff.

Some people actually do that with male characters and not always for trolling purposes, the reason OP want that feature is because if you play with your chest armor removed you lose stats.

To the topic:Can't say its inappropriate since people can do that anyways, but I honestly don't want to see naked people in LA running around.

Yes! We should have invisibility on all armor pieces!Yes! We should have beachwear as armor skins with dyeable channels!Yes! We should have regular clothing like tank tops and jeans!

Anyone complaining should just look at the extreme nonsense that is Cosmetic Aura's.

I personally think a rare drop skin like the invisible slippers wouldn't be terrible. More valuable items to potentially get your hands on, to use or to sell, is not a bad thing. For female characters, allow the default underwear to be dyed. I get that a rare skin would be frustrating for those who don't want to get the Gold to purchase it with or to try their luck with getting a skin, but I still think that would be the best way to implement it.

@DeWolfe.2174 said:

@InvaGir.9158 said:To the topic:Can't say its inappropriate since people can do that anyways, but I honestly don't want to see naked people in LA running around.

So basically all we have to do while in the cities is take our armor off to desensitize those that wish to oppress us?

No one will tell you to put your chest armor back onBut why do you need it for combat?!

@"Ashantara.8731" said:Surrre. Because many female armor sets and outfits aren't already sexist, now I don't want to see more women in bras in this game. I'd rather see some cool skimpy armor sets and outfit for male characters to even things out. :+1:

I'm sorry, where did it say "female only" armor to justify this baseless accusation?

@robertthebard.8150 said:

@"Ashantara.8731" said:Surrre. Because many female armor sets and outfits aren't already sexist, now I don't want to see more women in bras in this game. I'd rather see some cool skimpy armor sets and outfit for male characters to even things out. :+1:

I'm sorry, where did it say "female only" armor to justify this baseless accusation?

You misunderstood me. I meant that the current status quo was already sexist in comparison. Adding an option to remove chest armor would make it worse for female dressing options. It would only be acceptable if they finally created skimpy armor designs for male characters as well.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:Surrre. Because many female armor sets and outfits aren't already sexist, now I don't want to see more women in bras in this game. I'd rather see some cool skimpy armor sets and outfit for male characters to even things out. :+1:

You misunderstood me. I meant that the
current
status quo was already sexist in comparison. Adding an option to remove chest armor would make it worse for female dressing options. It would only be acceptable if they finally created skimpy armor designs for male characters as well.

Since this would, in effect, add some options to be "skimpier" with male armor, then it should be a bang up idea. As we can see, it's not being looked at that way, which is why I won't vote. I've had some accounts suspended in other game forums for daring to go against the "but it's sexist" crowd. It's especially ironic when the topic starters are female, looking to doll up their toons. I can't speak to this topic, I have no idea, but I have actually seen it happen.

@Poormany.4507 said:What's the difference between that and just taking your chest armor off? Head armor, I get some people might want to see their face, but who exactly would run around shirtless for extended periods of time other than to troll? I just don't see what the point of this would be and would prefer resources to be used for other stuff.

Cosplay reasons.Also Norn Warrior seems like a good fit for a viking sorta warrior theme.

Speaking of Norns, they have lots of body art work. (tats)

Heck why stop with chest. Make all armor pieces with visibility.Finally I can run around the level 8- instances with only gloves and boots (for safety).That said I doudt it will happen. Also Yes on dye-able underwear/bras... Asura look ridiculous in blue boxers....